DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Nahanni
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 231

When will BLT resale fall into the 70's?

There appears to be a growing number of BLT contracts for sale on all sites and Fidelity has one listed at $79. Is it inevitable the price will fall into the 70's and what will the impact be on pricing at other resorts?
Nahanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 149

Wow, you're right. $79 for 270 points.

I'm no expert on pricing so I'm not sure if this is the beginning of a trend or just a desperate seller.

It's hard to say the impact on other resorts. Clearly BLT has a desirable location so if the prices drop enough that may make some people who would buy AKL or BCV look at BLT. However VWL, BWV, SSR, and OKW are SO much cheaper I don't expect a big change in their prices.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Prices will most likely continue to fall a little. However, there are two caveats to that. First, the escalating direct price could allow prices to tick upwards and still be a substantial savings. Second, BLT point requirements are the highest among onsite DVC resorts. So even if the prices come down, buying at BLT is not going to be a value proposition in the same way that buying at SSR and booking BLT at the 7 month window. My point is, even if you get a bargain on the buy in for BLT points, you're still paying a premium when you go to use them. And if you're going not going to use them to stay at BLT, you might as well buy any other resort.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,769

I'd say that the $79 price is someone who is looking for a quick sale since nothing else listed is even close to it in price. So I would not take that as a downward trend in BLT prices. It certainly could be a good deal for anyone that is looking for a BLT contract, provided it passed ROFR.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
thptrek
DIS Veteran
 
thptrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,312

It does seem that BLT offers have dropped about $5/point in the last week. Do you think that $79 would pass ROFR?
__________________
Extreme Commando WPASADI veteran - 2006/07

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Second, BLT point requirements are the highest among onsite DVC resorts. So even if the prices come down, buying at BLT is not going to be a value proposition in the same way that buying at SSR and booking BLT at the 7 month window. My point is, even if you get a bargain on the buy in for BLT points, you're still paying a premium when you go to use them. And if you're going not going to use them to stay at BLT, you might as well buy any other resort.
Actually, I'm not sure it matters much.

Using any points at BLT is an expensive proposition because the per-night points requirements at BLT are substantially higher. That has nothing to do with where you own; it's a function of where you are staying.

And the "higher cost" of BLT depends on the assumptions you make. I personally like to use a 10-year timeframe, considering the points to be worthless 10 years from now...which is a VERY conservative assumption.

Using 0 value in 10 years, BLT @ $80 pp would cost $8 per point per year, and SSR @ $55 would cost $5.50 per point per year.
  • BLT dues are currently $4.50 + $8.00 = $12.81 per point this year.
  • SSR dues are $4.81 + $5.50 = $10.31 per point this year.

But if you take the more common assumption -- calculating the acquisition cost over the total years remaining in the contract (48 for BLT; 45 for SSR), the difference is negligible:
  • BLT becomes $80/48 years = $1.67 + $4.50 = $6.17
  • SSR becomes $55/45 years = $1.22 + $4.81 = $6.03

Moderate difference to very little difference, depending on which model you use.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
fmer55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I'd say that the $79 price is someone who is looking for a quick sale since nothing else listed is even close to it in price. So I would not take that as a downward trend in BLT prices. It certainly could be a good deal for anyone that is looking for a BLT contract, provided it passed ROFR.
That $79 was a price drop and I believe it was to differentiate from the others, I don't think there is much wiggle room on that one

Any other questions about their BLT listings? I've been through just about all of 'em
__________________
Mike(me), DW, DD7, DD4
fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place
 
bookwormde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,575

The fact that BLT's dues are catching up with the other resorts is a big part of the recent price slide. I am guesing that the price will reset at about 80-85. We will have to see what happens with next years dues increase.
__________________
bookwormde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahanni View Post
There appears to be a growing number of BLT contracts for sale on all sites and Fidelity has one listed at $79. Is it inevitable the price will fall into the 70's and what will the impact be on pricing at other resorts?
With the upcoming price increase and GF coming on board in addition to the underlying benefits and draw of the resort, I think it'll hold pretty steady for a while. Eventually it will fall into the 70's then 60's but I think it'll take 3-4 years before it does as a routine.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
zavandor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: An Italian in London
Posts: 948

With Disney selling much less contracts at 160$pp and resales lowering, will taxes go down next year, lowering MF?
It might be what happened at SSR: it was declared sold out and then taxes went down.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
With Disney selling much less contracts at 160$pp and resales lowering, will taxes go down next year, lowering MF?
It might be what happened at SSR: it was declared sold out and then taxes went down.
I don't think so, the taxes are a function of the government, not DVC or DVD.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #12
zavandor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: An Italian in London
Posts: 948

Aren't they calculated also on the basis of how much the contracts sell for?
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Aren't they calculated also on the basis of how much the contracts sell for?
Real estate taxes are based on value. They value the entire property then divide it up accordingly. They do not take individual contracts and recalculate the value accordingly like they MIGHT for a home. Some locals are subject to over valuing timeshares and rental type condo's to get more money but it's still based on some idea of the value of the property in total prorated for each owner.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #14
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
With the upcoming price increase and GF coming on board in addition to the underlying benefits and draw of the resort, I think it'll hold pretty steady for a while. Eventually it will fall into the 70's then 60's but I think it'll take 3-4 years before it does as a routine.
I agree, once VGF comes out, those resale price for BLT are going to look pretty good.

When BLT drop down to the $60-$70 range I might be interested in looking at a few more points there (assuming their MF stay low).
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 149

It was posted on 1/30 and is gone when I checked today at 2/3. Someone got a good deal.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.