Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Flying Toronto to Orlando - Will I see my bags before the resort?

I know things keep changing. A friend is flying to Disney from Toronto next month and using Magical Express.

I seem to remember last year another friend saying that when they reached MCO they had to claim their bags, go through something (customs??) and then place them on another belt for ME to pick them up and deliver them to their resort. This was a year ago though so much may have changed since then. Sorry, not sure what airline she is travelling with.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
keaster
DIS Veteran

I posted on another thread as well, we've never had to claim our bags in Orlando before going to Magical Express.

We've also never had to do a second security check in Orlando. We have flown many times between Toronto and Orlando, most recently August 2012.

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
kellymarch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
....kind of makes me rethink my usual routine of only flying carriers that I preclear out of Halifax on.
What carriers preclear out of Halifax? We're going direct on Sunwing.
kellymarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Thanks for responding. I called EIA and US customs closes at 6 pm so we'll need to clear customs in Orlando. Kind of a bummer after a red-eye, especially because we apparently need to go through another security clearance again after clearing customs. Can I just say again, YEG SUCKS!!
You're kidding! I could see another security check if you were getting on another plane. That's how it was connecting in Houston when we took the red-eye from YEG on United last November.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I don't think there is another security check after you go through US customs in MCO, but the last time I did go through there was in 1998, but I would assume it would be like it is in Toronto, except you may have to clam your bag before going through. Also in 1998 they had us put our bags on a belt for transport to the regular baggage clam area.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowells View Post
i had to remove my shoes, belt (the button had broker off my shorts) so i hold my shorts, removing my son from the stoller and trying to fold it down, the security officer told me to hurry up, and i basically told him to f-off ( i got lucky, nothing more came of that)
Now you could have nodded in agreement or even said, "okay" but not actually hustling or doing anything differently in response.

Clearing customs in Orlando is the same* as clearing customs at a connection point such as Toronto, Chicago, or Seattle. You go to the customs station, get your bags, have them checked, then put them on the other conveyor belt or hand them to somebody. Magical Express works the same way.

* All the maneuvers are the same and probably in the same order although distances and times may differ.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-30-2013 at 06:14 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: