Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #1351
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
If I remember correctly there is a large tent where you can leave your luggage while you wait in line to check in.
Thank you - will pass the info. on.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #1352
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Last edited by Andtototoo; 01-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #1353
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
The kids my dd knew who were termed were for largely preventable reasons:

1. Showing up late repeatedly.
2. Showing up hungover and therefore not being "perky" enough.
3. Working in food service and eating the food (stealing).
4. Having alcohol in the wellness apartments.
5. Being on the "party bus" when the driver called Disney and complained about the behavior of the CPers on the bus. The head of the CP came out and fired everyone who was on the party bus. No exceptions. If you were on the bus and not drunk and not causing trouble, it was too bad so sad. So.. do not go on the party bus.
6. Not being able to handle the job. My dd worked with one girl who had been transferred from a job in Attractions to Custodial and for whatever reason, couldn't handle the work. She was terminated.
7/. Underage drinking.

I will say that the girls got away with underage drinking more than the boys because the security team was comprised largely of men. So my dd's roommate who was a very cute girl and who was caught coming home drunk as a skunk several times was never termed because security never reported her.

Thank you. Will pass this info. on to her.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #1354
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!

Hi all!!

Sub'in to this thread... my DD is doing the Spring/adv CP we are heading down for a week of Disney alone... then she checks in on Feb 4th

Now to read read read about this some more
Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #1355
miss missy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqidoc View Post
Hi my daughter and myself started a Parents FB for Spring/Advantage 2013.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/430218563680184/
I requested to join this FB group DD starts Feb 4th.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #1356
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Curious what the last check-in date is for this term.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #1357
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS
Curious what the last check-in date is for this term.
I think it's early February - 4th or 5th, maybe? DS is January 28, and I know he isn't the last group, but he's close.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #1358
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I think it's early February - 4th or 5th, maybe? DS is January 28, and I know he isn't the last group, but he's close.
Thank you.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #1359
Dizbabe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
My daughter just finished her Fall 2012 CP stay and is extending until May 2013. Her experience was wonderful and I thought I would just post a little about her experience. She ended up working attractions at Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. She really liked the people she worked with but the attraction itself was high stress sometimes because I guess a lot of people get removed or fired for safety violations while driving the trucks. However, she managed to make it through without any safety violations and really liked all of her managers. The only part she didn't like were rude guests. I can't believe some of the things people say to the cm's. She actually had someone tell her on Christmas day that she ruined their kid's Christmas because she wouldn't let them in the FP line when they didn't have a FP and told her if she refused, they were going to call a manager and "get her in trouble"! Luckily her manager was right there and overheard everything.

She had a 3 bedroom apartment in Patterson with 5 other roommates. Amazingly, they all got along really well and no one left early. She has had such a great experience, she wants to stay. She is actually considering living there permanently after she is done with the cp program. She wants to establish residency and then finish college in Florida. I guess we will see if that changes in May. Let me know if you have any questions!
Wow - I couldn't help but comment here - my DD was also a CP during the fall of 12. She also lived in the Patterson Apts. and she also worked at Disney's Animal Kingdom at the Kilimanjaro Safari. She loved being there and really enjoyed being a CP! I am sure our DD's would know each other working at the same attraction! So glad your DD had such a wonderful experience that she is staying! My DD had a tough decision to make but she signed a contract to go back and work this coming summer! We will see what happens! I hope all will go well with your daughter this semester as well!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #1360
miss missy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
My DD checks in Monday Feb 4th. I believe that is the last day.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1361
tripletots
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
My daughter just finished her Fall 2012 CP stay and is extending until May 2013. Her experience was wonderful and I thought I would just post a little about her experience. She ended up working attractions at Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. She really liked the people she worked with but the attraction itself was high stress sometimes because I guess a lot of people get removed or fired for safety violations while driving the trucks. However, she managed to make it through without any safety violations and really liked all of her managers. The only part she didn't like were rude guests. I can't believe some of the things people say to the cm's. She actually had someone tell her on Christmas day that she ruined their kid's Christmas because she wouldn't let them in the FP line when they didn't have a FP and told her if she refused, they were going to call a manager and "get her in trouble"! Luckily her manager was right there and overheard everything.

She had a 3 bedroom apartment in Patterson with 5 other roommates. Amazingly, they all got along really well and no one left early. She has had such a great experience, she wants to stay. She is actually considering living there permanently after she is done with the cp program. She wants to establish residency and then finish college in Florida. I guess we will see if that changes in May. Let me know if you have any questions!
My daughter checked in on Jan 7. She is working DAK Kilimanjaro Safari. She also lives in Patterson with 5 other girls! She is scheduled to leave in May as well unless she extends until August.

She says it is stressful and people can be rude. That really surprised her.

. .
tripletots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #1362
jobro912
Mouseketeer

And Away We Go

My son has been on the CP mailing list since about 7th grade. We are former DVC Members...UGH! Yes, I sold. He has been to WDW 35ish times. He is finally in college, and this will be his first time to apply. Not real sure he will get past the Web Based Interview...he has applied for other jobs that require this, and has never gotten past it. We have been You Tubing and Googling up a storm though trying to figure out how to answer the thing. His role preferences are Character, Attractions, then he doesn't really care. He has spoken to CPers who have told him that Custodial CPs seem to have a really good time, so he is open to that. He has 2 friends from school on Spring 13 CP as we speak. I have told him to check with them about details...ie Financial Aid and Scholarships...maintaining enrollment, etc. Fortunately he is at a school that is very connected to the College Program, so those things should probably be non-issues. So away we go...Almost time to apply for Fall 13 CP. Fingers, Toes, Eyes, etc crossed.
John
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #1363
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
My son has been on the CP mailing list since about 7th grade. We are former DVC Members...UGH! Yes, I sold. He has been to WDW 35ish times. He is finally in college, and this will be his first time to apply. Not real sure he will get past the Web Based Interview...he has applied for other jobs that require this, and has never gotten past it. We have been You Tubing and Googling up a storm though trying to figure out how to answer the thing. His role preferences are Character, Attractions, then he doesn't really care. He has spoken to CPers who have told him that Custodial CPs seem to have a really good time, so he is open to that. He has 2 friends from school on Spring 13 CP as we speak. I have told him to check with them about details...ie Financial Aid and Scholarships...maintaining enrollment, etc. Fortunately he is at a school that is very connected to the College Program, so those things should probably be non-issues. So away we go...Almost time to apply for Fall 13 CP. Fingers, Toes, Eyes, etc crossed.
John
Good luck to your son - John. Keep us posted. My dd is in custodial and so far we have heard great things about the role - they get to move around.....too

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #1364
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizbabe View Post
Wow - I couldn't help but comment here - my DD was also a CP during the fall of 12. She also lived in the Patterson Apts. and she also worked at Disney's Animal Kingdom at the Kilimanjaro Safari. She loved being there and really enjoyed being a CP! I am sure our DD's would know each other working at the same attraction! So glad your DD had such a wonderful experience that she is staying! My DD had a tough decision to make but she signed a contract to go back and work this coming summer! We will see what happens! I hope all will go well with your daughter this semester as well!
Sorry I am just getting to post. We just got back from WDW yesterday. Anyway, I am sure they would know each other. I think they were a really tight group. My DD's name is Christina, maybe she will recognize the name. She loved working the Safari but wanted to try something else and got stuck with the Wildlife Express Train (at least I think that's what it is called) this session. She doesn't like it nearly as much and tries to pick up shifts often at the Safari. That is really cool that your DD may be going back. My DD may go seasonal but she will most likely be coming back to CA to finish school. Who knows though, she changes her mind daily!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #1365
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletots View Post
My daughter checked in on Jan 7. She is working DAK Kilimanjaro Safari. She also lives in Patterson with 5 other girls! She is scheduled to leave in May as well unless she extends until August.

She says it is stressful and people can be rude. That really surprised her.
It's funny, those are the exact words that my daughter used to describe it too but she also loved the people she worked with and her managers. My DD is working right next to it this session at the Wildlife Express Train but still picks up shifts from time to time at the Safari's. My DD's name is Christina, maybe she knows her? Hopefully she will enjoy her job as much as my DD did!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: