Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #76
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin2MCO

We won WWII and sent a man to the moon...I think Imagineers can solve this one.

Just set up a ride track and move through different sets, with video/audio and the latest technology and effects. Disney is good at transitions through various lands, so why would this be a problem for such a ride? The vehicle could be neutral or reflect all the represented themes or characters.
I think a combo ride would be awful. My kids love the different rides and they especially love dumbo. Who doesn't like flying in an elephant?

The biggest wastes of space for me: carnival area of dinoland, capt eo, wonders of life, Swiss family trees house (I've never done this in all my visits) and a great majority of dhs. There is really a lot that could be done there that would actually make my family want to go there again. We rarely even go to dhs anymore.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #77
erikaluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

I think the biggest waste of space are:

Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride- seen it about 6 times- need something new

The Odyssey & Wonders of Life (heard that due to lack of sponsorship, it was closed - no $)

Captain EO needs to go!

1980 Tree House Villas; 1987 Polynesian
1990 Off site- band trip; 1992 Off site
1996 Wilderness Lodge; 2001 Yacht Club
May, 2005 POR; May 2006 POR; Feb 2007 POR
Oct, 2007 SS & MNSSHP Feb, 2008 BCV
Dec 2008 OKW ; Feb 2010 BC
Oct 2011 POR; June 2013 WL
erikaluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #78
Flyin2MCO
There IS a man on the wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
I think a combo ride would be awful. My kids love the different rides and they especially love dumbo. Who doesn't like flying in an elephant?
A combo would save so much down time waiting in line, freeing up Guests to do much more and spend more cash throughout the park. You could take the elephant flying to a whole new sensory dimension, and it would be awesome!! YMMV I suppose.

WDW needs to be less carney, more modern day theme park. They should pull on their power and depth of resources to blow us away in the parks.

WDW - Jan13 (BCV), Jun11 (off), Sep10 (BCV), Aug08 (YC), Nov06 (off), Jan05 (off)

DL - Aug11 (VGC)
Flyin2MCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #79
dlove28
Missin' WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin2MCO

A combo would save so much down time waiting in line, freeing up Guests to do much more and spend more cash throughout the park. You could take the elephant flying to a whole new sensory dimension, and it would be awesome!! YMMV I suppose.

WDW needs to be less carney, more modern day theme park. They should pull on their power and depth of resources to blow us away in the parks.
Disney has produced many anthology books that contain multiple classics in one large book. They could certainly have a ride that that's premised on the rider entering into a storybook and going through various segments that immerse you into Mr toad's world for a scene in the book, then stopping in to see snow white for a scene, etc. I think it would be a great way to honor past rides and introduce some older Disney material.

To answer the original question. Putting personal preferences and prejudices aside, I think that the right way to answer the question. Is what are the most under utilized rides and which if those occupy the most space. To me the winner (or loser) is TS island. TLSpeedway certainly takes up lots of space and could use updating, but is still enjoyed by many guests, some on repeat rides. TSI doesn't have the same foot traffic. YMMV.
dlove28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #80
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

I agree that there are lots of areas that either need to be made more up-to-date (or just changed!!) like the Tomorrowland Speedway, Tom Sawyers Island, Swiss Family and Country Bears. They look especially dated with the new shinny Fantasyland. They are between where you exit Buzz and the Carousel of Progress needs to at least be made into an awesome Buzz meet and greet! I'm glad to see something happening in that area by Small World, Peter Pan/Haunted Mansion. It looks like a Rapunzel tower and bathrooms??I heard. Works for me!

Don't get me started on Epcot! It is my second fav park, but think of all there could be if all the aforementioned areas were remade!! EO, Energy, Figment, Horizons, Odyssey area, etc..... I read somewhere that there was enough room around the lagoon to add something like 5 more pavilions!! Bring it on!! I also think that Innoventions could be better used.

I used to love the studio backlot tour when you used to see the homes on the street and then see the behind was just a front! Not anymore. Good get rid of that stunt show and tour and bring us Radiator racers and Luigis Flying tires!!
The American Idol building where the Drew Carey thing was as well can be reused although I used to love love the Twilight Zone/Hitchcock thing!! I was talking to a CM off duty on a monorail one day and he said that there was an announcement going to be made soon and he heard that they were going to do something else Star Wars in that location! That would be AWESOME!! Turns out the announcement was Avatar land..... we know whats going on with that...

Which brings me to Animal Kingdom. With the exception of Everest, everything there can be changed!! I barely go there. A waste of my time of vacation. I have better/more animals at my home zoo and better rides at the three other parks!

Sadly all these changes will hike ticket prices!!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #81
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC1225
I know some people here like it but the Swiss Family Treehouse wins for me hands down. After you are already walking miles in the park all day, the attraction consists of climbing stairs in a tree to see furniture. I did it in the 70s when I was a kid (and there was only one park so you did EVERYTHING in Magic Kingdom) but never again since then.
Love the movie. Love the attraction concept,... Hate the actual doing. I'd like to see it stay but get a refurb... Into a play area, like Dig Site or HISTK. That would be cool! Add some slides and those stairs would suddenly be worth it!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #82
Now Addicted
Earning My Ears

Buzz Lightyear should be removed or updated. TSMM made that ride outdated overnight.
Now Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #83
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now Addicted
Buzz Lightyear should be removed or updated. TSMM made that ride outdated overnight.
We did buzz lightyear today after skipping it a few times and I couldn't agree more. Although I'd be happy with another TSM and putting it right there in MK...LOVE TSM!

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #84
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now Addicted
The one in DL is much better than the one in WDW....
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #85
Hannah0811
Earning My Ears

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think part of the reason I love disney so much is the tradition of some of the older attractions. I would hate to see everything be completely modernized....

That being said, I agree with a PP on the fact that there are some attractions/areas that are not utilized and could be repurposed as something that would be of greater interest
July 2005 Pop Century December 2006 Pop Century January 2008 All Star Sports August 2009 Wilderness Lodge December 2009 Pop Century July 2010 All Star Music And many Summer Day trips from Daytona Beach

Disney Cruise
2005 July Disney Wonder 2008 January Disney Wonder
2013 February Disney Dream upcoming
Hannah0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #86
Poohbug
Sherlocked

So many things, that I think, are wastes of space. That's the thing, just because I think they are a waste-others love them. I respect everyones feelings and do not wish these attractions gone, but my personal opinions are:

COP-I would rather have my eyeballs ripped out than go on this again.

The raceway thing(I don't even know it's name)-takes a huge amount of space, smells and so boring. (especially compared to the go-kart tracks built now)

Innovations-just a walk through to get somewhere else faster. I admit there are one or two new things that may be interesting but most is forgettable.

Old body pavillion and old Oddessy building-use one of these buildings for festival activities/weddings and put a new attraction in the other.

Conservation Station-I went once. I just didn't see the point of taking such a long ride to get to basically nothing.

Backlot-the changes to the tour ruined it. I could be re-imagined to be good again but if that is not going to happen, please use the space for something else.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: