Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #16
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders and latest News!

Hey all you Cruisers! I know there are a lot more of us out there!!! There are only 56 more days till we set sail so we need to get our game plan going for fish extenders. Here is the initial plan. Whoever wants to participate needs to reply to my posts with their information of how many adults male/female and how many children ages and male/female. Also if you have stateroom numbers I need that info also. I will begin compiling a list which I will post to each of you through the private message system here on the boards. You can also send me this via the same way. This is found up by your login name for those who are new to the boards. Click on private messages and you can send and view messages being sent. Now back to business. We need to get started so I can check in each week and update. The cutoff date will be March 15th. Now if you need any other information as far as what type of gifts to exchange send me a message or let's get posting cruisers. 56 days will fly by and we do not want miss the fun!
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Citygirl912
Earning My Ears

Because I am new to the message boards I cannot send private messages yet. I think I need to have 10 posts first. Is there another way to submit info for the fish extenders?
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Citygirl912
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders

Do most people already have fish extenders? If so, can I ask where you ordered yours from or did you make it? I am thinking of ordering a personalized one from Thirty One which will double as a family organizer when we return home.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
holliberryca
Earning My Ears

I am wondering if we have to plan for gifts for every night of the cruise with the fish extenders or just one night?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
DisneyDaisie6
Earning My Ears

Yea I would like more info on the details of how the fish extender deal works.
DisneyDaisie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
Citygirl912
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliberryca View Post
I am wondering if we have to plan for gifts for every night of the cruise with the fish extenders or just one night?

From what I understand it's just one time .. not every night
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #22
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl912 View Post
Do most people already have fish extenders? If so, can I ask where you ordered yours from or did you make it? I am thinking of ordering a personalized one from Thirty One which will double as a family organizer when we return home.
I made ours but yes you can purchase them google fish extenders and you should find pictures in google images. You can also find information of where to buy them online.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliberryca View Post
It is usually one night. It is like secret santa. You secretly go around the ship and put a small gift in each of the staterooms on the list. The list can be as many as 10 to 20. In this case it is looking small at this point but you never know. People usually get unique magnets from their home town or make things that are inexpensive.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #24
mikercoaster
Earning My Ears

Sorry wrong thread (date)

Last edited by mikercoaster; 02-03-2013 at 09:25 AM.
mikercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #25
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

fish extenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaisie6 View Post
Yea I would like more info on the details of how the fish extender deal works.
Fish extenders is like a secret gift exchange. People go around at different time and with the list I am compiling and sending everyone via the disboards private messages you will have the location of each person's stateroom who is participating. You hang your fish extender outside your cabin door on the fish. You can google Disney fish extenders and get an idea. Many people make gifts and some purchase hometown soveneirs. It is great fun. You meet great people. We also arrange a dismeets on board as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
nycemschic
Earning My Ears

Just Booked!!

Hey everyone... Been on DCL 6 times. We are members of the Disney vacation club. Imagine my elation when I found out there was room left on this cruise !

It will be just me and DD, 12. DH is in school and can't vacation til October - and we had to use these points or lose 'em!

We did the fish extender gifts once before. If you can swing it in your budget (and bags!) it's a great idea. We normally drive to Fla from NY but there's no driving to Texas! So we'll have to do something that will fit in the bags.

We're flying into IAH Friday night - just looking for a reasonable hotel and figuring out how to get to the cruise terminal.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED !
nycemschic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #27
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycemschic View Post
Hey everyone... Been on DCL 6 times. We are members of the Disney vacation club. Imagine my elation when I found out there was room left on this cruise !

It will be just me and DD, 12. DH is in school and can't vacation til October - and we had to use these points or lose 'em!

We did the fish extender gifts once before. If you can swing it in your budget (and bags!) it's a great idea. We normally drive to Fla from NY but there's no driving to Texas! So we'll have to do something that will fit in the bags.

We're flying into IAH Friday night - just looking for a reasonable hotel and figuring out how to get to the cruise terminal.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED !
If you have Marriott rewards you can use those. If you join the Marriott rewards program sometimes they a deal. As for transportation to the port We are using Disney because I don't want the hassle. It may be pricey but worth it because you know you get your money's worth. I take it you would be interested in FE. I am compiling the list so if you can send me the info in a private message with your stateroom number that would be great.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #28
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Anyone interested in doing a dismeets the second day?

Besides FE we have also had a DIS Meets where we pick a location on the ship to meet at a certain time of day. It is fun to meet the people we have been chatting with.... If so we can decide a time and place.....
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #29
nycemschic
Earning My Ears

More info

Just spoke to DCL. $60 round trip per person from either Hobby or IAH.
They said its like an hour drive.
The only issue is we'd be flying in on Friday night. I guess I could take a cab from the hotel to the airport on sat morning

Anyone think we can get a better deal ?
nycemschic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #30
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

transportation.

Yes. But there are shuttles from the airport to hotels. Let me know if cab fare is cheaper. I was told it wasn;t.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: