Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #29
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura24 View Post
the second we step through the Mickey Ears tunnel, over the gangplank and onboard for the greeting, I internally hear myself whispering, "the beginning of the end'. Makes me sad for a moment and then I refocus and move on. Getting off is a different story, I never look back...it would only bring tears to my eyes. The cure....plan another Disney trip ASAP!
Yeah, the WOS is never fun. Planning another trip will always help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckTraveller View Post
In cruise terms, the walk of shame is also known as what people do walking (or running) up the pier because they are late in getting back to the ship
Leaving isn't the walk of shame, but the walk back to reality.
LOL. I found that out after I started this thread. I guess it has several meanings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Having done the last 4 years WDW in December (and those bonus trips due to work), last year we switched instead to our first DCL - originally for November, was fast tracked to August. Planned ahead for WDW in December 2013, and DCL in December 2014...

So this xmas was miserable - "We miss Disney" was the norm... So before the year ended, and seeing Kids Sail Free out of Miami, two words to DW, and we are set to go on a 5n on the Wonder in 13 days!

Plans for 12/13 and 12/14 are still on - maybe scaled back a bit, but still on!

And YES! I feel that 'walk of shame' and see it. EVERY trip.
Nice, so 12 days left till you're on the Wonder? Sweet. Were the two words to DW "Let's go!"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
As we left Disney World at the end of our last trip my children were clutching each other and sobbing. I can't imagine how they'll be at the end of our upcoming cruise. If you're on the March 1st sailing of the Magic be sure to wave to the nice family doing the saddest walk of shame/sadness/sorrow ever.
I think the 1st disney cruise will all be the hardest for the kids to leave unless they have just had a string of bad luck. But that's hardly ever the case from the TR's I've read. I will be on the Fantasy in June so I will have to find another family to wave at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
The day: Our departure day after 8 incredible days at WDW
The place: In front of the Animal Kingdom Villas
The players: Me and DH along with a family of 5 we have never me and probably never will

The moment of pain: Having checked our bags through AKV's airport service, we had our carry-on bags in hand as DH and I walked to the curb in front of the AKV lobby. DH gave our taxicab voucher to a cast member. I am watching as people are going various directions.

A car pulls up. The family gets out. A CM greets them. Discussion takes place I cannot hear. The mother/wife then says to the CM assisting them, "I wonder if you could check if our room is ready early by chance. I was given the room number when I called from the airport. I was told we would be in 7808."

- wait for it -

Our room we just checked out of after it being home for the last 8 days. And now it was going to be theirs. Waaaa-aaaaaaa!

- Dreams
Ouch, hits me right in the heart. I feel you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutdisney1967 View Post
Yes, upon receiving our last room service delivery on the last night of the 5 day/4 night cruise, reality starts to creep upon us.

Yes, I agree whole-heartedly it is a WOS. I feel a little Eeyore-esque as we walk back down the gang plank. Even though I love Eeyore and he is my idol, I still frown at the WOS.

I am a DVC member and WDW is "my home away from home". Unfortunately, not quite as often as we Disneyfiles would like.

Donna
Can't wait to become a DVC member. Then I can finally have my "home away from home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura24 View Post
I do believe it is the booking, the planning, the countdown, the anticipation and the excitement during the journey to get to that day that hits me for a few seconds and as I said then I refocus and enjoy every moment.

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: