Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
Having been to Cozumel with various cruise lines I say stay on the ship and enjoy the no crowds. The taxi'sare dangerous,as they are known to drive 60 in my opinion it just is not worth it.....

I don't understand taking a cruise, and then not checking out the ports.

I've been to Cozumel at least 7-8 times, and haven't had any problem with the taxi's at all. I understand that some drivers probably ARE worse than others, and you must have had a bad experience, anyone who travels a lot is going to have some bad drivers. But we've had good luck for the most part in the ports. Some of the worst taxi's I've been in were here in the U.S.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy View Post
I am so confused as to which one to pick??? It'll be four adults, a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. I don't know that the kids would use the inflatables but we would love the beach and pool! We will drink and eat I'm sure!!! Which would you choose and why?
We did Nachi Cocum in June this past year aboard the Fantasy and we fell in love with it. I have a 11, 10 and 7 year old. They had the pool to themselves and loved the swim up bar. The food is not all you can eat but they bring you plenty of chips and salsa (which was amazing). My kids loved it. They do have a water trampoline and I think we paid $3.00 pp to use it. My kids want to go back to Cozumel just to do this beach break.

We found a minivan taxi and our driver was really slow - in fact so slow my kids fell asleep on the ride their and back but it was worth it because they got a mini nap.
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
A friend of mine just got back from Cozumel, and they went to Mr. Sancho's for the first time, normally they go to Nachi......she was REALLY disappointed with Mr. Sancho's. She said it didn't even compare to Nachi.

I wonder if it's gone downhill recently?

Doesn't sound like it from the reviews on TripAdvisor. I don't doubt your friend's experience, but the vast majority of the trip reports seem to be positive. And the General Manager, Oliver, still responds to every TripAdvisor review, good or bad. I spoke to him in June 2012 and they have put a lot of money and energy into developing Mr. Sancho's into what it is today....I doubt they would let it fall apart.

Now I've never been to Nachi, so I can't compare the two.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
jacobsmommy
DIS Veteran

I originally wanted Mr. Sanchos, but got worried about crowds. I looked it up and the only other ship docked with us is one Carnival ship. Will we be ok at Mr. Sanchos without it being super crowded?

[/url]
Cast of our trip: Me DH our 10 year old boy our 6 year old girl
jacobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

I can't speak for the side of the property where it's pay-as-you-go, but on the all-inclusive side of Mr. Sancho's in June 2012, it was not overly crowded; in fact I didn't find it crowded at all. And that was with at least 4 ships in port.

Keep in mind that the locals and people that fly down for their vacation mostly avoid the beach clubs on days when there are cruise ships in port. And many cruisers do not put in the research that you're doing...a lot them show up and say, "okay...where's the beach?" They don't even know about Nachi and Mr. Sancho's and the like.

I recommend you read the reviews on Cruise Critic or Trip Advisor or some other reputable travel site. You're picking between two very nice beach clubs; there's not really a wrong choice.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

I Just booked our group of 9 to Nachi for our upcoming cruise in March we are very excited as the reviews and pictures on Trip Advisor are all so wonderful

Can't wait as this is our first tinme in Cozumel and had orginally planned to go to Paradise Beach so im glad I read some more and now are booked for a nice relaxing day!

Thanks for your comments and reviews helped alot!

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy View Post
I originally wanted Mr. Sanchos, but got worried about crowds. I looked it up and the only other ship docked with us is one Carnival ship. Will we be ok at Mr. Sanchos without it being super crowded?
Where do you look up how many ships will be in port?

jm106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

i use this website

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #24
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy
I don't think it'll be that crowded. Like someone mentioned about you can't go wrong with which ever you choose. Both come highly recommended on the travel sites.

Just think it'll give you an excuse to come back and try the other one.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

How do we get a taxi back to the port? Do we ask the people working to call one?

TIA!

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #26
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
Having been to Cozumel with various cruise lines I say stay on the ship and enjoy the no crowds. The taxi'sare dangerous,as they are known to drive 60 in my opinion it just is not worth it.....
I'm sorry you feel that way. We were just in Cozumel for a two week stay. We took taxi's several times. We even hired a taxi for a day.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98
How do we get a taxi back to the port? Do we ask the people working to call one?

TIA!
Yes they will call you one. It's good to let them know 30 to 45 mins before you are ready to leave.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #28
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Nachi Cocom last Thursday

Hi--we were at Nachi Cocom last Thursday on our Magic cruise. It was fantastic! It was actually really, really quiet. I had 2 kids there and for a while they were the only 2 kids on the beach. We didn't bring any sand toys, but the resort brought us some to play with. We had a few Mr. Sanchos desserters walk down the beach and pay to get into Nachi because they said it was too crowded over there. If you or your kids like music and a lot of action, Nachi is not the place. I think it just depends on what type of atmosphere you prefer at the beach. You can see some shots of Nachi in our video:

http://youtu.be/VIT1DdwRlEc
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: