Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Sorry, I think the menu looks really good.... it's funny, people have complained that the food at CRT was too ordinary for chargine 2TS, so now they've kind of brought it up a little and that doesn't work either. I think you can never please everyone all of the time. I would try for breakfast where it might be more to your liking.

It kind of makes me a little bummed we are doing breakfast there and not dinner.....
I know! When BOG's kids menu came out with new and unusual findings people complained after years of complaints that the menus were all the same and generic kids food
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I think the menu looks pretty yummy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
alex9179
DIS Veteran

All of the entrees sound good, and honestly, aren't that exotic. I'm sure you'd be able to request a different side to go with your chicken, fish, pork, etc. or go to town on the bread service.

Did you look at Akershus as an alternative?
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

Some parts of the menu

appeal to me and some don't. Chefs tend to go wtih trendy items rather than what main stream likes. If they offer substitutions that makes it easier to taper to indivudual tastes. I had them serve me 'root' vegetables at Captains Grille. They were harder than raw carrots and not at all appetizing. I just ate around them.

Personally if we don't like the menu we don't book an ADR. My wife is a meat and taters person and would not be happy if I took her there.

You can't control a menu change that happens after you book your ADR but you can change venues.

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you are disappointed.

However, I think the menu looks great!
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I know! When BOG's kids menu came out with new and unusual findings people complained after years of complaints that the menus were all the same and generic kids food
Yep. They can't make everyone happy. Either you like the food or you don't. It all looks pretty good to me! If nothing appeals to you either change to breakfast if you can, or look into Akershus. You would probably end up eating breakfast there too, because their lunch/dinner menu is Norwegian food.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #22
maxiesmom

Ok, I had to go peek at the old menu. And guess what? It was beef, fish, pork (sound familiar?) chicken, and pasta. The same 4 proteins that they had before. Not sure why the new menu is so offensive when it is the same meat/fish, changed around a bit.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #23
MomToPirate&Princess
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't eat any of those choices either and for sure DS10 wouldn't especially at those prices.

DD8 will have to settle for breakfast in the castle or Akershus for her princess meal or just meeting them in the parks.
MomToPirate&Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
stitch34
DIS Veteran

I agree with you - NOTHING on that menu would even be interested in eating!

We used to love lunch there.. the Major Domo's Favorite Pie.
then in July of '11 went in for our ADR, sat down - it was OFF the menu, as of just few days prior. We left the restaurant... (they didn't charge us). Manager seemed shocked actually that someone would LEAVE CRT. nope. Nothing for us to eat to make it worth the money, that's for sure. Had been there many times in past, so really, seeing the princesses or experiencing the castle was not our #1 reason being there - we were there for our Major Domo's Favorite Pie

But with those prices, yes, I wouldn't eat with current menu either. NOt worth it just to pick at something you don't like.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Awww... no love for mon petit chou. Maybe the little cabbages would feel more at home in France with Belle but I'd be willing to bet they can sub the side.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysbestfriend View Post
Chefs tend to go wtih trendy items rather than what main stream likes. .
Very true..blame it on the current bacon fixation that seems to have gripped the world.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #27
si-am
DIS Veteran

I think it looks good.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPirate&Princess View Post
I wouldn't eat any of those choices either and for sure DS10 wouldn't especially at those prices.

DD8 will have to settle for breakfast in the castle or Akershus for her princess meal or just meeting them in the parks.
Have DS10 order off kids menu.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe View Post
it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.
Could you call and ask for an vegetarian option? Don't most restaurants offer that, outside of the menu? Most restaurants are geared towards meat or fish eaters, right? That doesn't make CRT any different than the majority of Disney restaurants. Do they not have the chef come out and talk to vegetarians as they do people with food allergies?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: