Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

First time at Coronado! Shuttle question.

This is the first time at CS. I usually stay in POR, FW or ASMu. I've noticed it's more spread out because of the lake. Is it true that there are Golf Cart shuttles to help you get around?

I am in a Standard room don't know where yet and just wanted to prepare myself to get to breakfast in time and then head for RD.

Thanks!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed at CSR yet, but from reading the CSR official thread I believe the golf carts are for the convention people only. Not 100% sure though. If nobody comes along to confirm one way or the other, you might want to ask in the CSR thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
brisus
Mouseketeer

No unfortunately there are not shuttles to bring you to the food court pool etc. However, I guess if you wanted you could hop on a bus at your building and ride it to the front if it was going there. We stayed there a few times and didnt have much trouble walking anywhere. I didnt find it any different than any of the other moderated. Have fun you are going to live it there! It is a beautiful resort!
brisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
disneemama
Mouseketeer

no shuttles but when we left we used one to get to ME at 6am with luggage, very happy about that. We were in Ranchos, which is about a 6 minute walk from the main bldg. Nice walk but not when you have luggage and baby! Wish we knew we could have used them at check in. I will say it was no problem to board a nearby bus to get to the food court. Enjoyed staying at CS, it was our first time there and loved it. Hope you get an upgrade.

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

CSR used to have shuttles but they were eliminated. They only have them now when a convention group pays for them.
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

We stayed at CSR in December & they told us to please utilize their shuttles, and we did! They told us they were not only for luggage services, as most people think. We were in ranchos. We used the golf cart after checking in, when checking out and twice in between when we needed to get to the lobby. Now I'm not sure if they will just come & take you to the pool or something like that, but each time we used them they were super pleasant & more than happy to transport us!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
disneemama
Mouseketeer

@TaraPa thanks for that info, , wish I had ask to use them, as I had a tough time with the trek, oh well next time! And I am already planning my next time. lol. It really is a beautiful resort, the rooms are gorgeous! I loved that they made B & L a buffet at Pepper Market, hope they continue it.

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Shaden
DIS Veteran

When we were there in February 2012, we were told if we needed, just to call for a shuttle (some of our group were out in Ranchos). We were in Casitas, so we didn't need one, perfect location.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Do the buses stop at the food court last before heading to whatever park they are going to? It seems like we could take a bus to get to the food court quickly if we didn't want to walk there.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
Do the buses stop at the food court last before heading to whatever park they are going to? It seems like we could take a bus to get to the food court quickly if we didn't want to walk there.
Going to the parks, the buses stop at El Centro (lobby & food court) last. (Route is stop #2 - Casitas, stop #3 - Ranchos, stop #4 - Cabanas, stop #1 - El Centro, to park.)
Going to DTD, the buses stop at El Centro first. (Route is stop #1, stop #2, stop #3, stop #4, DTD.)

Just be sure to get on a park bus, and you'll be fine. Then get on a DTD bus to get back to your room, and you'll also be fine.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
This is the first time at CS. I usually stay in POR, FW or ASMu. I've noticed it's more spread out because of the lake. Is it true that there are Golf Cart shuttles to help you get around?

I am in a Standard room don't know where yet and just wanted to prepare myself to get to breakfast in time and then head for RD.

Thanks!!
All buses except the DTD bus stop at the main building last.

Unless you are at the furthest Casitas or the Ranchos, getting around is not bad at all.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: