Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
zomama
Mouseketeer

POR pull down bed for a toddler

Is there a way to put a side rail on it? how high off the ground is it? Thinking about having my just turning 3 year old ds sleep here because he has outgrown the pack n play and hates sharing a bed!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

If you bring a rail, it is possible to put one up - but the mattress is not that heavy, so be careful that it will stay in place once set up.

It is about a foot and a half off the floor when opened, it opens out and rests on top of the bench part of the built-in.

I actually spent a couple of nights on it during our trip in November, and while it is too short for most adult people it isn't that bad. Comfort-wise I actually find it a great improvement over the old trundles, which I had also tried over the years.
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

that bed is for 9 and under. disney website states "Some rooms offer a banquette bed. (Banquette bed is 35" X 65" and not recommended for Guests over 9 years of age)"

you do not have to bring bed rails. disney provides them free of charge. housekeeping will bring it to you
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
neville04
Mouseketeer

you can actually request that they put a bed rail in the room- we did that last year when we went- we actually requested two just to be safe- one for each side- they will actually put it on the bed for you too!

past trips: dec 11' -POFQ, Mar 10' offsite, Dec 01' - all stars movies
neville04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
that bed is for 9 and under. disney website states "Some rooms offer a banquette bed. (Banquette bed is 35" X 65" and not recommended for Guests over 9 years of age)"

you do not have to bring bed rails. disney provides them free of charge. housekeeping will bring it to you
If you read over on the POR thread, many people have reported their older children and even the parents have slept in it and found it to be very comfortable.

It isn't like housekeeping is going to tell on you if someone over the age of 9 is using it. I am 52 and barely 5'-0" tall; I am sure I would have no trouble sleeping on it.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville04
you can actually request that they put a bed rail in the room- we did that last year when we went- we actually requested two just to be safe- one for each side- they will actually put it on the bed for you too!
did you put the bed rails on the pull down bed?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

We took the two small alligator pillows from the queen beds and tucked them under the fitted sheet of the pull down bed. It kept my 2 year old from rolling out and she felt "snug and cozy".

Housekeeping left them there until the 4th day when they changed the bedding. We just put them back and there they stayed until we left.
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

If you grab a pool noodle from the dollar store you can stick it under the fitted sheet and it will serve as a bumper
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you grab a pool noodle from the dollar store you can stick it under the fitted sheet and it will serve as a bumper
Someone else mentioned this idea.... good idea but trying to fit that in your luggage would be a challenge! LOL!
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

I'm sure weight has more to do with it then length. So hopefully the heavier weight doesn't break the pull down or hurt the next child to use it if someone larger than a nine year old made it unsafe and loose. Love how people think they are above rules.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
I'm sure weight has more to do with it then length. So hopefully the heavier weight doesn't break the pull down or hurt the next child to use it if someone larger than a nine year old made it unsafe and loose. Love how people think they are above rules.
It says it's not recommended, that doesn't make it a rule.

ETA
I just went to the WDW website and it let me book a room at POR for 2 adults, a 10yo, 11yo and 12yo.

Last edited by msjprincess; 01-30-2013 at 09:42 AM.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: