Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
chrystie4141
Earning My Ears

help with room at coronado springs

We have decided on the coronado springs this year for our Disney trip however need some help with requesting a room. Last year we stayed at the caribbean so we are okay with the large resort feel but noticed this one is layed out different (meaning the pool , eating, 1st bus stop are not all together). We have decided the 1st bus stop is more important for us and we will walk to the pool. What building should we request to ensure we are closest to the bus stop but also as close as we can be to the pool? I want to request a building at least I know it will be a preferred room but which one?

Thanks
chrystie4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
tigergrad
Mouseketeer

Stayed there last September. I believe we were in 8A Casitas. Bus stop and Main pool just steps away. Was a little walk over to the restaurant area, but no too bad. It was usually a nice walk except during a rain storm.
tigergrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I believe that Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred buildings that are closest to the main building, but the bus stop is the last pickup for the theme parks. I'm not sure about the other areas at CSR, though.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

Casitas 4 is the FIRST bus stop going and coming from CSR. Less standing IMO.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) AofA & POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I really like the Casitas 4 & 5 buildings. We had a good experience staying there.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
heidia
Mouseketeer

Ditto Casitas 4 & 5. We stayed in 5 last spring and were almost a straight shot to Bus stop #2 (I think?) that was actually the first stop the buses picked up and dropped off at. Plus it was super pretty, close to a quiet pool and laundry and shortish walk to the main buildings!
heidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Love Casitias 4. Close to the first bus stop picked up, and close to the main building, without having to pay for preferred.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If the first bus stop is important to you, then you will want to request Casitas 4 or 5...our two favorite buildings. The next bus stop would be in the Ranchos which is a further walk to the main building.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
kapoof
DIS Veteran

We are thinking of staying in the cabanas section with the new cl. Would that be the second bus stop?

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
We are thinking of staying in the cabanas section with the new cl. Would that be the second bus stop?
No; it would be the last stop picked up for parks.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
mousefan
DIS Veteran

personally our family likes the Rancheros 7b or Cabana's 8a both right by bus stop 4 and really close to the dig site ( pool, hot tub)
(but good walk to main bldg, but can hop on bus to go from stop four to stop one easily)

maybe this map will help you find your ideal home away from home

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-content...ngs-Resort.jpg
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
No; it would be the last stop picked up for parks.
Wouldn't that be bus stop 4? We stayed at Cabanas 9A during marathon week and the closest bus stop for us was 4, which is the third bus stop.

tinawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Wouldn't that be bus stop 4? We stayed at Cabanas 9A during marathon week and the closest bus stop for us was 4, which is the third bus stop.
I probably should have worded it better

Bus Stop 2 is near Casitas 4
Bus Stop 3 is near Ranchos
Bus Stop 4 is near Cabanas
Bus Stop 1 is near the main building but also close to Cabanas 9B

When we stayed in Cabanas 9A three years ago, it was closer to walk to the stop at the Main Building

The order of pick up for the parks is Stop 2, 3, 4, and then 1

For Downtown Disney it is Stop 1, 2, 3 and 4

Does that make more sense?

Thanks for catching that.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
denise4disney
Earning My Ears

We stayed in building 3 and it was a great location. Very close to bus stop #2 (the first actual stop). We did not think the walk to the pool was long. And we found a path to stay covered to walk to the main building - came in handy trying to make it to dinner in the rain.
denise4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
Babka
Czeching out the DIS boards!

Coronado is a beautiful resort. Got back yesterday, stayed at Casita 4, Room 4100...laundry and gym are here. This bldg. is not preferred.

TIP: 4103, 4102, 4101 and 4100 are ALL right across the parking lot to bus stop #2 (first to be picked up). Behind these four rooms are 4113, 4112, 4111 and 4110 - also good locations for this bus stop. Your view will be of the parking lot, but I am into bus stop closeness and being picked up first!

Park busses were empty. Sometimes DH and I were the only ones aboard. Found out firsthand busses do NOT wait for you, even if you are late to the stop, running towards them.

There were conventions present every day...did not even know they were there! Conventioneers stayed at the large convention hall, had their food buffets right there and were in meetings all day. Bridgestone tire was there and every room was filled. No problem whatsoever!

Had breakfast at the Pepper Market. Egg offerings were ALL pre-made and sitting in the warming tray. No made-to-order omlets here. Come to think of it, ALL the breakfast food was in warming trays, pre-made. Once here was enough.

DDP was the best. Ate at BOG, LeCellier, LTT, TTSq, EOS, WP, RC. Paid $149 over our room cost for the plan. WELL WORTH IT, IMO. At LeCellier, I had the best fillet and service. Tony's Town Square was fine, contrary to some posts.

TIP: CSR will give you a comp wheelchair for the length of your stay if you ask for one at check-in. DH and I could not have done the parks w/o one. Why spend $$ at the parks for one?

TIP: If you have a rental car, do NOT drive to Downtown Disney on the weekend at night. We went around 7 pm and could not find a parking space. Circled and circled, then finally left. Take the Coronado bus instead.

Will definitely go back to the Coronado in two years! Had a magical seven-day vacay!

Babka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: