|01-30-2013, 08:58 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
15 people, where would you eat?
We have 3 2-bedroom villas at Beach Club in October and I am in charge of booking dinners for each night. We have 15 people, and part of the "complication" is that we'll be at F&W quite a bit.
My experiences in the past has been limited to just my wife and me, along with different stages of our growing family, 3 girls (7, 4 & 8 months). We eat out every night. We eat breakfast every morning in the room, and plan to do this except for one character breakfast at Cape May.
My question is, while we have spots we like we never look from the perspective of a large group. So, what are the "must-do's" for a large group? A few things to consider:
1) We have 10 adults and 5 kids, and have TIW, so plan to split the check by using the TIW on the 10 adult meals.
2) Cost isn't a huge factor.
3) 2 of the children on the trip will be 5 years old, and this will be their first trip. One boy/one girl. They are already really excited and we have been asked to include on character meal outside of breakfast at Cape May. We've done Akershus with our girls for lunch a number of times, but I'm not sure that works for a group of 15? We are not overly familiar with any of the other character meals so suggestions would be great.
4) I would love to hear from people who have handled planning for large groups, and would love feedback on what you would do differently (or not!).
5) This past November we had an impromptu, early lunch at Yak n Yeti. Even though it was 11:30, and I was not hungry and not feeling great (up most of the night with the baby), I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. When we were there it wasn't crowded, and I'm not a big fan of lunch reservations, would we need one there? It was only 1/3rd full when we left and on a weekday in October I'm not sure it'd be much busier? Part of my issue is that I don't want to overplan, and I feel like lunch ADR's can lead to overplanning...are they only open for lunch?
Most of our stays have been at the Beach Club so we are quite familiar with that area, but are aware that dynamics change with a large group. For instance, we enjoy Teppan Edo, but I know that wouldn't work. I also have to factor in F&W.
Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. We will have 8 nights, and are leaning towards one night at the Cape May buffet (probably the last night) in addition to a character breakfast, so I basically have 7 nights to plan. Thanks!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|