Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #1501
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

I miss this thread too! At the risk of sounding overly dramatic... I feel kinda homeless.

I knew there was no way I would be signing up for the DL 1/2, but I kinda wanted to get in for the 10k. By the time I had made up my mind it was sold out. Definitely in for the Tink next year again, though. I had soooo much fun, and I am making it my goal to increase my speed and shave 30 minutes off my time!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #1502
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Awwweee.... Yeah, gotta have the next one set up! At least we know when Tink will be! Can't wait to return.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1503
LuvSulley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I'm doing DDD. You gotta come over to the DL thread here w/ me, it's so quiet! It was going good last week when people were registering, but since Thurs or so nothing!

I thought you were doing DL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
I miss this thread too! At the risk of sounding overly dramatic... I feel kinda homeless.

I knew there was no way I would be signing up for the DL 1/2, but I kinda wanted to get in for the 10k. By the time I had made up my mind it was sold out. Definitely in for the Tink next year again, though. I had soooo much fun, and I am making it my goal to increase my speed and shave 30 minutes off my time!
Are either of you on Facebook? There's a group for NorCal/Bay Area runners that my friend started. The group name is Got the Runs or if I can add you, just PM me

I am feeling very motivated after Tinkerbell. I didn't break any records but I finished which was my goal. I'm feeling more confident and better about myself so I have been good about training again. I'm registered for DDD and I'm planning to register for a bunch of local 10ks in between now and then.
LuvSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #1504
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSulley View Post
Are either of you on Facebook? There's a group for NorCal/Bay Area runners that my friend started. The group name is Got the Runs or if I can add you, just PM me

I am feeling very motivated after Tinkerbell. I didn't break any records but I finished which was my goal. I'm feeling more confident and better about myself so I have been good about training again. I'm registered for DDD and I'm planning to register for a bunch of local 10ks in between now and then.
Love the name. I"ll have to check it out. I'm on facebook, but I'm not. I just use it for race pages mostly, like Run Disney or the Nike race, which is only facebook and not website.

Not sure where you are in NorCal, but the Color Run is the 1st weekend in March at Candlestick. Did it last year and it was SOOOO much fun.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #1505
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Girlies...... if you didn't notice, I changed the title. (Thanks again Sherry!) I also updated the 1st couple of posts for next year. Now we can keep it going until next January!!

So who's in again for next year!?!

I was thinking of maybe splurging next year and staying at PP that way I'm really close, even though the walk from Harbor isn't bad. Although I heard you were able to walk back to Stovall's after the race this year vs. last year. We'll have to see what the prices look like.

And way off topic, but can I just rant about prices in NY. It's complete sticker shock from prices at DL and WDW. I was checking out hotels for marathon weekend just in case and even the HoJos is $250 a night.I found a nice one yesterday and when I went back on the site today, it went up $90 to $315. It's like they figure out it's marathon weekend and they double their prices. Thank god Disney doesn't do that.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #1506
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

I'm in for Tink for next year! I'm also thinking of possibly doing PPH. I'll have to see how funds play out! It would definitely be cheaper if I left the fam at home next year but DD6 might not forgive me!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #1507
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Kim- sucks about the NY hotel prices! Reminds me of SF for Nike! Crazy!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #1508
AZlady
DIS Veteran

And way off topic, but can I just rant about prices in NY. It's complete sticker shock from prices at DL and WDW. I was checking out hotels for marathon weekend just in case and even the HoJos is $250 a night.I found a nice one yesterday and when I went back on the site today, it went up $90 to $315. It's like they figure out it's marathon weekend and they double their prices. Thank god Disney doesn't do that.[/QUOTE]

Funny- I am also planning a trip to NYC and just shocked at the crazy prices !!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #1509
sunflare
Mouseketeer

I'm in for 2014 and hoping to get friends to do it too :-)
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #1510
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm in for Tink! At least that is my heartfelt wish abd plan! And I'll also stay at PPH or DLH next year. Loved PPH for being so perfectly located for the race. Couldn't have been easier- especially post race. I'll need to share a room- cant afford it solo so hope my friend goes again or I'll have to drum up a roomie!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #1511
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

I'm torn about this race, honestly I am. I love the Tink race, I love the history I have with it now. On the other hand though I am planning to gear up for Goofy in 2015 hopefully (for the 10th anniversary). And I need to get a full under my belt again (in good time) before considering Goofy preferably at least a year out of Goofy. So consider me on the fence right now.

I think I am going to have to wait and see how the rest of this year plays out, because I would love to run Tink again. I just hate that they are keeping the races within a week of each other. I can't do the week turn around.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #1512
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to be in for next year too and right now I plan to be but I'm a single mom with a daughter with some serious medical issues so I really don't know what next year will bring....right now I'm planning on being there though!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #1513
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

So. I'm currently 100lbs overweight but just had thyroid surgery and am getting my levels under control & just joined a gym to help take off as many of the extra lbs the thyroid so kindly left me with. I don't think in any way, shape or form I will be ready for a 1/2, BUT my bucket list includes doing a 5K so I think I am going to sign up for the Neverland 5K (and kids run) and do my best to get out there next year! Knowing I have almost a year will motivate me to do my best with both weight and running!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #1514
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I'm in! Shooting for Legacy gosh darnit so of course I can't miss it. I seriously need to put the money away for it now so lack of funds don't make me miss out on registration.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #1515
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
I'm torn about this race, honestly I am. I love the Tink race, I love the history I have with it now. On the other hand though I am planning to gear up for Goofy in 2015 hopefully (for the 10th anniversary). And I need to get a full under my belt again (in good time) before considering Goofy preferably at least a year out of Goofy. So consider me on the fence right now.

I think I am going to have to wait and see how the rest of this year plays out, because I would love to run Tink again. I just hate that they are keeping the races within a week of each other. I can't do the week turn around.
I have this concern as well. My goal is to be in such kick booty shape by 2015 that I can do both back to back and it be fine.

I think I'll be able to do the races, but my issue will be having some restraint between the 2 races! I mean--- I'll be at DISNEY Either one means I am hitting the parks hard core. I just can't help myself- commando at it's finest! So that's the rub for me. I'll have to go do goofy, then visit a beach for a couple days rather than stay on site too long. I'd be itching to do too much when my legs will need the rest!

And I'd already write off Tink as the fun run- I mean, after 39+ miles can one really expect to PR?!

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: