Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #121
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marytw View Post
That's the only thing I don't like about early dinner--it means early breakfast the last day a s apparently early breakfast with the characters!
We have never made it to the dining room on the morning of disembarkation. We always go up to topsiders for breakfast, that way we can take our time and stuff ourselves silly before we go back to the real world.

Last edited by dismom73; 01-30-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: sp
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #122
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
We have never made it to the dining room on the morning of disembarkation. We always go up to topsiders for breakfast, that way we can take our time and stuff ourselves silly before we go back to the real worls.
After 6 cruises we have decided that breakfast the last morning is too much work for us. We'll be picking up some fruit and cereal the day before to have in our room.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #123
MiceFan
I like this place

Thanks for all the responses! I have been reading that some kids were given the choice between clubs but had to stick with that choice throughout the cruise while others reported that their kids were allowed to switch between clubs as desired. My oldest will most likely want to go back & forth, so this is great news, thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules4172 View Post
They can go to any of the clubs as long as they meet age requirement. Sometimes the staff will bend the age rules a little so your younger sibling can be with his/her older sibling. On our first cruise, my younger one wasn't quite old enough to be in Oceaneer lab but they allowed her in because my older one was there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankysmom View Post
My son is 11 and went to Edge first and never had the desire to go to the Oceaneers Club/Lab. It was mostly younger children that I saw in Oceaneers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our 2 Princesses View Post
Our family was on this cruise with one dd17 and the other dd13 1/2. Our youngest was allowed in the Vibe with no problem at all. We did have to give signed permission and she was no longer allowed in the Edge. After we got her in there though, neither girl went once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgregg View Post
We signed our DD 12 up for both Edge and the Oceaneers Lab. She went to Edge once and to the Lab with her brother a couple of times. They liked the gaga ball and the flubber in the Lab.

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #124
Texan920
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloshfamily View Post
password: disfriends
Thanks for the password
Texan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #125
Texan920
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
The O was for open seating and supposedly wasn't assigned a specific dining room. Did they not have something on your card indicating that? What was your dining rotation?

This was from a different thread that came from their TA about dining rotations. It will be nice to hear from those that actually sailed on this itinerary. Everything so far is speculation and rumors.
Will email you soon, I was not aware that I have private message from you, silly me lol...saw that today and jogged you a quick one but it at the end I was told that I do not have enough post to send pm. Sorry about that.
Texan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #126
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan920 View Post
Will email you soon, I was not aware that I have private message from you, silly me lol...saw that today and jogged you a quick one but it at the end I was told that I do not have enough post to send pm. Sorry about that.

Ah that's ok I understand! Just whenever.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #127
barrey
Earning My Ears

Thanks very much HippoHappy!!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #128
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Character questions...

My DS loves Toy Story. Wondering if Woody, Buzz or Jessie were available to meet on the ship? If not we will try to see them at WDW.

Any characters you were surprised to see on the ship?

Did anyone have their little ones in the nursery? Was there any character interaction?

Both my boys love the characters.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #129
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY
Character questions...

My DS loves Toy Story. Wondering if Woody, Buzz or Jessie were available to meet on the ship? If not we will try to see them at WDW.

Did anyone have their little ones in the nursery? Was there any character interaction?

No Pixar characters to meet on board.

Saw Peter Pan last cruise and Goofy in Texas duds.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #130
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY
Character questions...

I don't know about in the nursery. But in the clubs they have lots of stuff with characters. Chip, Dale, Mickey, Hook, green army guy, Belle and Snow White all were in the club on the Magic last November.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #131
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

A few questions - never cruised before, so bare with me please!

Breakfast & Lunch - is it "your on your own" as to what restaurant you want to go to, its only Dinner that you have a rotation of dinning rooms?

Also - Key West, someone said there is a Free Trolley?!?!?! Where does it go? Are there many stops? We may be taking my parents with us & my Dad can't walk far, so wondered if there are many places for us to pick it up at.

Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #132
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
A few questions - never cruised before, so bare with me please!

Breakfast & Lunch - is it "your on your own" as to what restaurant you want to go to, its only Dinner that you have a rotation of dinning rooms?

Also - Key West, someone said there is a Free Trolley?!?!?! Where does it go? Are there many stops? We may be taking my parents with us & my Dad can't walk far, so wondered if there are many places for us to pick it up at.

Thanks!!
Yes, dinner is the only assigned table/time. For breakfast/lunch, besides the buffet, one of the MDRs will have a buffet, and another one will have sit-down table service. Just check your Navigators for the hours that breakfast/lunch is being served in these locations.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #133
JoeHiking
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
No Pixar characters to meet on board.

Saw Peter Pan last cruise and Goofy in Texas duds.
Bummer
JoeHiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #134
JoeHiking
Earning My Ears

Smile thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
When you get to your room onboard, there will be a ticket with your dining room rotations spelled out on it. Also indicated will be your Character Breakfast. You will be at the same table, with the same servers from dinner.

Our Character Breakfasts have had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale. They will come in and visit each table. Have your camera (and autograph book) ready at all times, they don't stop for long. Each character will have a handler who will use your camera to take pictures, if you wish.
Thank you for the post. I had the same question.
JoeHiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #135
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
Character questions...

It has been awhile since my youngest was in the Nursery, and she only went in I think twice that cruise, but yes, characters came in and took pictures with them and played games for a little bit. The pictures were posted on the wall and you got to keep them for free. I'm not sure if it still works the same way though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: