Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #31
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe View Post
it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.
There is pasta. Gnocchi. And there's no meat on that dish. So make it 4 choices. And what about the fish? Could order it without sauce.

But seems like they didn't need to add bacon to the sauce for the fish-for those who eat fish and don't eat meat.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #32
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Could you call and ask for an vegetarian option? Don't most restaurants offer that, outside of the menu? Most restaurants are geared towards meat or fish eaters, right? That doesn't make CRT any different than the majority of Disney restaurants. Do they not have the chef come out and talk to vegetarians as they do people with food allergies?
It already is on the menu.

Gnocchi with Roasted Vegtables
Eggplant, Mushrooms, Onions, and Squash tossed with Gnocchi, Arugula, Pesto, shaved Romano, and splash of Aged Balsamic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #33
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

The menu looks good to me. My boys (12& 9) would like the menu but won't eat at CRT because of the princesses. Are they there at dinner?
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #34
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
Are they there at dinner?
Yes.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer View Post
I must be another weirdo - I think the menu looks good, too.
Me too! I see nothing on this menu that I would not order.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #36
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
If you go to New York and you are choosing between Nobu, Babbo and Eleven Madison Park, you look at the menus and select which one appeals to you more. But you don't complain that your really want to go to Nobu, but you wouldn't like anything on the menu because it is Japanese. "Seaweed and eel? Really? Does anyone actually like that stuff?" Yes. People do. And if you don't, you go somewhere else. If you don't like the menu at CRT, pick another restaurant. There seems to be more and more of a sense of entitlement when it comes to dining that CRT, BoG, or what-have-you have some moral obligation to serve food that "everybody likes" whatever that is. These places serve good food. If it isn't to your liking, then you move along.
I agree with the first part of your post, but I disagree with the quoted part. It isn't that easy to just move on when you have to make your reservation 180+ days out. If I make a reservation based on the menu now, and then the week before my trip they change the menu then I wouldn't be happy either. That is one of the problems with this 180 nonsense IMO. Of course menus change and those changes will always come before or during someone's trip, but I can still understand being disappointed about it.

As suggested already I would look for other options, other restaurants or meals and just hope for a cancellation.

Last edited by MaxsDad; 01-30-2013 at 05:19 PM.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #37
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

The lunch menu looks promising to me. It's the no options anymore for breakfast that I don't like.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #38
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
I think the menu looks delicious!!! There's nothing you could eat? At all? What about going for breakfast instead?

Or how about going to Akershus since your DD loves princess' so much?
I agree!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Lita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #39
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe
it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.
Gnocchi is pasta.

Lita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #40
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita

Gnocchi is pasta.

Delicious pasta, at that!

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #41
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneredbycorn

Delicious pasta, at that!
Indeed! One of my faves!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #42
lsythes
Earning My Ears

The menu was on the Disney site. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...l-table/menus/

We are visiting my parents who live an hour+ away and only spending 3 nights on site, 2 days in the park, and given that dd is five, we are only doing MK for those days.

And I agree with those who talked about the disappointment of making reservations early and then having a bait and switch with the menu. Yes, menus are subject to change, but I would expect a dish or two rather than whole-scale revamping. Glad so many others are pleased.

FYI--the Disney site shows choices still at breakfast, but there are no openings the 3 days we could do breakfast.
lsythes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #43
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the plight of vegetarians almost everywhere, though. It's not limited to CRT. (I used to be a vegetarian, too, and I know how hard it can be to eat anything but salad and fries at some places!)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

I actually didn't like the old menu so I had cancelled my ADR because there wasn't much there we would have eaten. When I saw the new menu I got very excited and was lucky enough to pick up someone's dropped ADR yesterday afternoon - so we are back on for next week. I am really looking forward to it again. To me, they made some positive changes - just my opinion.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #45
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsythes View Post
Glad to know where it came from! The vegetarian option, at least, is entirely different from the first rumored change. I would have canceled if THAT change had come about, but gnocchi sounds super-tasty to me. We'll be keeping it, assuming that's the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
If you don't like the menu at a particular restaurant, than you don't have to go there. There are over 100 restaurants in WDW. I am sure one will please you. Some of us enjoy different things.
While I didn't make our CRT reservation 180 days out, it was early enough. The main goal is to eat in the castle, for what is our first, and is probably our last, time. But I"m not going to shell out $150 for 3 vegetarian meals that are nasty, just to eat in the castle. So a menu change CAN really mess with a carefully thought out, long anticipated, plan.

Quote:

FWIW, the vegetarian option before was a risotto, not an actual pasta.

And yeah, it's pretty common to just have one thing on the menu for a vegetarian. That said, Disney chefs are often very willing to help out, if the menu option doesn't please you. Just let them know and see IF they can do something.

mmmm, brussels sprouts...wonder if I could get a side of them with my gnocchi?

All that said, I'm still very much in the mode of believing NOTHING from the new website. The moment someone comes back and actually experiences that menu, I'll believe it. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it's just the IT people playing pranks on us.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: