Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #2821
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Oh gosh! I didn't take it that way at all! It's definitely geared towards the little ones and mainly girls. I'm preparing for DS to not be so interested in the new FL but then again DD isn't too interested in Star Wars and she gets through it

So far our June trip is a GO!!! We just need to decide which week. It's either June 8-15 or June 15-22. I'd really like to take advantage of the discount and go June 8-15. It would save us $505. Their last day of school is June 7th so they would only miss that last day while we drive. (Yes we are driving again. ) School could go as late as June 14th if they have to add inclement weather makeup days. Today is a snow day and it will be made up next month. They have two more makeup days built into the calendar. Any more than two snow days and the makeup days get tacked onto the end of the year.
Silly school make up days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I couldn't take it anymore. I booked for June 8-14th. If we end up having to bump it a week later so be it. Nothing eases the winter blahs like booking a trip to Disney! We are staying at CBR again and I added the Water Parks to our tickets. The kids are so excited. We've never gone when it's warm enough for the water parks!
YAY! I need to book ours, but I'm still waiting for Logan's leave. I probably should just go for it.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #2822
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I couldn't take it anymore. I booked for June 8-14th. If we end up having to bump it a week later so be it. Nothing eases the winter blahs like booking a trip to Disney! We are staying at CBR again and I added the Water Parks to our tickets. The kids are so excited. We've never gone when it's warm enough for the water parks!
Congrats!! You're going to definitely use water park tickets that time of year!! The first time I went to WDW (1999) it was in June and it was SO hot and humid! I hope the makeup days don't mess with your trip!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2823
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

YAY! We've officially booked our airfare. I ended up cobbling together some flights, because we didn't have enough miles to do 3 round trips, and the return flights on United were awful (I'm ok with waking up at the crack of dawn on the way to Disney, but not so much on the way back). It was only $461.70 for the three of us though, which is not bad, and includes Early Bird Check-In for Southwest on the way back. It would have been nice to use more miles, but this way we get to all fly together.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #2824
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,984

Hi everyone! Sorry that I keep dropping off the face of the earth. These past few weeks have kept me very busy but I'm not complaining!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be working on my TR anymore. I just don't have the time. I have been thinking about starting a new blog, but again, time is the big issue. I would love to have some time to catch up on all of your PTR's, TR's, etc. I miss "chatting" with all of you! The good thing is that I'm friends with most of you on Facebook. I still have to upload all of our pictures from our past trip!!! I am terrible lately!
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #2825
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
YAY! We've officially booked our airfare. I ended up cobbling together some flights, because we didn't have enough miles to do 3 round trips, and the return flights on United were awful (I'm ok with waking up at the crack of dawn on the way to Disney, but not so much on the way back). It was only $461.70 for the three of us though, which is not bad, and includes Early Bird Check-In for Southwest on the way back. It would have been nice to use more miles, but this way we get to all fly together.
It's such a relief to have the airfare under your belt!!! Makes the trip so definite and such a load off your mind~no more checking best fares every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry that I keep dropping off the face of the earth. These past few weeks have kept me very busy but I'm not complaining!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be working on my TR anymore. I just don't have the time. I have been thinking about starting a new blog, but again, time is the big issue. I would love to have some time to catch up on all of your PTR's, TR's, etc. I miss "chatting" with all of you! The good thing is that I'm friends with most of you on Facebook. I still have to upload all of our pictures from our past trip!!! I am terrible lately!
Hey girl!! Good to see you here...I know you are sooo busy!! Just chuck us a few pix and we will be happy! LOL!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WLNov 2014 POR/BWI
Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #2826
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!
 
crzyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,531

Hello everyone.
Life in WI: Yesterday 50 degrees and rainy. Today 8" of snow on the ground (and increasing) with 18 degrees...score.

Luckily I had off today so I stayed in sweats all day.

Hope all is well.
__________________
Oct '92 -offsite, Jan '06 -offsite, Nov '06 -AllStar Music, Jan '08 -AllStar Music, Jan '09 -AllStar Music/SSR, July '10- Disneyland
Dec. '11 -Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village,
Jan. '13 - Old Key West, Jan. '15 Old Key West - Grand Villa
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #2827
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
It's such a relief to have the airfare under your belt!!! Makes the trip so definite and such a load off your mind~no more checking best fares every day!

Hey girl!! Good to see you here...I know you are sooo busy!! Just chuck us a few pix and we will be happy! LOL!!!
Yeah, and I don't think we could have done much better. Airfare is so expensive now. For our honeymoon, we only paid $211 for each of us. Now I'm having a hard time finding anything less than $300. I booked Southwest, so if I see a price drop, I can get a little bit back. Also, Gideon and I both have Silver status on United from all the trips from Korea last year, so we each get one checked bag going down, and technically we could each have two on Southwest coming back. I hate having to pack in a carry-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Hello everyone.
Life in WI: Yesterday 50 degrees and rainy. Today 8" of snow on the ground (and increasing) with 18 degrees...score.

Luckily I had off today so I stayed in sweats all day.

Hope all is well.
We had a 70 degree day on Monday, then yesterday I woke up to 3 inches of snow. Of course, Tuesday was spent in a tornado watch.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #2828
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,304

I priced airfare for our June trip and DH basically laughed at me. If we're going back to Disney it's in a car or not at all. No way will I ever get him on a plane again!!!

Has anyone ordered trading pins from eBay? Are the sellers reliable and are they authentic Disney pins that you can trade in the parks? I'm thinking of getting the kids started with pin trading this trip. We've done enough of the autograph books! Any tips for newbie pin traders?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry that I keep dropping off the face of the earth. These past few weeks have kept me very busy but I'm not complaining!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be working on my TR anymore. I just don't have the time. I have been thinking about starting a new blog, but again, time is the big issue. I would love to have some time to catch up on all of your PTR's, TR's, etc. I miss "chatting" with all of you! The good thing is that I'm friends with most of you on Facebook. I still have to upload all of our pictures from our past trip!!! I am terrible lately!
Glad you're keeping busy booking trips
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #2829
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,103

Hey Kim....I did get pins year before last..I think I bought a 25 pin batch for like $17 or something like that...it was a great deal! And we got some really cute pins..I think Shelly got pins off of ebay also one year.... And yes, airfare can be so ridiculous!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WLNov 2014 POR/BWI
Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #2830
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I priced airfare for our June trip and DH basically laughed at me. If we're going back to Disney it's in a car or not at all. No way will I ever get him on a plane again!!!

Has anyone ordered trading pins from eBay? Are the sellers reliable and are they authentic Disney pins that you can trade in the parks? I'm thinking of getting the kids started with pin trading this trip. We've done enough of the autograph books! Any tips for newbie pin traders?


Glad you're keeping busy booking trips
I don't remember. Is your DH afraid of flying?
I think our days of flying to Disney are numbered. Even just 3 of us would have been close to $1000, if we had paid for the whole thing. I showed DH my price breakdown and he was a bit shocked. We're looking at spending a little over $1000 for our room and over $1000 for food. Then there's the extra money we're spending to go over to Universal and what we did pay for airfare.
It's ending up being more expensive than our honeymoon!

I guess that's what happens when you go during Regular season, instead of Value season, and have 2 extra people tag-a-long. The only ways we could cut costs are by changing to a value or off-property () cut out most of our dining (DH won't go for it) dis-invite my sister (just rude!) or cancel Universal (if not now, then when?). None of which sounds as if it would be worth it.
We have the money....this is just the most expensive vacation we've ever taken. (unless you count last year when we came back to the States, but I don't really consider death bed travel a vacation)

I'm glad Meghan's keeping busy too.

For any of you who may be interested, I started a PTR. It's in my siggie!
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #2831
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I priced airfare for our June trip and DH basically laughed at me. If we're going back to Disney it's in a car or not at all. No way will I ever get him on a plane again!!!

Has anyone ordered trading pins from eBay? Are the sellers reliable and are they authentic Disney pins that you can trade in the parks? I'm thinking of getting the kids started with pin trading this trip. We've done enough of the autograph books! Any tips for newbie pin traders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey Kim....I did get pins year before last..I think I bought a 25 pin batch for like $17 or something like that...it was a great deal! And we got some really cute pins..I think Shelly got pins off of ebay also one year.... And yes, airfare can be so ridiculous!

I have gotten the boys pins on Ebay about 3 times now. You can usually get them for less than $1 each - including shipping!! Which is a super great deal!

We just got airfare for our August trip. Grand total round trip for four = $770! I was very happy with that.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #2832
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,103

Shelly~that is great for airfare!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WLNov 2014 POR/BWI
Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #2833
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Thanks Shawna! I was very pleased, especially considering we paid like $1200 the last time.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #2834
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey Kim....I did get pins year before last..I think I bought a 25 pin batch for like $17 or something like that...it was a great deal! And we got some really cute pins..I think Shelly got pins off of ebay also one year.... And yes, airfare can be so ridiculous!
Thanks! I've marked a couple sellers that have good feedback! Now I'm debating on getting lanyards before we go or having them pick them out on their own when we get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I don't remember. Is your DH afraid of flying?
I think our days of flying to Disney are numbered. Even just 3 of us would have been close to $1000, if we had paid for the whole thing. I showed DH my price breakdown and he was a bit shocked. We're looking at spending a little over $1000 for our room and over $1000 for food. Then there's the extra money we're spending to go over to Universal and what we did pay for airfare.
It's ending up being more expensive than our honeymoon!

I guess that's what happens when you go during Regular season, instead of Value season, and have 2 extra people tag-a-long. The only ways we could cut costs are by changing to a value or off-property () cut out most of our dining (DH won't go for it) dis-invite my sister (just rude!) or cancel Universal (if not now, then when?). None of which sounds as if it would be worth it.
We have the money....this is just the most expensive vacation we've ever taken. (unless you count last year when we came back to the States, but I don't really consider death bed travel a vacation)

I'm glad Meghan's keeping busy too.

For any of you who may be interested, I started a PTR. It's in my siggie!
DH hates flying. He's only flown once- for our honeymoon to Disney. It was a rough flight and he was a sick for the entire first day because of it. We doped him up with dramamine for the flight home and he slept the whole way. I wish it hadn't been such a bad experience or he probably would be more open to flying again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

I have gotten the boys pins on Ebay about 3 times now. You can usually get them for less than $1 each - including shipping!! Which is a super great deal!

We just got airfare for our August trip. Grand total round trip for four = $770! I was very happy with that.
Hooray for getting a good deal on your flights!!!!

Off to browse some more on ebay for pins...



4 months from today we'll be driving to Disney!!!!!!
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #2835
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,103

Becca, we already had gotten them lanyards and about 3 starter pins the year before, but I would probably just wait..they have so many to choose from!!!
Kim....Yay for 4 months!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WLNov 2014 POR/BWI
Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: