Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #571
Maxwell
DIS Veteran

Julia wouldn't be from Austria by any chance would she?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #572
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Julia wouldn't be from Austria by any chance would she?
Julia was from Germany I believe.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #573
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Julia was from Germany I believe.
You are correct, Julia is indeed from Germany.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #574
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I can tell you that 12512 is absolutely wonderful! We had that on the Dream in February, and will have 12506 in 12 days on the Fantasy.

In 12512 you are mere steps to the Concierge Lounge. I totally loved the lounge!

There were times it was windy on the veranda, so I suspect that can be the case no matter which one.

I am one who will miss the gates.
how was 12506 vs 12512?
did you like one better than the other?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #575
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I think the RARE case would be the two V's and the Cat T that are next to the Royal Suites. Actually #12000 (the T in between the RS) and the two Cat V's rarely show up on the website, probably because they tend to hold them back. I HAVE seen them online...just not often.

So call and do it.
Actually, they don't hold them back. We booked the Royal Suite and Cat V room. We wanted the connecting room but it was taken and they refused to move the person in the connecting room despite there being tons of availability of other Cat V rooms on deck 12. And, 12000 was also taken and they would not change that room either despite me being willing to pay the extra fee to go from a V to a T. I was really disappointed, especially given the amount I paid for the cruise. I think they should hold them back until both Royal Suites are booked and they have confirmed that they do not want the connecting rooms.

Dream Cruise - August 2012, Poly - June 2012, WWOHP - November 2011, Wonder Cruise - November 2010, Poly - April 2010, July 2009, AKL - October 2008, AKL - November 2007, AKL and CR - June 2007, NH and RPR - October 2006, AKL - May 2006, WL - July 2005, AKL - October 2004, AKL - August 2003. AKL - April 2002, OKW - August 2001
And many more....
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #576
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLowe View Post
Actually, they don't hold them back. We booked the Royal Suite and Cat V room. We wanted the connecting room but it was taken and they refused to move the person in the connecting room despite there being tons of availability of other Cat V rooms on deck 12. And, 12000 was also taken and they would not change that room either despite me being willing to pay the extra fee to go from a V to a T. I was really disappointed, especially given the amount I paid for the cruise. I think they should hold them back until both Royal Suites are booked and they have confirmed that they do not want the connecting rooms.
Our Travel Agent made it happen. We didn't see either the Roy Suite or the connecting room available when we looked on line. We called her. The next day, she had the Roy Suite and the connecting with no problems.

When I have called Disney directly to book I have had a knock down drag out fight with them as they just repeat whatever is on their service card. I've found the TAs are able to leverage better with them. I was honestly on the phone for 2 days with Disney once. I decided to have a TA book the travel and she got it down, not without difficulty, in half the time.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #577
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
I booked room 12000 on opening day for 2013. I would be very upset if I was forced out of the room I chose almost a year ago just because someone wanted it as a connecting room, so I am glad to hear they wouldn't force these people out of their rooms.

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #578
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwimmer View Post
Our Travel Agent made it happen. We didn't see either the Roy Suite or the connecting room available when we looked on line. We called her. The next day, she had the Roy Suite and the connecting with no problems.

When I have called Disney directly to book I have had a knock down drag out fight with them as they just repeat whatever is on their service card. I've found the TAs are able to leverage better with them. I was honestly on the phone for 2 days with Disney once. I decided to have a TA book the travel and she got it down, not without difficulty, in half the time.
My TA had no luck either. I totally get not making someone move out of 12000 but it seemed silly not to move the Cat V - we had 12008, which is one of the ones with the bump-out larger verandah; I'm sure the family would have been very happy with a larger verandah. I just wish they held the connecting rooms back until the Royal Suites are booked.

Dream Cruise - August 2012, Poly - June 2012, WWOHP - November 2011, Wonder Cruise - November 2010, Poly - April 2010, July 2009, AKL - October 2008, AKL - November 2007, AKL and CR - June 2007, NH and RPR - October 2006, AKL - May 2006, WL - July 2005, AKL - October 2004, AKL - August 2003. AKL - April 2002, OKW - August 2001
And many more....
Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #579
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add some concierge tips for future travelers regarding food in the lounge. I am vegetarian and have a dairy allergy so I wasn't able to eat many of the foods they put out during the day. But, they do have things that aren't put out. I was able to get a toasted bagel each morning just by asking. They also have peanut butter if you ask - they just don't put it out on the buffet. Also, they had a number of gluten free breakfast items all of which were vegetarian. Some had eggs in them but at least one did not and they were quite tasty. They also had soy and coconut milk in the back and said they could get rice milk too if I wanted. They sometimes had vegetarian sandwiches and things out at other times but most were mushroom based and I'm not fond of mushrooms but other vegetarians might like them.

So, if you have special dietary needs, make sure you let them know and ask if there are food items available that they don't put out on the buffet.

And many more....
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #580
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Just wanted to add some concierge tips for future travelers regarding food in the lounge. I am vegetarian and have a dairy allergy so I wasn't able to eat many of the foods they put out during the day. But, they do have things that aren't put out. I was able to get a toasted bagel each morning just by asking. They also have peanut butter if you ask - they just don't put it out on the buffet. Also, they had a number of gluten free breakfast items all of which were vegetarian. Some had eggs in them but at least one did not and they were quite tasty. They also had soy and coconut milk in the back and said they could get rice milk too if I wanted. They sometimes had vegetarian sandwiches and things out at other times but most were mushroom based and I'm not fond of mushrooms but other vegetarians might like them.

So, if you have special dietary needs, make sure you let them know and ask if there are food items available that they don't put out on the buffet.
thanks!! that's very good to know!!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #581
kathi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My TA had no luck either. I totally get not making someone move out of 12000 but it seemed silly not to move the Cat V - we had 12008, which is one of the ones with the bump-out larger verandah; I'm sure the family would have been very happy with a larger verandah. I just wish they held the connecting rooms back until the Royal Suites are booked.
We were in the connecting Cat V to the Walt Suite on the Dream in April (our friends had the suite). My husband insists that the bathroom is nicer in that Cat V than the others. (We were in a different Cat V last year but I honestly can't remember).

I agree that I would prefer the larger balcony to the one next to the big suite. Seems like they should at least be willing to ask the guest if they would move if the larger balcony was available.

Keep checking back, maybe something will open up.
kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #582
chateau
DIS Veteran

I read all through this thread and upgraded an existing reservation to the concierge level on the Dream! I tossed around upgrading at port or just doing it now.... I doubt at port there could possibly be much of a difference at all, plus I wanted one of the highly recommended rooms (and got it!) These DIS boards are one of the best things I've utilized on the internet (other than learning tools for my kids). Thanks everyone for all your input!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #583
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
I read all through this thread and upgraded an existing reservation to the concierge level on the Dream! I tossed around upgrading at port or just doing it now.... I doubt at port there could possibly be much of a difference at all, plus I wanted one of the highly recommended rooms (and got it!) These DIS boards are one of the best things I've utilized on the internet (other than learning tools for my kids). Thanks everyone for all your input!
The staff are equally nice whether you book ahead of time or upgrade at the port. They do know but it makes no difference in how they treat you - you will get great service and all you have to do is ask. The worst that can happen is that they say no, but that isn't really a word in their vocabulary. If you want to change things that you have booked, they will make it happen. Do you want to do some of the tastings on board - they will reserve your spot for you. Do you have special dietary needs - they will make sure you are cared for. If you have problems with anything, just bring it to their attention and they will do what they can to fix it.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the concierge benefits!

And many more....
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #584
dmark1867
Earning My Ears

Quick question

On the only previous cruise I was on, which was on Celebrity, the refridgerator was stocked with items. I didn't realize it (luckly i was told by someone before I started consuming) but you have to pay for any the items in there.

We are in a concierge family state room in June on the Dream, just wondering if there will be things in the room if we use we will have to pay extra for?

Thanks
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #585
jrbdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark1867 View Post
Quick question

On the only previous cruise I was on, which was on Celebrity, the refridgerator was stocked with items. I didn't realize it (luckly i was told by someone before I started consuming) but you have to pay for any the items in there.

We are in a concierge family state room in June on the Dream, just wondering if there will be things in the room if we use we will have to pay extra for?

Thanks
Nope -- consume away. If you have favorites, your stateroom host will be happy to oblige. Enjoy!
jrbdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: