Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #2281
tophatgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
Nope...at least not that I recall. I'm thinking the bottom of the beds are a box like structure.
OP is correct, they are boxed frames to the floor in all Values (not sure about AoA)
Family trip 2011 - POP
Family trip 2013 - All Stars Movies
tophatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #2282
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Ok, curious as to what is preferred and what is standard. I'm guessing Herbie and Mighty Ducks are standard?
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2283
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
Ok, curious as to what is preferred and what is standard. I'm guessing Herbie and Mighty Ducks are standard?
You got it. Everything else is Preferred.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #2284
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever eaten here with an allergy? My DD has a gluten allergy and while I check that section, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any good or bad experiences with Movies.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #2285
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Hoping some people here can ease some concerns I have...Recently booked a week long trip to the world to run in the Expedition Everest Challenge in May..staying the first 2 nights/3 days at CBR (one of the sponsor hotels for the race) and then staying 6 nights/7 days at ASMo...

Originally I had wanted to stay at POR but saving the extra money to stay at ASMo seems like a smart move..catch is ive only ever stayed a night or two in a value...will I last a whole week? It is just me travelling (so far) so space in the room wont really be an issue...I just really wanted a nice pool to relax by during the day before hitting the parks in the evening...the pool at ASMo looks nice but is it crowed? How are the CS options there for food? How is the transportation/location to parks? I guess im just a bit nervous committing a whole week to a value, especially after doing a stay at a moderate first, and im not sure whether or not to suck it up and move to POR instead...
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #2286
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Values tend to have better food courts, so that won't be an issue. The pool would be as busy as any disney resort.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #2287
GirlOutlaw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~*
Hoping some people here can ease some concerns I have...Recently booked a week long trip to the world to run in the Expedition Everest Challenge in May..staying the first 2 nights/3 days at CBR (one of the sponsor hotels for the race) and then staying 6 nights/7 days at ASMo...

Originally I had wanted to stay at POR but saving the extra money to stay at ASMo seems like a smart move..catch is ive only ever stayed a night or two in a value...will I last a whole week? It is just me travelling (so far) so space in the room wont really be an issue...I just really wanted a nice pool to relax by during the day before hitting the parks in the evening...the pool at ASMo looks nice but is it crowed? How are the CS options there for food? How is the transportation/location to parks? I guess im just a bit nervous committing a whole week to a value, especially after doing a stay at a moderate first, and im not sure whether or not to suck it up and move to POR instead...
The main Mickey pool can be crowded around dinner and evening but the mighty ducks pool is almost always empty. The food court at movies is great! Lots of options and the staff is super. I just stayed there last valentines for 2 1/2 weeks with DH and DD. the only place that gets overly crowed all the time is the laundry mat you really have to fight for a washer/dryer. Also be warned this hotel can be loud at night with all kinds of tour groups featuring youngsters for sport competitions. That was my only complaint about staying there.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #2288
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
I just really wanted a nice pool to relax by during the day before hitting the parks in the evening...the pool at ASMo looks nice but is it crowed? How are the CS options there for food? How is the transportation/location to parks? I guess im just a bit nervous committing a whole week to a value, especially after doing a stay at a moderate first, and im not sure whether or not to suck it up and move to POR instead...
You can always pool hop to other All Star resorts too if you want to check out different pools different days of your stay.

The counter service was ok when we went, pretty standard.

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #2289
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Values tend to have better food courts, so that won't be an issue. The pool would be as busy as any disney resort.
Thanks...I have stayed at AOA and POP and found their food court to have way better selection that some mod's and deluxe's im sure the All Stars are no different....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlOutlaw View Post
The main Mickey pool can be crowded around dinner and evening but the mighty ducks pool is almost always empty. The food court at movies is great! Lots of options and the staff is super. I just stayed there last valentines for 2 1/2 weeks with DH and DD. the only place that gets overly crowed all the time is the laundry mat you really have to fight for a washer/dryer. Also be warned this hotel can be loud at night with all kinds of tour groups featuring youngsters for sport competitions. That was my only complaint about staying there.
Thanks for the tip on the quiet pool - forgot they had that one...BTW so jealous you got to spend 2 1/2 wks ..i'd love to have that much time in disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
You can always pool hop to other All Star resorts too if you want to check out different pools different days of your stay.

The counter service was ok when we went, pretty standard.
Thanks for the tip on the pool hopping...I didnt know that a room at one all star resort allowed you access to all three resorts pools...this may help with mixing it up a bit and not getting too bored.... thanks!
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #2290
dizzycrazy
Earning My Ears

Question themes

Ok, I know I should read all the pages, but I have not yet, will still try! I was wondering about the themes. I have read the following so far:
Love Bug
Mighty Ducks
Dalmations
Toy Story
Fantasia

Is there any others? Which did you like best and Why?

DH DW DS 10 DD 6 DDog

July 2000 ~ First Trip with DH! Celebrated Second Anniversay! ~ POR
July 2007 ~ First Family Trip to Disney! Celebrated 9th Anniversary! DS 4, DD 9 mo ~ Pop

dizzycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #2291
Lori77
Mouseketeer

Getting Excited!

We will be heading down in 10 days! We've never stayed at AsMo, so we look forward to crossing this resort off of our list! My kids are beside themselves excited, and I can't wait to see their faces when we arrive. I hope we get a Toy Story room.

2013 trips: Feb 10-15, 2013 at AsMo & May 2013 at Pop
2014 trips: Wishes Do Come True! 10th Anniversary Trip April 26-30, 2014 at POP! & First trip solo! August 24-26, 2014 at POP!

Next trip? Hope to visit before Marc 21, 2015 when DS officially turns into a Disney Adult!
Lori77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #2292
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycrazy View Post
Love Bug
Mighty Ducks
Dalmations
Toy Story
Fantasia

Is there any others?
Nope, that's it!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #2293
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

We just booked our first stay here next month. I only booked a standard room. Is there any chance we will be able to get a section other than mighty ducks and herby if we ask for it without booking preferred?

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #2294
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyt_ca View Post
We just booked our first stay here next month. I only booked a standard room. Is there any chance we will be able to get a section other than mighty ducks and herby if we ask for it without booking preferred?
Not ususally and it depends on how busy the resort is at the time. I have asked before at Pop and was told no, but they did move me to a closer room.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #2295
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Well, my last stay was at POR and I would never go back. I hated that place. 1) we haven't even gotten to our room yet and was checking in when a certain DISer mumbled "effing aholes" about my kids. The not clean version of that really. I nearly got up and choked him, but decided against it. My kids were excited a rowdy after being on a plane all day. 2) If you get stuck in a far building, you're screwed as far as walking goes. POR is way too spread out. 3) No disney magic, at least not for kids. And we stayed in a Princess room. Really, the only characters can be found in the gift shop? I found that incredibly odd. Yes, the main pool was nice, but super crowded, and yes I will miss the slide, but that's about it.

I've never stayed at Movies, but at Pop, and I like the layout. Yes, it's no frills, but it's more cpmpact, so you're never far, and Kids love the large icons. So I'm guessing they'll love movies just as much as they loved Pop, if not more (since they're really into 101 Dalmations and Toy Story now).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: