Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

Lazy River on a budget?

Hi Everyone! DH and I are trying to plan a 5 year Anniversary trip and I have decided that we must stay somewhere with a lazy river. Im a full time Mom of 2-year old twins and I am TIRED!!! I just want to float around all day, then eat and go to the parks in the evening.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
BarryS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post
Hi Everyone! DH and I are trying to plan a 5 year Anniversary trip and I have decided that we must stay somewhere with a lazy river. Im a full time Mom of 2-year old twins and I am TIRED!!! I just want to float around all day, then eat and go to the parks in the evening.

TIA
The Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort has 2 lazy rivers

BarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

The Hilton Orlando on International Drive has a very nice pool area and lazy river,I got it for like $65 on Hotwire a couple of years ago,unfortunately I visited this hotel in January a couple of years ago in one of the coldest cold snaps in the last 10 years with lows near 25 so I never got to try the pool and lazy river,but they were so nice I spent 10-15 minutes walking the area seeing how nice it was.The prices could be low if there's no conventions going on during your dates,I doubt you'll try using a site like Hotwire since you'll be spending a lot of your time in the hotel but you can look around for the best prices on different sites.That area of I-Drive also has a lot of restaurants and attractions and Restaurant row on Sand lake rd is full of restaurants and about 5 minutes away,if you want to visit the theme parks Disney is 15 minutes away,Universal 10 minutes away and Sea World,Aquatica and Discovery Cove 3-5 minutes away.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
JessB320
DIS Veteran

I vote for bonnet creek as well lots of pools, some geared for adults some for kids it's a beautiful place!! It's a timeshare rent points from an owner for best prices!
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

Fantasy World resort

This is an older condo resort but most rooms have been upgraded recently and all are 2 BR 2 Bath with W/D. It is probably about 2 miles from DTD on 192 in Kissimmee. We stayed last year and loved the place so we booked again this year for approx. $100 a night. The highlight of the place is a new pool area with a great lazy river and 2 very good water slides. They also have a great pool Bar with a fantastic happy hour from 4-7. They also have an indoor surf company with in walking distance that you are given a discount too (I think it was $10 for a half hour). We stayed in an upgraded room and it was great, all stainless with an enclosed patio and short walk to the pool.
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post

TIA
Are you going to stay in the lazy river while the kids and hubby to go Disney? Disney is pretty exhausting.

I work full-time, 12-18 hours some days, still have to take care of 4 kids on top of it. Sorry you are so tired. Maybe try some vitamins. Actually a work-out can provide energy.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

We love Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and even with the new $12 daily fee (covers transportation whether you use it or not) it's still a bargain. Staying in a condo there can save you some money on meals as well. There are multiple threads on Bonnet Creek with tips on ways to rent there.

Have not stayed there, but Regal Palms has a lazy river. It's a little further out in Davenport. Not really that far of a drive, but you might want to stay closer to the parks with two young children.

Here's a website with more suggestions. http://www.orlandolazyriver.com/Orla...r/Welcome.html
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We're planning to stay at the Clarion Resort Waterpark.

http://www.orlandolazyriver.com/Orla...r/Clarion.html

I have a lot of Choice hotel points and it's CHEAP to stay here. Room rates also look very low. We're not looking for the best - just an inexpensive place to stay after our Disney cruise - looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.

I'm still considering other places - so we'll see