Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #631
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
Relaxin- what a fantastic lifestyle change! I have south respect for the 60 lb weight loss. I know that each and every pound lost is a small victory! Way to go!
I can't imagine how many laps the half and full would require! I would be dizzy!!
So glad to hear your cruise was a good one! What is next on your cruise agenda?
When you run a marathon over 14 days, it is not too bad. And there is not better scenery then a disney ship to run. Okay, Castaway Cay and WDW are better. But just think, every time you run 3 miles, you burn about 300 calories - what a way to make sure that you do not gain too much on the cruise, and you still can enjoy all the great food.

51 weeks until the Fantasy NYE cruise. Today, I went shopping with DD23 and we were trying on the same clothes. I kept getting the size larger than her, and they just did not look right. We ended up buying the same dress in the same size. Still not sure if the style is appropriate of my age, but we thought it would be fun to wear in the summer, sitting on the deck drinking margaritas (hmmm, margaritas are not part of the healthy life style.)
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #632
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Entering a fitness challenge today! It's an 8 week program. I'm pretty nervous about the " before" pictures. Wish me luck!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #633
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears

I feel like I'm cheating with you all working so hard to get the weight off. I'm having the gastric sleeve done next week.... not for the cruise, obviously, but hopefully at least 50 pounds will be off by then!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #634
loribee
Earning My Ears

Good luck on your goals. I saw these posts as I was scrolling through and it jumped out at me as it is what I am thinking...lose before teh cruise. I love the idea of doing excercise on the boat. Different scenery and maybe keep up with the calories
loribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #635
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Loribee- I did some working out on the Magic and it was great! Our upcoming cruise (11 weeks!) is on the Fantasy. I hear that the gym is smaller and it can be tough to get on the equipment :-( I usually work out mid-day anyway, so fingers crossed it won't be too bad!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #636
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

this moth I weigh 233 lbs.
PinkPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #637
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

this moring I weigh 232 lbs
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #638
JoeHiking
Earning My Ears

Weight loss?

Thanks for the information.
JoeHiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #639
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

this moring I weigh 231 lbs.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #640
disneyhoppers
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

This is my first time posting on this thread. We (mil, fil, dh, dd, ds and myself) are cruising 10/13 dream. My mil, dh and I are all trying to lose weight before our cruise. We weigh in every Monday and if I keep at it, my mil will take me shopping before the cruise!!! I have battled my weight since high school with many female medical problems causing me to gain weight. 6 years ago I had a complete hyst at the age of 27. I am now 33 and heavier than I've ever been. My nurse practioner recomended I check out "The 400 Calorie Fix" book. The basic idea is 4-5 400 calorie meals per day making you burn calories consistently instead of your body guessing how many calories your next meal will be. In three weeks of following this method, I have lost 7.4 lbs!!! It has been soooo easy. Never did I think it would be this easy. Anyway, I'll be checking in here now as well for additional support.

Starting weight (3 weeks ago) = 265.4
Today's weigh-in = 258
Total loss = 7.4
disneyhoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #641
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

this moring I weigh 230lbs
Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #642
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Hello all. I've been on an extended absence fr these boards because after a year of logging my foods and eating on plan and running 5 miles every other day (plus classes etc.) I was just frustrated by the same 5 pounds up and down. My sister suggested I get my thyroid checked.
Ding ding ding we have a winner!
So now I'm on meds and ready to do this thing. Disregarding all the small fluctuations last year, I'm down to my last 18 pounds. So lets do this Monday!
Oh. And two weeks until my third half marathon.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #643
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'

When you run a marathon over 14 days, it is not too bad. And there is not better scenery then a disney ship to run. Okay, Castaway Cay and WDW are better. But just think, every time you run 3 miles, you burn about 300 calories - what a way to make sure that you do not gain too much on the cruise, and you still can enjoy all the great food.

51 weeks until the Fantasy NYE cruise. Today, I went shopping with DD23 and we were trying on the same clothes. I kept getting the size larger than her, and they just did not look right. We ended up buying the same dress in the same size. Still not sure if the style is appropriate of my age, but we thought it would be fun to wear in the summer, sitting on the deck drinking margaritas (hmmm, margaritas are not part of the healthy life style.)
Lol. I'm glad there's another cruise running nut like me. The longest single run I've done on deck four was just under ten miles (30 laps). But man it's the best views and so few people get up for the sunrises.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Last edited by cruisecrasher; 02-18-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #644
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Early am run pictures on the Disney Magic

Wow by LoriKetcherside, on Flickr
More pics below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9332468...7632797071494/
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #645
disneyhoppers
Earning My Ears

Today's weight = 254
Total weight loss (5 weeks) = 11.6 lbs!
I'm even ahead if my hubby who usually sneezes and losses weight. Oh yeah and I'm down a size too!
disneyhoppers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: