Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kittylady1972! Safe travels to you and maybe we'll cross paths this weekend.

So, I am all done with cleaning. I am about to run the dogs to the kennel and stop at CVS. I just checked the weather and it seems like flurries will begin around noon tomorrow and progress throughout the afternoon. I hope the girls get to school and finish their tests and I hope our flight isn't delayed. I looked at the delays at BWI today and the same flight is not delayed toady while there are several other flights that are. So, I hope that is an indicator of our flight for tomorrow. It's been like walking a tightrope to get this trip off without a hitch...we won't book a family trip in January ever again. I do want to comment on one of my DDs' teachers...since I mentioned the uncooperative ones previously. If I can complain, I should also give shout outs as well. One of my DDs' Geometry teacher offered to stay after today to make sure both my DDs complete their Geometry midterms just in case school is cancelled tomorrow. DD tells me that this teacher had been home with her sick toddler this week (who had pneumonia) while her DH was out of town, yet this teacher has still offered to stay after today (her 1st day back since being home with her sick DD). How nice of her to do that...above and beyond. We will have to find some cute souvies for her bambinos while at WDW.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-24-2013 at 01:27 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Heading off to bed. All ready for our trip. Will send the girls off to school to finish their LA test (thank goodness they have LA 1st period), unless I wake to another 6 am automated call and discover a new blanket of snow outside. I don't really have anything to do from 8 am until 11:30 am...just shower and load up the car. Will pick the girls up at 11:30 and head to the airport shortly after. We will just get there early (unless I discover a flight delay) to beat the snow if possible and to have lunch there...plus we have to park and all that, so we don't know how time consuming that will be. Last I heard we'd be getting the beginnings of snow around noon. The longer it can hold off the better.

If anyone reads this between now and 11 am tomorrow...does the BCV have hair dryers in the bathrooms? I think all the DVC villas do, but I can't remember for certain. TIA!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #18
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Ok...here we go! Girls are at school. Luggage is by the door. Just looked at weather.com and it seems the snow may hold off until 3 pm...and we will hopefully be in the air then (or just taking off). Next time I come back my PTR will be a TR. I doubt I will post during the trip. So, see you real soon...on the 30th.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day- So we got to the airport on Friday without issue...left the house around 12:15. We parked in the daily lot for $12/day...they had cheaper lots but they were farther away from the terminal and for just a couple bucks/day savings it wasn't a big deal to us. We got inside and checked our luggage and then headed through security which took us quite some time. The big board said that our flight was delayed by 15 minutes. We went to grab a bite to eat. I got a beer to calm my nerves (I hate to fly). We ate and then slowly meandered towards our gate when my DD noticed that the big board said we were boarding now...we rushed over just in time to get in line and get on but we were some of the last folks to board so we had the last rows on the plane...but we got to sit together. It was about 2:15 and our flight was supposed to take off at 2:55. We took off just as it began to snow. It was a bit turbulent and so cloudy we could not see anything. But that was only for a short bit and then it cleared up and we landed in sunny Orlando at 4:50ish. It took us a while to get off the plane since we were in the back and then we made our way to the DME. We got on the DME to BCV (and other resorts) and sat there for a good 20 minutes or so. We were anxious to get to the BCV and check in so we could make our ADR at Cape May at 7:10...we wanted to actually try to get in early so that we could get over to Epcot by 9:00 to pick up our PAPs and go in for EMH until 11pm. It was slow going and we didn't check in until 6:20. That took some time as well...we had a linked resie (used 2 DVC member #s to book) and the girl at the desk didn't know we were linked and thought we would be checking out the next day (we had to get new keys to the world the next day plus the cleaning lady also didn't seem to understand that we weren't leaving that next morning). And they gave my DH a key card with the name Christine instead of Kevin . By the time we checked into Cape May it was about 6:55 and we sat and waited for 20 minutes until we were seated...there were tons of folks waiting to be seated and it seemed like many folks were doing walk ins. We had dinner...it wasn't as good as I remembered it but my DS and one DD LOVED it. DH and I thought it was meh and other DD didn't really like it at all. We all did LOVE the tiny desserts though. We then scooted on over to Epcot for the night and got there just before 9pm. It was more crowded than we expected...more than the last time we were here in January. It was a Friday night though and it did thin out with EMH and we got to do Soarin' and Test Track and DH and the DDs did Mission Space (I have never done it...I get motion sick). We called it a night around 10-10:30 and loved the short walk back to BCV.

I have pics to add...mostly on my phone. I will do that when I get home. I will say that DH and I are really feeling our age with this trip (we turn 40 this summer). We are commando style Disney people...even though we've been many times. But this trip is the 1st time we are having a hard time keeping that pace...we actually have to nap/rest mid day...we used to make fun of BIL and SIL for that...it's a big ah ha moment for us. We are hurtin'. This morning we had to hit the hot tub for a good soak and we are doing our mid day rest right now...also took some advil. We have ADR for Garden Grill at 5:30 so will head over to Epcot sometime shortly before then. Then HS has EMH tonight...we hope to hop on over after dinner...we only need a few hours there as it's not our fave park. We did AK the second day and Epcot that night (for dinner and whatnot)...we did Epcot for lunch yesterday and then MK last night for EMH (that will be a long post coming up as it was a LONG day...hence hitting the hot tub this morning to ease our achy muscles).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-01-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #20
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Day 2- We got up early...much to the dismay of our teens. We wanted to head to AK early and do the Yeti roller coaster before it got too crowded. We also had a lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti (this will be the 3rd trip in a row that we've done this...Y&Y has become a MUST DO for me). We walked down to the bus stop at BCV and it came shortly after we got there. We are in villa 302 (right in the spot I requested...it is a VERY quiet location at end of hallway and convenient to get to bus stop and quiet pool- just go out villa door and take stairs, next to villa, down and to the outside). We also figured out how to best get to Epcot w/out going through the BC main lobby. So, we got to AK about 9:15 am or so and headed right to the roller coaster and rode it twice by practically just walking on. Then we did the safari (tons of animals were out and about), dinosaur and primevil whirl (which I sat out). We went to Y&Y and asked if we could eat an hour early and this time we were accommodated. I will say this time I wasn't as impressed with our meal and so it's now off the MUST DO list...I have a new one to replace it with though (from today's lunch...see day 4 below). We rode the roller coaster a couple more times and headed back to BCV for nap/rest/gym/pool time.

TBC.........

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-01-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are having a good time. Thanks for sharing. Beach Club Villas are our favorite.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Sounds like you are having a good time. Thanks for sharing. Beach Club Villas are our favorite.
We are having fun. BCV are our fave now too...prior to this trip BWV were our fave (and we'd stay at either really). Thanks for reading.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Cont'- So we got back to the resort and the fellas went to the gym while the girls and I went to SAB. It has been sunny and it does get pretty warm late in the afternoon (75-78) but the pool water was a tad chilly for me and you really have to be in the sun to be hot. My girls weren't too into the pool either...one really wanted to do the lazy river so I rented her a tube for 1 hour but then she informed me she didn't want to go in alone, she wanted her sister or brother to go in. She sat there grumpy and the other DD just wanted to go back to the room so she was grumpy and I just wanted to get in the hot tub...so I left them sitting there and got in a hot tub all to myself...ahhhhhhh. By the time I got out, DS was done with the gym and sitting with my DDs. He went in the pool with DD and I and other grumpy DD went back to the room. We rested and showered up and headed over to Epcot for a late dinner at Chefs De France. We meandered the World Showcase and rode some rides again. We had to go check out the controversial Habit Heroes. It is sponsored by Anthem and DH works for Anthem so he wanted to see what it was about...the kids and I could have killed him...it was so stupid and a waste of our time. We had dinner at CdF and it was our first time there. It was good but expensive as the kids all did the prix fix meal and they didn't finish any course (except dessert)...maybe we'll leave CdF for a DH and I sans kids dinner next time. We could see the fireworks while we were finishing up and then we headed back to BCV. We hit the hay. We were beginning to wear down and DH's shoes were giving him blisters.

Day 3- We slept in until 9am. DS wanted to eat lunch at Tangierine Cafe and one DD was dying to hit the Norway sandwich/bakery counter. So the night before we all made the plan to get up and head over to Epcot for an early (11am-ish) lunch. We had 5:50 ADRs for Kouzzina but we were wanting to go to MK for the EMH (until midnight) and we wanted to do a hefty chunk over there as it may be our only trek over from BCV. So, I changed (on day 2) our ADRs to Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:10 (we wanted a 5:00-6:00 somewhere at MK and all that was available when I called the day before was a couple 4-ish resies or 8:45ish resies...the kids were all begging for LTT so we took a 4:10 there). Since we changed our dinner to an early one we knew we'd need to eat an early lunch. So, 4 of us were up at 9 and got ready and headed over to Epcot around 10ish (DS was not far behind us)...we did the Living Seas and headed over to World Showcase for lunch at 11. The girls and I hit Norway while DS hit the Tangierine Cafe and DH hit Germany. We went back shortly after to rest/nap...no gym this day for the guys as DH was really sore at this point. We rested and showered up for a night at MK. We went out to the bus just as a MK one was pulling in. It took about 30 minutes to get over there. We went in and headed over to LTT...it was about 3:50 and we checked in. Tons of other folks began to check in and we sat and waited while they called all the 4:00 resies back and then began the 4:10...it was a little after when we were seated. The food was really good...my family really loves the Thanksgiving style food. But our server was really really slow. We were there for about an hour and a half. While DH and I were waiting to pay...the kids ran out and fast passed Big Thunder.

To be continued...........

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Love your TR so far. This weather is just fantastic....hate to leave tomorrow. At least we missed the ice/sleet event. Can't wait to read more later!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Reading. Smirked about the linked and then housekeeping. But very happy you're having a wonderful time and got there with no issue. BCV is so beautiful and relaxing. Fabulous weather. Nice.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Reading. Smirked about the linked and then housekeeping. But very happy you're having a wonderful time and got there with no issue. BCV is so beautiful and relaxing. Fabulous weather. Nice.
I thought of your TR when I was checking in. They did slide our new keys under our door early the second day...but we had to take them to the desk to get our credit card activated on them. The cleaning lady placed a basket of sheets and towels outside our door and I knew she'd think we were checking out that day (which she did, but luckily didn't knock until the afternoon). What the heck good is linking a resie if it doesn't actually show as linked.... and you can't do online check in (I guess it was good that we didn't have to actually leave our room and get a new room).

Trip was all good though and there were some really nice things about BCV that I will talk about in my TR. It was a great resort. The weather was fabulous too.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Back home...got off plane around 2:30 pm. About to hit the grocery store and pick up dogs from kennel. Would love to curl up on the sofa and chill. I will leave a couple pics for now...will be back later to add some more to my TR. The trip was great though...we were sad to leave BCV and come home.
Below is right after check in and while we were waiting to eat at Cape May- my 2 DDs in chair.

Below is AK Safari- love the giraffes

Below is a sneak peak of one of my highlights of the trip.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Below are some pics of our villa 302 (I think the 1st morning there). We loved the location and the second bedroom had 2 queens and was very spacious. It was a quiet location. I didn't get a pic of the 2nd bedroom. The only complaint I have is that I didn't have access to the balcony (or even have a balcony) off of the master. With DS sleeping on the living room pull out, it would have been nice to sneak out on my balcony when I woke early (well, early to my teen kids). Or we should have had the queen and sofa (pull-out) in the second bedroom and DH and I could have had that all to ourselves while DDs shared master and DS was on living room pull-out. There's a kitchenette in the 2BRs that are lock-off, right? That's what I should have done. I should also mention that my SIL had me worried that BCV was out dated and in need of renovations (she stayed there last summer). We were quite pleased and didn't notice anything run down or in disrepair. The only thing we noticed was that the 2nd bedroom tub faucet was constantly dripping, heavily (almost pouring). I told the CM about it at check out and saw her make a note about it.
Girls having healthy breakfast (not).

Kitchen area

Master (and back of DH)

Master bath

View from our balcony

DS in his bed that he said was very comfy (but he didn't like that we woke him when we made coffee around 8-9am...how horrible ).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-31-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Love your TR so far. This weather is just fantastic....hate to leave tomorrow. At least we missed the ice/sleet event. Can't wait to read more later!
Your TR is nice too...looks like you guys had fun. It's warm back home...at least for now it is. So sad to leave too.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Nice pics. Glad to hear it was a great trip. My family likes that location at BCV too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: