Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #196
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
What is the best item at brunch?
Hmm. My husband and I have different tastes. His would be the eggs benedict (or florentine? I forget what he gets). I am partial to the grape and gorgonzola pizza that (I think) they do for brunch, but they stopped pizzas at dinner? Something we both eat and love is the sweet bread (name escapes me at the moment) with fresh whipped cream, and berries. So good.

I am also a fish eater, so I generally get whatever fish they have and love it. My husband more of a chicken/beef person.

Even if you just got pancakes though, way better than the main dining rooms!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #197
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Hmm. My husband and I have different tastes. His would be the eggs benedict (or florentine? I forget what he gets). I am partial to the grape and gorgonzola pizza that (I think) they do for brunch, but they stopped pizzas at dinner? Something we both eat and love is the sweet bread (name escapes me at the moment) with fresh whipped cream, and berries. So good.

I am also a fish eater, so I generally get whatever fish they have and love it. My husband more of a chicken/beef person.

Even if you just got pancakes though, way better than the main dining rooms!
I know for sure I am trying that pizza. Everyone raves about it. I am a huge seafood person so that is good. I cannot wait to try it!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #198
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to Palo Brunch!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #199
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the dining menus are for 7 night cruise. I know we have pirate night menu on day 6 and the set menu three nights for dining rooms. What are the other three days menu ? I am trying to figure out when I might want to go to Palo for Dinner.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #200
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHelen View Post
Does anyone know what the dining menus are for 7 night cruise. I know we have pirate night menu on day 6 and the set menu three nights for dining rooms. What are the other three days menu ? I am trying to figure out when I might want to go to Palo for Dinner.
Will the menus in the Med change because of a different itinerary or will everything be the same in 2013?

I didn't think the menus changed that much. Especially when you read the trip reports.

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #201
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Rome in Limo

They are having a "special" through 1/31 that will allow you to pay by credit card in advance. Handy because you do not need to carry large sums of Euros or worry about ATM's. However, we had hoped someone would join our tour sharing reservation when it got closer to sail date. That is now out. A party of 8 is cheaper than a party of 5 per person. We are looking for 3 to join us. we will be 4 adults & 1 teen.

We are doing Rome Highlights with a personal guide in the Vatican & Colisiuem. The tour info can be found here: http://www.romeinlimo.com/rome-civit...highlights.htm

In Naples we are doing Pompeii, Sorento & Positano with a personal guide in Pompeii. The tour info can be found here: http://www.romeinlimo.com/naples/pom...o-positano.htm

Each tour would be 550 euros. This equals $92.50 per person. The tour guide would be an additional $25 per person.

I am going to book Tuesday night. If you are interested in joining our group on one or both of these tours, send me a message.

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #202
Maleficent73
Earning My Ears

Hello all! DH and I will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third DCL cruise, but our first time to the Med. We are leaving the kiddos at home with my parents, so it will be just the two of us. Almost decided to cancel because the local school district voted to extend the school year by 4 days and we couldn't miss our 8th grader's promotion ceremony on 6 June. Instead of canceling, we moved our pre cruise stay in Barcelona to a post cruise stay, and will now be flying in the day of our cruise. VERY nervous about it - had a horrible experience getting to our wedding cruise last summer- bumped from the flight and arrived almost 12 hours later than scheduled. Only made the ship because we were flying into MCO a day early. For this trip we went with DCL air and have travel insurance, so I'm praying it will all work out. Is anyone else flying in the day of? We plan to do most of the ports on our own, except La Spezia - getting DCL transportation to Florence for that one. Bought Rick Steve's Med port book, which is very helpful. Planning on traveling with only carry on luggage, so no FE for us.

2011 MR on the Wonder, 2012 Fantasy Wedding at Castaway Cay, 2013 Magical Med

Maleficent73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #203
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent73 View Post
Hello all! DH and I will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third DCL cruise, but our first time to the Med. We are leaving the kiddos at home with my parents, so it will be just the two of us. Almost decided to cancel because the local school district voted to extend the school year by 4 days and we couldn't miss our 8th grader's promotion ceremony on 6 June. Instead of canceling, we moved our pre cruise stay in Barcelona to a post cruise stay, and will now be flying in the day of our cruise. VERY nervous about it - had a horrible experience getting to our wedding cruise last summer- bumped from the flight and arrived almost 12 hours later than scheduled. Only made the ship because we were flying into MCO a day early. For this trip we went with DCL air and have travel insurance, so I'm praying it will all work out. Is anyone else flying in the day of? We plan to do most of the ports on our own, except La Spezia - getting DCL transportation to Florence for that one. Bought Rick Steve's Med port book, which is very helpful. Planning on traveling with only carry on luggage, so no FE for us.
Welcome to the cruise. I will think positive thoughts for a successful flight to Barcelona .
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #204
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent73 View Post
glad you could join us! We have a Facebook page if you are interested

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #205
Maleficent73
Earning My Ears

Just requested to join FB page, thanks!

2011 MR on the Wonder, 2012 Fantasy Wedding at Castaway Cay, 2013 Magical Med

Maleficent73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #206
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

Welcome!! This is going to be awesome!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #207
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

I have started a FE exchange on our FB page. If anyone on DIS isn't on FB with us and would like to join in on the FE please just PM me: DIS name, room number, how many adults/kids with their ages and genders, special celebrations and any allergies or special info we should know. Thanks!

My gift will be light and wont take up too much space...FYI
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #208
Jenniferdr
Earning My Ears

New here!!

Hello all. We will be joining you on the Med cruise!! Can't wait. It will be me (34), DH (37), DD (10), DS(7), parents And brother. Can someone please add me to the Facebook page? Looking to do the FE as well. Thanks, Jennifer
Jenniferdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #209
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferdr View Post
Hello all. We will be joining you on the Med cruise!! Can't wait. It will be me (34), DH (37), DD (10), DS(7), parents And brother. Can someone please add me to the Facebook page? Looking to do the FE as well. Thanks, Jennifer
Welcome to the cruise, Jennifer. It's great to have you with us.

I have added you to the FB group.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #210
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Mega excited

Booked our Palo brunch, Palo dinner, spa reservations and port adventures this morning

Can't wait now

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: