Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

Great review---how was animatorwhere you able torequest a table ifo a big screen to interact with crush?

macfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
Great review---how was animatorwhere you able torequest a table ifo a big screen to interact with crush?
We were actually right next to the screen without requesting it. Crush came over and started talking to our table, but the people at the next table started answering all the questions even though Crush was pointed at our table and no where near theirs. But whatever Lol.
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW

That sounds like a good plan. We used Thrifty and their rental counter was a little slow, but we were still at Disney by 10:30 or so.
Thanks...that's what I wanted to hear! I posted te question on CC and you'd think I was trying to tour all four parks with the answers I got lol.

The pics of your DDs with the characters are too cute. I love that they still love it all too! My boys are teens now and people are always surprised they can't get enough Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
MichelleVW

I was going to try and finish the report this morning before work.....but this girl had other ideas.....

<untitled> 2326 by michellevw04, on Flickr

Spent my morning taking her walks and playing with her ball......PSA if you want a calm dog do NOT adopt the cute little herding dog puppy because they are "so cute!" I love my baby, but omg she's a pain!

I'll try and finish tonight after work....
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I was going to try and finish the report this morning before work.....but this girl had other ideas.....

<untitled> 2326 by michellevw04, on Flickr

Spent my morning taking her walks and playing with her ball......PSA if you want a calm dog do NOT adopt the cute little herding dog puppy because they are "so cute!" I love my baby, but omg she's a pain!

I'll try and finish tonight after work....
She is so cute!! Fortunately my couch potato of a pug wants nothing to do with the great outdoors today. It is snowing/sleeting at the moment and he could not for a minute think that was worth getting off the couch for

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Great trip report so far. Interesting enough I've got an DS18 who will be going with us on the Fantasy in June. Maybe 1 or both of your DD's could give their thoughts on what they thought about the trip. What were their highlights? Recommendations? My fear is that since he is no longer young enough for the Vibe, he now has to hang out with the older crowd and may not like that.

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Following along! Great TR so far
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Thanks...that's what I wanted to hear! I posted te question on CC and you'd think I was trying to tour all four parks with the answers I got lol.

The pics of your DDs with the characters are too cute. I love that they still love it all too! My boys are teens now and people are always surprised they can't get enough Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Lol...I saw the responses over there. You could even go to Ron Jon's first to check it out and THEN head to DTD and still have plenty of time to get to the airport for an 8 pm flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel29 View Post
Great trip report so far. Interesting enough I've got an DS18 who will be going with us on the Fantasy in June. Maybe 1 or both of your DD's could give their thoughts on what they thought about the trip. What were their highlights? Recommendations? My fear is that since he is no longer young enough for the Vibe, he now has to hang out with the older crowd and may not like that.
They would say make sure he goes to the 18-21 year old ice breakers and activities. My girls didn't really go other than the first night, but it's because they have each other to hang out with. They do like to make new friends, but with them both being at college and not seeing each other very often they really just wanted to spend that time as "seesters" as they call each other. I am so lucky that they get along so well! Hopefully you will have great table-mates like we did. It was a family of 4 who brought their niece along. So at our table we had my 19 and 21 year olds, and they had a 17 year old boy (who acted way older) and two 21 year old girls. Disney couldn't have done it any better!

Looks like Castaway Cay is going to have to wait until tomorrow....it's 9pm and I JUST finished dinner and I'm beat....

but I will leave you with this pic that I took of Serenity Bay in July 2011...

IMG_5925 by michellevw04, on Flickr
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
MichelleVW

Castaway Cay

Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay is pretty much my most favorite place on the planet! The girls weren't old enough to go there on their last cruise so they were pretty excited this time.

Got up early and had a small breakfast at Cabanas and headed off the ship around 9:15 or so.

We skipped the first tram and walked towards the tram spot for Serenity Bay and took a few pictures and looked in the shops along the way. I wanted a new Castaway Cay sweatshirt but just couldn't find one I liked.

<untitled> 3298 by michellevw04, on Flickr

I think we were on the first tram out to Serenity Bay! We saw the people running the 5K and while I admire those people they don't look too happy Lol.

Had pretty much our pick of where we wanted to sit!

<untitled> 3309 by michellevw04, on Flickr

We picked the first two hammocks on the right so we would be close to the food/bar/bathroom!!

DD21 got motion sick on the hammock Lol so she opted for a chaise.

<untitled> 3331 by michellevw04, on Flickr

So from 9:30 until 11 this is what we did......

<untitled> 3334 by michellevw04, on Flickr

I think I went up to lunch around 11:15 to 11:30 by myself since the girls weren't hungry yet. I had the steak which is AMAZING and a TON and I mean a TON of mango!! I think I went back for 4 or 5 different plates of mango. Then I went and got a cookie and topped it with soft serve!!

While I was stuffing my face with mango the girls were meeting Capt Jack on the beach!

<untitled> 3348 by michellevw04, on Flickr

Then the girls went up for lunch and then it was time for more of this.....

<untitled> 3365 by michellevw04, on Flickr

After lunch there was a couple that showed up to take wedding pics.

<untitled> 3386 by michellevw04, on Flickr

The girls were brave and got in the water....but not me.....

<untitled> 3403 by michellevw04, on Flickr

I think we headed back to the ship around 2-2:30ish. Gave up our hammocks to a couple that had dropped off their kids at the kids club and wanted quiet time.

Had to get the typical pic from the beach with the Dream in the back.

<untitled> 3411 by michellevw04, on Flickr

Looked in the shops one more time, but never found anything we wanted.

to be continued
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

I think we must have passed each other in Serenity Bay that day - but I don't think I saw you there! The steak was unbelievable there - I though since it was thin it would be tough, but it worked perfectly on a bun!

That day was about as perfect as it could be. Sigh.
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #27
MichelleVW

Castaway Cay cont

As we headed back to the ship we took a few pics

<untitled> 3413 by michellevw04, on Flickr

<untitled> 3419 by michellevw04, on Flickr

<untitled> 3426 by michellevw04, on Flickr

then we headed back to the room to pack up a bit...

Can't really remember what we did after that Lol...but my guess is we chilled in the room and watched a Disney movie on Demand!

Cleaned up and went to the 6:15 show. We never got to the shows very early yet we always got pretty good seats. After the show we went to Evolution for 90's Trivia with Nick. We lost of course, but it was still fun! Dinner the last night was Animators Palate again. Food was awesome and we gave our servers their envelopes with their tips and heard a few more stories from our server Kamil. He was awesome but ready for a vacation as he only had a couple weeks left before he had a few weeks off. He was excited because he was being moved to Palo. Dinner was a LONG event the entire cruise and lasted no less than 2 hours every time. We said goodbye to our tablemates since we weren't going to breakfast in the morning and then headed to Evolution for one last night.

The last night they had the Magician and his wife preform one more time. That woman changed clothes every 2 seconds!! He was good, but I'm just not a magic fan since I want to know how they do it. After the magic show came pretty much the best part of the cruise....the goodbye sketch by the crew. Holy Moly it was HYSTERICAL!!! We were rolling!!! What made it funnier was that we had met and talked to a few of them so it was like watching your friends be silly. After that we said goodby to Nick (adult actives director) and headed back to our room since we had a long day ahead of us the next day....

<untitled> 3431 by michellevw04, on Flickr

up next...the sad task of leaving the ship
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #28
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Castaway Cay cont

The last night they had the Magician and his wife preform one more time. That woman changed clothes every 2 seconds!! He was good, but I'm just not a magic fan since I want to know how they do it. After the magic show came pretty much the best part of the cruise....the goodbye sketch by the crew. Holy Moly it was HYSTERICAL!!! We were rolling!!! What made it funnier was that we had met and talked to a few of them so it was like watching your friends be silly. After that we said goodby to Nick (adult actives director) and headed back to our room since we had a long day ahead of us the next day....
This was one of the only nights we missed the show in Evolution - but we were finishing up in Palo, saw the character sailing away showette, played the midship detective game, and other assorted activities. Would have loved to have seen the crew goodbye sketch - I've heard it was great!

Also, DW has informed me that we DID cross paths in CC - at Serenity Bay and that we ate at the same time for lunch two tables apart from each other. I guess I was too focused on the steak and mangos!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #29
MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
This was one of the only nights we missed the show in Evolution - but we were finishing up in Palo, saw the character sailing away showette, played the midship detective game, and other assorted activities. Would have loved to have seen the crew goodbye sketch - I've heard it was great!

Also, DW has informed me that we DID cross paths in CC - at Serenity Bay and that we ate at the same time for lunch two tables apart from each other. I guess I was too focused on the steak and mangos!
Lol....I just couldn't get past the mangos to notice anyone!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: