Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutter
I know you said you all love to eat, but I generally would not recommend the DxDP to a first time family. Too much time to sit and eat! There is SO much to do there, and you are planning on fairly short days. I think you'll find that if your dd does well in the evenings, you will be doing more of them.

First, for a little princess, I recommend that your first day be in MK. I LOVE AK. But it just doesn't have the wide-eyed magic feel to it. So I'd switch Mon and Tue. (You don't say when you're going, so unless there is a major crowd reason to do it your way, I'd switch. You can probably re-arrange your dining, lol.)

Next, your AK day. I haven't done Tusker House, but instead of heading back to the resort, we have always enjoyed dinner at either Boma or Yak &Yeti, then going to play mini-golf at Winter-Summerland. Your dd is a great age for that. Saana is really good, if you like the flavorings, or if you play around and have extra dining credits, xxx supposed to be top notch. (I'm drawing a blank.)

Epcot looks great. Characters and Le Cellier. Boom. Best! Epcot is a great park for young'uns. Do they still do the kidcot stations in the countries?

Lunch at SciFi is fun. If your dd does ok with shows, try to catch fantasmic. It can be scary (or you can get wet up front), but at the end the princesses all come out. I think my dd tried to wave her arm off when they showed up!

Any day in MK with a little princess is a winner! Personally, you might switch out some of the non-character meals for character ones. Le Cellier is an absolute favorite of both my dd and I. (She went first time at 8 years.) The mashed potatoes are to die for (get them with the mushroom filet instead of the very salty risotto, lol.) However.... with a 4year old, I might sacrifice that dinner (or do a second Epcot day) and go to Askerhaus. Their salmon (if it's still on the menu at dinner) was my all time favorite entree in all of Disney.

Anyway, don't be surprised if your dd finds all kinds of energy to keep going, especially if she has a stroller to hang in on occasion! At that age, I was begging my dd to stop for some CS, as I was starving, but she wanted to go, go, go!
Thank you very much for all the great feedback. I am strongly considering sticking with the DDP and ditching the DxDP. She loves the dinner and a movie type places, so I'm excited about Sci-Fi. I must ban myself from the Food from Disney thread. Looking at all the pictures is making my planning more difficult. Lol!
Towmater Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: