Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
2littlestitches
Mouseketeer

Just can't take the plunge - but I want to!

A little background - we did the ABD Australia trip a few years ago, and it was probably our best trip ever. We travel a lot (often with DCL or to DL or WDW), and are looking for something for this summer. I have 2 boys who will be 11 and 13 this summer. I've been looking at doing Costa Rica with ABD for quite some time, and I'm really really really thinking of booking it.

But I can't. I just can't. It's SO much $$$$$. So, I looked at doing Costa Rica with Tauck (less, but not that much less in my opinion). Then I spoke with my neighbor who did Costa Rica on their own 2 summers ago and loved it. I know the quality of ABD and if money wasn't a factor, I would've booked it by now. It's just so expensive, and I don't know if I can swing it (or if I should).

So then, I started looking at alternate vacations...Hawaii (Aulani), Disney's Hilton Head resort, going somewhere in the Caribbean. Nothing sounds as good as the ABD Costa Rica. Nothing! It's kind of depressing really. Then I try to crunch numbers and justify booking it. I go back and forth, back and forth. Then I think, "maybe I'll save a bit, go cheaper this summer and do the ABD Costa Rica in 2014." I'm at war with myself.

No real point to this post except that ABD's are so wonderful, and I'd love to do one each and every year if I could. But I just can't. Everything else I think of doing just falls so short. I need new vacation ideas or to quit dreaming of ABD's. Or to just book one already! LOL.
December 2009: 4 Night Bahamian (New Years Eve) Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
July 2010: 12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise (Baltic) aboard the Disney Magic
July 2011: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
March 2014: 3 Night Bahamian Cruise aboard the Disney Dream

Too many WDW trips to count, and several Disneyland California trips.
One amazing trip to Disneyland Paris!
D23's Journey to Marceline, MO - March 2012
5 awesome nights at Aulani - June/July 2014

Best trip ever...Adventures By Disney Australia in 2008.
2littlestitches is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: