Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #2071
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Any umbrellas or shady places around Stormalong Bay where my husband can sit? Unlike his wife and daughter, he's not a fan of sunshine or pools. I just hate to think of him sitting in our room while we're having fun. He'll be fine in the shade with a book and a cold drink.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #2072
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA

I can answer SAB admission...room keys and then you get a regular paper bracelet for sab different day different color
Can we get a picture of the Lobster Roll? Lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #2073
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
I've got this guys.
Yay!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #2074
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy
I'm making a complaint.

DIS POSTING GUIDELINES:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Read 'em ... especially the section about infractions.

If anyone sees anything that is taking this thread away from its normally friendly approach, please report the post and the moderators will deal with it directly.
Yes I will be filing a complaint as well.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #2075
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Any umbrellas or shady places around Stormalong Bay where my husband can sit? Unlike his wife and daughter, he's not a fan of sunshine or pools. I just hate to think of him sitting in our room while we're having fun. He'll be fine in the shade with a book and a cold drink.
There is a lot of shade at SAB. If you look at the second post on the first page of this thread,
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...13&postcount=2
you can see an aerial view as well as other pictures of the pool area. The shady areas get filled up fast, though.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-30-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #2076
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My husband is just like yours. He was quite happy to find a comfy, shady place at Storm Along Bay and read his book while he enjoyed a beer. There are definitely a couple of places like that at the pool. I never thought I'd see the day when my Husband said he enjoyed hanging at the pool! Later on in our trip he even ventured into the hot tub after a night in the parks.

Yep. Storm Along Bay is "Non pool loving husband friendly".

~NM
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #2077
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Mmmmm Grey Goose slushies AND lobster rolls! The idea alone will get me through my day at work!
Hmmm, those two things might get me through the next few days as we are supposed to be getting a foot and a half of snow

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #2078
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for popping in!!! So glad to hear you are having a great time!

We are all here staring at our computer screens like zombies waiting for reports of those scrumptious lobster and shrimp rolls!

HAVE A FANATASTIC DAY!!!

That's why I keep checking in!! And by the way, I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote thing So, don't be upset with me I forgot about the Oreo Bon Bons, oh man, someone pack me a cooler already!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #2079
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
And by the way, I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote thing
Click on the icon with a " and a + sign. Then click on the regular quote icon on the last one you want to quote. So, if you want to quote two postings, click the "+ icon on the first one and the regular quote icon on the the second one.

Hope that helps......

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #2080
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Click on the icon with a " and a + sign. Then click on the regular quote icon on the last one you want to quote. So, if you want to quote two postings, click the "+ icon on the first one and the regular quote icon on the the second one.

Hope that helps......
Thank You!! I actually went searching too, and you confirmed what I needed to do, so now I'm trying my hand at it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]I would just like to say that I think Nate is doing ok but Dee is fabulous!
Hear Hear Hope your dad had a good birthday lunch natebenma!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #2081
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thank you Dee and everyone, I haven't been in the BC/YC thread too long but I've learnt lots and you're all a really friendly bunch
I have not been on this thread for long either and have also learned so much. I have never been to the BC but feel like I have after reading this thread (I just wish I really have eaten one of these shrimp and lbster rolls). Thank you to everyone for being so helpful and friendly!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #2082
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Dee, will you please add me to the list for December. We haven't been in that month for a couple years and can't wait to experience the Candlelight Processional again.

We booked ten nights but may try to change a few to the new villas at the GF if they are open by then.

Happy birthday to your father.
home!

I'll add you to the list.

I haven't been paying attention to the GF stuff. Are they estimating a completion date?

Had a great lunch with my dad, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
Hi, will be staying at the beach club for the first time in early June and this thread has been very useful. We have a deluxe room and I'm on the fence as to what to request. Patio would b nice, but is it close to a busy foot path? Will snakes get in!?!?

Quick question. What's all this about lobster rolls? Is this part of the food and wine fest or flower thingy? Or is this a new item somewhere at the beach club? My husband will cry tears of joy if he can have a lobster roll by the pool. My only fear is that we'll never get him to the parks.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the Deluxe Room thread by BeachClubDee, you may want to look that over. Gives some info and descriptions of the 6 Deluxe rooms at BC, along with pictures, if available. There is a link in the Club Level post on Page 1 of this thread.

Captain's Grille (Table Service) has had a delicious lobster roll at lunch for quite some time, but Hurricane Hanna's (Counter Service near SAB), which just reopened, has a shrimp and lobster roll on the new menu.

Waiting for info and pictures!!! Not sure if you can get just lobster or not. Hopefully our spies will be reporting back shortly with info.

Quote:
Another reason I love this thread! Until now, I never knew Oreo Bon-Bons existed.

Oreo Bon-Bons used to be the signature dessert at Cape May Clambake. Anyone know if they still have them?

I know they are for sale, in six packs, at the Marketplace and I believe someone took a picture for me, but I can't seem to find it!

Also, I believe they make an appearance in the club level lounges, not sure how often.

Quote:
I'll let you in on my secret spot, but don't tell anyone...

There is a raised gazebo-thingy near Hurricane Hanna's, with loungers and tables and chairs. Awesome out-of-the-way shady spot near the pool. I'll come back and post a picture in a minute or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
That's why I keep checking in!! And by the way, I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote thing So, don't be upset with me I forgot about the Oreo Bon Bons, oh man, someone pack me a cooler already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post

Hope that helps......
Thanks for helping out with the multiquoting.

FYI- in the Other Useful Info section of page 1, I have instructions on how to multipost, post pictures and hyperlink web addresses.

Last edited by natebenma; 01-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #2083
beachmom14
Mouseketeer

I haven't posted in some time, but I've been lurking, dreaming of our next trip. Which thanks to Superstorm Sandy will now be in May 2014. However, I just wanted to add my two cents and give Dee a big THANK YOU for the wonderful job she does keeping this thread going. We stayed BCV last May and because of you (and everyone else who answered my many, many questions), we had an awesome time!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

If some one would go to Hurricane Hannah's and ask about (or better yet ORDER ) a SUNKIN TREASURE!!

~NM
Last May I did drink a "few" Sunkin Treasures and it's still on the menu on disneyparks.com

Now back to my lurking ......
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #2084
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom
I would just like to say that I think Nate is doing ok but Dee is fabulous!

I have another assignment for those that are at/going soon to the BC/BCV/YC.

This is important research!

If some one would go to Hurricane Hannah's and ask about (or better yet ORDER ) a SUNKIN TREASURE!!

This is a signature drink that used to be at HH's but then they stopped making it....... but then they would make it upon request. I'm wondering if they can still make it or if they no longer have the ingredients on hand to whip up this concoction.

These are the things that keep Ninja Mom up at night!

Any takers? ( and ALM, no hurry if you already were there, some one else will make another trip. ENJOY your vacation!! )

~NM
NM, I hate to think of you missing out on your beauty rest, so if you can wait a month, I'm your girl. Nobody needs to ask me twice to test out an adult beverage while lounging by the pool (more like chasing my 2 year-old around the pool while I watch others lounge, but a girl can dream, right?).

Ahhh, it is so nice to see my name on the BOG list and know that it is only a month away!!!

Teena, will you be working the weekend of 3/2 or 3/9?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #2085
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Hello all! My family will be staying in a BCV studio from 5/22-5/27. This will be our first time at Beach Club!

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary (5/23/03 at the Poly!).

Looking forward to lots of reading up on this resort!

And I will also confirm... The Oreo Bon bons are amazing!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: