Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #2116
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
My DH's ringtone is "Please stand clear of the door, por favor, manténguen se alejado de las puertas. His phone RINGS ALL THE TIME so we get to hear our Disney saying all the time
LOL That's awesome. I haven't been to DW in over 15 years but I can still hear that saying in my head and I'll randomly say it out loud when a door is closing somewhere near me.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #2117
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi friends! I'm still in the World, though staying across Crescent Lake at Boardwalk. But I wanted to pop in and share that my fiance and I booked our honeymoon trip for October using the bounce back offer. We're going to be at Yacht Club, Club Level from October 20-25 (and then we head for Aruba!)

I'm glad to be back on the be our guest list and get to spend the year planning with you all!
great news, congrats.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #2118
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I would just like to say that I think Nate is doing ok but Dee is fabulous!

I have another assignment for those that are at/going soon to the BC/BCV/YC.

This is important research!

If some one would go to Hurricane Hannah's and ask about (or better yet ORDER ) a SUNKIN TREASURE!!

This is a signature drink that used to be at HH's but then they stopped making it....... but then they would make it upon request. I'm wondering if they can still make it or if they no longer have the ingredients on hand to whip up this concoction.

These are the things that keep Ninja Mom up at night!

Any takers? ( and ALM, no hurry if you already were there, some one else will make another trip. ENJOY your vacation!! )

~NM
Going to Epcot tomorrow, so if I make it over to BC I will be sure to ask, can't have you loosing sleep
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #2119
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Im in HEAVEN...

ok so i did not get those magic bands, we have annual passes and just got room keys. Getting into the parks and the parking lots were no problems as you just wave your room key on the Mickey and thats what opens everything.
On EMH at animal kingdom, they had guests using room keys - we had paper annual passes and it was no problem, they had cms with handheld devices scanning paper tickets.

Loving the YC, spent a few hours at SAB yesterday before our yachtsman reservation - kids went to beaches and cream and the arcade with a kids nite out sitter and we adults had a nice steak!

Today - is the day, I am lobster roll bound!!! Hurricane Hannahs here we come! Its illuminations cruise night for Dh's birthday and resort play day - I will take pictures. I am a lobster roll fan, its all i ever order when we visit New Hampshire in July!!!

Have to run, kids want breakfast -
will be back! only sad part so far is we missed Teena!!!! All the confusion of dh's delayed flight set us back and we never made it over

ill be back with more info and pictures!
I saw Lobster Rolls on the menu at Columbia Harbour House too!

Confused, did they put your AP on your KTTW card? We are here now too, and have APs. But we couldn't use our room key for park admission, had to use our paper AP and go thru the regular entrance labeled electronic tickets.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #2120
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Sue M and her daughter stopped in to visit Teena at work at the Beach Club today:

Thanks so much for posting pics for those of us less competent we had a very nice visit with Teena.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #2121
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
Hi, will be staying at the beach club for the first time in early June and this thread has been very useful. We have a deluxe room and I'm on the fence as to what to request. Patio would b nice, but is it close to a busy foot path? Will snakes get in!?!?
I think I can help a bit with this because I'm slightly crazy and I've been doing extensive research on the Deluxe rooms!

I suggest you go to Bing Maps and search for "Disney's Beach Club Resort." Click on Bird's Eye view and zoom in as far as you can go on the BC side.

Okay, see the quiet pool on the right side? See the hot tub to the left of it? That corner of the building there right behind the trees are where rooms 1557/2557/3557/4557 are. If you go to the Disney website and do a search for rooms, they use 1557 as the Deluxe room example, so you can see exactly what the view from the patio will be.

Rooms 2557 and 4557 have large balconies, but 4557 is is missing a window along the wall that faces out towards the water. Room 3557 has two standing balconies, one facing the pool and one facing Crescent Lake.

Okay so the other two rooms are near the courtyard at the main entrance. If you go to post #1198 in this thread (it's on page 80 for me) pixarmom posted a photo from a room she stayed in. Well straight across from that room (look at the photo marked "night view") are rooms 3691 and 4691 above Cape May Cafe. 3691 has the full balcony, 4691 has the standing balcony, and each one also has a standing balcony facing Crescent Lake. These rooms will be closer to the center of the resort, Stormalong Bay, and I believe the Club Lounge as well. (I've never been to the resort so I'm unclear on exactly where the lounge is.) However the other set of rooms will be closer to Epcot and obviously the quiet pool.

Hope this helps a bit! I've been going over the rooms like crazy trying to decide where I would prefer to be so I can request something, but I can't make up my mind. Both locations are great!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #2122
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Nighttime entertainment on the Boardwalk

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. Is there entertainment on the Boardwalk every night or just certain nights? One of the draws for BC for us was I keep hearing how great the Boardwalk is at night. Then I was reading something about the entertainment on another website and it said that it only goes on Thursday through Saturday? Is that true?

If so I'm going to be bummed as we are at POR for Sat. and Sun. Which would only leave our very last night of our trip to experience it. Someone tell me it isn't so!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #2123
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
SAB sounds perfect today... maybe you can convince your 12 yo to get the bright green bands...

~Nannette
She got different colours all over her teeth. Some bright green!!! Unfortunately she is in brutal pain tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am so sorry to hear about the braces! Just got past that with my teen.

Feckless- is it ok if I link your trip report on the front page? People have been asking for TRs specific to Yacht & Beach, but I don't want to include any without permission.

I'll check back in with everyone later this afternoon. Headed out for lunch to celebrate my dad's 80th BD.
Happy birthday to your dad!

Indeed you can link in my TR! So excited that you asked me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
My husband is just like yours. He was quite happy to find a comfy, shady place at Storm Along Bay and read his book while he enjoyed a beer. There are definitely a couple of places like that at the pool. I never thought I'd see the day when my Husband said he enjoyed hanging at the pool! Later on in our trip he even ventured into the hot tub after a night in the parks.

Yep. Storm Along Bay is "Non pool loving husband friendly".

~NM
My DH also spent loads of relaxation time at SAB when we were there - DD and I were hardcore in the parks, and DH and DS were less into it, so they stayed much longer at SAB. We all spent one whole afternoon there together as well. The servers were lovely and when they came around we got amazing service from them. However, maybe this says more about the speed of our drinking than the speed of the servers but we ended up going up to HH more than we got served. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
As if in response to this thread, the description of Hurricane Hanna's on the disney world website actually says to try a Sunken Treasure. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...e-hanna-grill/

(in case you can't tell I'm working on planning my trip here)
How awesome that we kept the drink alive (I'm willing to say that we did it by keeping requesting it. Forget accuracy. LOL) and now there isn't a question that we can order it!!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #2124
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. Is there entertainment on the Boardwalk every night or just certain nights? One of the draws for BC for us was I keep hearing how great the Boardwalk is at night. Then I was reading something about the entertainment on another website and it said that it only goes on Thursday through Saturday? Is that true?

If so I'm going to be bummed as we are at POR for Sat. and Sun. Which would only leave our very last night of our trip to experience it. Someone tell me it isn't so!
I don't know about the Boardwalk entertainment schedule. I'm sure if you ask our cousins on the Boardwalk thread they will know...

BUT!

Don't be sad, You get Yee Ha Bob on Saturday!

* Yee Ha Bob's schedule: Wednesday to Saturdays 8(30??)-midnight @ the River Roost Lounge. Get there at 8 to get a table.

(you know who I'm talking about... right??)

~NM
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #2125
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Just found this about the Bob-ster

http://www.yehaabob.com/

Hope that helps!

~NM
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #2126
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Then I was reading something about the entertainment on another website and it said that it only goes on Thursday through Saturday? Is that true?
Yup. From the Boardwalk Thread.

BOARDWALK BUSKERS are an assortment of live entertainers who perform from 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Thursday-Saturdays outdoors on the BoardWalk. Observe sword swallowers, jugglers, magicians and strolling musicians.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 AM   #2127
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
.....it was....imo very well done. Remember, I have lobster rolls in the lake regions of New Hampshire every summer so I am quite picky but - this did not disappoint. Shrimp was plentiful, lobster as well, not imitation, not too much mayo, just enough.

In fact, it was so good, tomorrow is round 2 - yes, this is one I am going back for to see if 2nd time around is as good as first so I can give you all a proper review.

Photos coming I promise - no time tonight, its already wednesday and we had a great time on the illuminations cruise but didn't have a chance to have dh's birthday cake so we are heading to the lounge to celebrate and share the cake with our new cm friends!
Thanks for the review!! Maybe Ill try it today as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #2128
natebenma
DIS Veteran

@ Ninjamom-

Can you direct me to the review you wrote about CL. With your permission, I would like to link it to the Club Level Info post on page 1. What page?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #2129
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
I haven't posted in some time, but I've been lurking, dreaming of our next trip. Which thanks to Superstorm Sandy will now be in May 2014. However, I just wanted to add my two cents and give Dee a big THANK YOU for the wonderful job she does keeping this thread going. We stayed BCV last May and because of you (and everyone else who answered my many, many questions), we had an awesome time!!!!!
Good to see you again! Sorry to hear about your troubles from that awful storm. I hope you are starting to get things together.

I have "penciled" you in for your 2014 trip, so hopefully that will make it so! Yes, we are already listing vactions for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
Hello all! My family will be staying in a BCV studio from 5/22-5/27. This will be our first time at Beach Club!

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary (5/23/03 at the Poly!).

Looking forward to lots of reading up on this resort!

And I will also confirm... The Oreo Bon bons are amazing!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
We just booked an Aug 3 - Aug 10 BC trip through Mag Vaca

Big fan of WL but this place looks and sounds good. Epcot is a big draw for us.

How long is the walk to Swan and Dolphin?

Can't wait. Now, gotta crunch some pennies out of the budget to make it work without going into debt.

I'll add you to the guest list.

Others have posted that it is a 5-10 minute walk to the Swalphin, depending on where you are starting from and how fast you walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi friends! I'm still in the World, though staying across Crescent Lake at Boardwalk. But I wanted to pop in and share that my fiance and I booked our honeymoon trip for October using the bounce back offer. We're going to be at Yacht Club, Club Level from October 20-25 (and then we head for Aruba!)

I'm glad to be back on the be our guest list and get to spend the year planning with you all!
back!

I ran out bananas last night, so you get a

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
Hi everyone,

I am choosing between YC & BC. Want to ask if they still have camp fire every night? I heard that in FT the camp fire has Chip & Dale. What about YC & BC? Also where is it located?
Can't remember if I have welcomed you here yet, so just in case:

Let us know when your plans are finalized

Last edited by natebenma; 01-31-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #2130
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I saw Lobster Rolls on the menu at Columbia Harbour House too!

Confused, did they put your AP on your KTTW card? We are here now too, and have APs. But we couldn't use our room key for park admission, had to use our paper AP and go thru the regular entrance labeled electronic tickets.
You are right, that is what we have too. We are not using our room key for admission, just our paper APs. The one morning we did extra morning hours at AK they only had the RMID turnstiles out and had people touching their room keys, since we had paper tickets we were instructed to walk past them and a CM swiped our paper tickets with a hand held device.

[/url]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: