Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #3286
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,248

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Just issued a tornado watch here in Maryland until 2 AM Thursday. Temperatures have been 70 the past two days and will be 40's tomorrow.

Come on May!
Oh my gosh! Where in MD are you? I've got family in Rockville and friends in Bowie.
__________________
Kirbo is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #3287
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran
 
gonecrusin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Oh my gosh! Where in MD are you? I've got family in Rockville and friends in Bowie.
Ellicott City
The watch is covering most of MD. It's a cold front coming through.
__________________
Susan

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #3288
WVURunner
DIS Veteran
 
WVURunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 861

Private Gibraltar Tour

So DH and I were looking at what we wanted to do in Gibralter and since we couldn't find Disney excursion that covered everything, I looked into private excursions. Is there anyone intersted in joining us and splitting up the cost of a private excursion? We will be a group of four adults with a 3 year old joining us for the dolphin part but kids are welcome. Tour can fit up to 8.
All info is below:
Tour company is Gib Tours-http://www.gibtours.com/rock-tour-options.html
Tour D approx. 4 hour
100 Ton Gun
Europa Point/ Trinity Lighthouse
Pillars of Hercules/Jews Gate
St Michael's Cave
9.2 Inch Gun/ O'Hara's Battery
Apes Den/Top of the Rock
Great Siege Tunnels
World War ll Tunnels
Moorish Castle/ Tower of Homage

price is £270 for up to 8 people plus addmission costs

ADMISSION FEES
Nature Reserve - £10.00 per person
O’Hara’s Battery - £3.50 per person
Second World War Tunnels - £8.00 per person
Admission for under 6 year olds - FREE

We plan on adding the dolphin safari after the tour:
APPROXIMATE JOURNEY TIME - 1 hour 30 mins.
PRICES:
£25.00 per adult
£15.00 per child (under 12 years old)
Get 10% discount on your dolphin safari when booking in conjunction with your rock tour.

If you don't want to do the dolphin ride, you can be dropped off after at the ship when we pick up the kid

Let me know if anyone is interested!
WVURunner is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #3289
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran
 
MandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,633

I hope everyone had a Wonderful Wednesday!

Sorry about those storms --- I'm guessing it was a rough day because hubby didn't even answer my texts and I know better than to call him at work when the weather around the system is bad! (And he's still not home) Luckily he just watches airplanes from computer screens instead of having to fly all over in them, so I get him home each night.

Work has kicked my booty the past few days, but thankfully tomorrow is my "Friday".

Thanks to ValBob for posting the tshirt image of the design. I hope Bob is still on the mend!

Take care, and pump up on your vitamin C to ward off all evil sickies!!!
MandyGirl is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #3290
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I would be OK to order two shirts at that price Val - thanks for doing this. .
Hiya - I am helping Val keep track of shirts (qty) so please go here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v7_...Cj3yo/viewform
and fill out the very short form!

If we get to the minimum we'll contact you with info on submitting payment.
Didn't know if you'd scroll thru all posts and wanted to make sure you were included......
Thanks!
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #3291
Tink1987
DIS Veteran
 
Tink1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin
Just issued a tornado watch here in Maryland until 2 AM Thursday. Temperatures have been 70 the past two days and will be 40's tomorrow.

Come on May!
Eeek, stay safe! Makes me think how lucky we are to live in the UK.
__________________
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #3292
Tink1987
DIS Veteran
 
Tink1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
So DH and I were looking at what we wanted to do in Gibralter and since we couldn't find Disney excursion that covered everything, I looked into private excursions. Is there anyone intersted in joining us and splitting up the cost of a private excursion? We will be a group of four adults with a 3 year old joining us for the dolphin part but kids are welcome. Tour can fit up to 8.
All info is below:
Tour company is Gib Tours-http://www.gibtours.com/rock-tour-options.html
Tour D approx. 4 hour
100 Ton Gun
Europa Point/ Trinity Lighthouse
Pillars of Hercules/Jews Gate
St Michael's Cave
9.2 Inch Gun/ O'Hara's Battery
Apes Den/Top of the Rock
Great Siege Tunnels
World War ll Tunnels
Moorish Castle/ Tower of Homage

price is £270 for up to 8 people plus addmission costs

ADMISSION FEES
Nature Reserve - £10.00 per person
O’Hara’s Battery - £3.50 per person
Second World War Tunnels - £8.00 per person
Admission for under 6 year olds - FREE

We plan on adding the dolphin safari after the tour:
APPROXIMATE JOURNEY TIME - 1 hour 30 mins.
PRICES:
£25.00 per adult
£15.00 per child (under 12 years old)
Get 10% discount on your dolphin safari when booking in conjunction with your rock tour.

If you don't want to do the dolphin ride, you can be dropped off after at the ship when we pick up the kid

Let me know if anyone is interested!
Can you put us down for both parts? I need to speak to my DB but can come back to you in a few hours - 1pmish my time?

Thanks so much
__________________
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 AM   #3293
Tink1987
DIS Veteran
 
Tink1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse

Hiya - I am helping Val keep track of shirts (qty) so please go here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v7_...Cj3yo/viewform
and fill out the very short form!

If we get to the minimum we'll contact you with info on submitting payment.
Didn't know if you'd scroll thru all posts and wanted to make sure you were included......
Thanks!
Thanks very much - will fill that out when I am on my laptop later - hope that's OK?

Thanks for thinking of me and organising it
__________________
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 AM   #3294
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Thanks guys. While I will miss them terribly, I am going to embrace this opportunity to spend some time with my other nieces. I am not close with my little sister and my relationship with my 3 year old niece has suffered because of that. I have only seen her about 5 times. Booking and planning this cruise has opened up our line of communication again and I have spoken to both my little sister and niece every day since we booked. I am looking forward to getting to know my sister as an adult and getting to know my nieces. And while I am at it, I might as well work on my relationship with my Mom!
Sometimes the world works in mysterious ways. I wish all of you the best and hope that new memories and relationships can be made on this trip!
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #3295
Tink1987
DIS Veteran
 
Tink1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,804

Can I ask a big favour of someone please if nobody would mind? It's OT so sorry about that

Would anybody mind ordering the free Disneyland planning DVD, ripping it to their PC and sending me the file? Disney don't send us the disc here in the UK

Also if somebody was to send me the disc it wouldn't play in our DVD players because we are a different region to the US.

Hope that's not too cheeky thanks very much Sorry to take up thread space on something that's not EBTA related x
__________________
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #3296
WVURunner
DIS Veteran
 
WVURunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Can you put us down for both parts? I need to speak to my DB but can come back to you in a few hours - 1pmish my time?

Thanks so much
I'll save two spots, let me know when you take to DB.

So that leaves two spots left, any takers?
WVURunner is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #3297
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I'll save two spots, let me know when you take to DB.

So that leaves two spots left, any takers?
Yes, we are definitely interested! I am cruising with my friend Vicki. Thanks! This is without the dolphin safari.

**I am also speaking on behalf of my roommate, who doesn't know yet that she is interested in this! I'll let you know for sure today.

Last edited by NancyIL; 01-31-2013 at 06:59 AM.
NancyIL is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #3298
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!
 
padalyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: too far from the house of mouse
Posts: 2,168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Can I ask a big favour of someone please if nobody would mind? It's OT so sorry about that

Would anybody mind ordering the free Disneyland planning DVD, ripping it to their PC and sending me the file? Disney don't send us the disc here in the UK

Also if somebody was to send me the disc it wouldn't play in our DVD players because we are a different region to the US.

Hope that's not too cheeky thanks very much Sorry to take up thread space on something that's not EBTA related x
PM sent - but here is a link to the YouTube upload of the DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6Y9asNW6w

maybe you can download the file!
Cayla
__________________
2014
honeymoon parts completed... 1:WDW & Fantasy cruise...2:WDW for 9 days...3:Dream cruise...4:WDW for Memorial day...5:WDW for 7/4 (MK was a zoo!!!)
9/12/14:.....K2K (DLR - 5 days, DCL, WDW) 14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2015
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #3299
WVURunner
DIS Veteran
 
WVURunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Yes, we are definitely interested! I am cruising with my friend Vicki. Thanks! This is without the dolphin safari.

**I am also speaking on behalf of my roommate, who doesn't know yet that she is interested in this! I'll let you know for sure today.
Got you written down, just let me know when you speak to your friend.
WVURunner is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #3300
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Thanks very much - will fill that out when I am on my laptop later - hope that's OK?

Thanks for thinking of me and organising it
That's fine, just didn't want you to miss seeing the original post

And you're welcome!
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: