Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Tell me about Remy's

DH and I are wanting to dine there one evening to celebrate our 15th anniversary. The menu is overwhelming to me. How does ordering work? What dishes do you recommend? Is there a certain time that is better to dine at then others? Thanks!

ETA: We don't drink alcohol, so I'm not sure how the 'pre-dinner' portion would work for us. Also, is there a way to not have the champagne cocktail? How much alcohol does it contain?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

We love Remy. There are two sides to the menu each was created by a different chef, you can go choose all of your dishes from one side or switch between the two. There are alternate dishes listed below that you can have in place of something. The menu is very customizable to what you like and don't like. Your waiter will explain everything when he brings the menu. My favorite was the waigu beef and the cheese course (not listed on the menu)

We didn't attend the pre-dinner wine pairing thing, it's optional. You can explain to your waiter that you would like forgo the campaign cocktail, they will be very accommodating.

Plan at least three hours for dinner and go hungry. It's worth the experience.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We don't drink alcohol either so the waiter brought us some sort of fruit smoothie instead of the pre-dinner champagne cocktail. The smoothie was so good that DH asked for 2nds on that.

DH ordered from one side of the menu and I ordered from the other. It's all a matter of personal preference.

the waiters give you such a detailed description of the different courses, it made me wonder how long it took to memorize all that.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
calker
Mouseketeer

Our experience

We have only dined in Remy once so I have limited information. I loved the dinner, we already have reservations at Remy for our upcoming cruise in May.

There is no time that I can think of that would be better than any other time. As long as it fits into your schedule, go for a reservation.

We also are not drinkers - we just told the staff that we did not want the wine pairings nor the cocktail and it bacame a non-issue for the entire meal.

Just for your info: Remy also has a bruch on sea days - a limited number of items served on the dinner menu are available.

The staff is very attentive but not intrusive. At the end of our dinner (even after dessert) at Remy, the staff presented us with a plate that had been elaborately decorated with Happy Anniversary. We did not tell the CMs that it was our anniversary, they must have had the info in their records from a previous visit to WDW when we celebrated there. We were very surprised.

calker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: