Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #136
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
Also - Key West, someone said there is a Free Trolley?!?!?! Where does it go? Are there many stops? We may be taking my parents with us & my Dad can't walk far, so wondered if there are many places for us to pick it up at.
I don't know if there's a free trolley that goes around the island... I'd be surprised if there is, since there are companies doing it for $30/ticket.

The free ride we got was a Disney-arranged shuttle from the ship (at the Navy pier) to Mallory Square. It was a nice little ride in one of the Old Town Trolley vehicles, but no stops or anything; it did pass a few Key West landmarks and the driver gave a little description along the way.

You can look up the websites for Old Town Trolleys and the Conch Train (both of which DCL has official excursions with--but easy to do on your own). They have extensive info about the route/stops. There's another hop-on-hop-off company too but I don't know the name...
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #137
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Cityview Trolleys - they are about $10 cheaper than the other two. http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.html

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #138
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Has anyone that has returned done a trip report yet?

I'd love to read it to get myself even more excited for my upcoming cruise in March
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #139
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Has anyone that has returned done a trip report yet?

I'd love to read it to get myself even more excited for my upcoming cruise in March
I've thought about doing one but am daunted by the task!!! Have you checked out the "I Love Comedians with Guitars" one??? She includes a ton of AWESOME pics and details all the scenery of the ship and food, etc etc. Talk about getting excited for the trip---even though her excursions were different, all her amazing ship pics got me really jazzed for our cruise!!!
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #140
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

How full did the ship feel?

We all know that the Magic is going into dry dock this year but curious to know how she is looking and feeling to everyone?

For those who were on this cruise would you do this cruise again. Regardless of your answer would you tell us how you reached that conclusion?

Still looking at the May 10 cruise but we gotta do taxes first

HG
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #141
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiFB

I've thought about doing one but am daunted by the task!!! Have you checked out the "I Love Comedians with Guitars" one??? She includes a ton of AWESOME pics and details all the scenery of the ship and food, etc etc. Talk about getting excited for the trip---even though her excursions were different, all her amazing ship pics got me really jazzed for our cruise!!!
I know it's daunting, done a few on a different cruise forum and it took forever and seem like no one read them.

Thanks for the tip on what to read. I'll check it out.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #142
TinaBufNY
Earning My Ears

Question about shows

Does anyone know if the shows are after the late dinner seating or if you have the late dinner do you have to go to the show before dinner?
TinaBufNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #143
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBufNY View Post
Does anyone know if the shows are after the late dinner seating or if you have the late dinner do you have to go to the show before dinner?
Late dinner seating, you go to the show before dinner.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #144
noriega
Earning My Ears

Here is a good tip:

Once onboard use your iPhone/iPad take a HD picture of your:

• Voyage Navigator Cruise at a Glance.
• Daily navigator schedule.
• Schedule of cruise planned activities.
• Diner rotation, character breakfast, Palo and activity tickets.
• The bus departure times for WDW.
• Map of Key West.
• Remember to put your phone on airplane mode.

Paul
noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #145
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noriega
Here is a good tip:

Once onboard use your iPhone/iPad take a HD picture of your:

• Voyage Navigator Cruise at a Glance.
• Daily navigator schedule.
• Schedule of cruise planned activities.
• Diner rotation, character breakfast, Palo and activity tickets.
• The bus departure times for WDW.
• Map of Key West.
• Remember to put your phone on airplane mode.

Paul
Great idea.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #146
s232271
Mouseketeer

Looks like u don't get to stay at WDW parks late enough to see fireworks?? 930 seems early to leave if ship is in port till 1245am?
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #147
kendallk
Earning My Ears

Is it time to sail yet?

This is our 2nd Disney Cruise for my and my girls(ages 18 & 14)now. But this time we are bringing my 3yr old niece. She is "princess" crazy and I can not wait to see her expression when she finally gets to see Cinderella's Castle!
kendallk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #148
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Looks like u don't get to stay at WDW parks late enough to see fireworks?? 930 seems early to leave if ship is in port till 1245am?

There was no problem at all with seeing fireworks. Both MK and Epcot had buses running after the fireworks show, and because of the amount of people, there were some buses straggling behind.

I was surprised that we had such early buses coming back. But it worked out. The parks were then closed, the only place you could have gone was DTD. I was hoping to, but wouldn't work out.

Unless you are doing a non Disney excursion (or non WDW), then the bus times were fine.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #149
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
How full did the ship feel?

We all know that the Magic is going into dry dock this year but curious to know how she is looking and feeling to everyone?

For those who were on this cruise would you do this cruise again. Regardless of your answer would you tell us how you reached that conclusion?

Still looking at the May 10 cruise but we gotta do taxes first

HG

The ship didn't feel full at all!! I was surprised actually, since it was appearantly 'full'. they had signs up at port and on the ship saying that Mickey was sailing with a full ship. I have sailed on HAL, so smaller ships, and this, for a full ship, I don't know where the people were

I haven't sailed the Magic before, this was my first DCL cruise. If you LOOKING for the ship to be worn, you will find it. If your looking closely to find the rough spots because it is old, it's there. BUT, if your there to enjoy yourself, and not worry about how it looks, then to me, it looked fine. When walking on, there was no disappointment at all. I thought the ship was beautiful. My room, veranda, was great. Sure the bedspread is old, and maybe the couch could be updated, but it was a great space in good condition. I had no issues with anything working. The actual furniture was good. The common areas, to me, were great. I saw no major issues.
Again, if your looking closely for problems, you will find them. If your there to enjoy it, it's a beautiful ship

I would definitely do this cruise again. I wish it wasn't out of Texas, as the flights are more than going into FL, BUT I LOVED LOVED LOVED it First off, come on, it's CC. It was just beautiful. And going into WDW for a day is great. And if you don't want to do Disney, then do a different exursion, there are tons to do in that area. As well, Key west is a great place. I was so happy that we were stopping there. And the sea days. I loved that there were so many of them. So much time to just relax and either enjoy the ship and pools, or to do one of the many activities they had going on. Sooo much character interaction time. I wish my whole family could do this cruise together, but it won't happen unfortunately because of it being from TX. If they did this from NY again, would be on it in a hurry!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #150
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Alice Tea?

Hi:

I've been combing through the navigators, but can't seem to find which day/time that the Alice Tea was on. I saw that you had to get tickets on the first day for 3 available teas.

Did anyone attend these teas?

Thanks,

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: