Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
.....Disney you own for something like 25 years.
Just thought I'd pop in here. You own for 40 years, not 25. We are definitely not "Disney addicts", but in our opinion it is worth every penny. We've taken all of our Disney cruises using points, cruised on Holland America to Alalska using our points, given friends points when we couldn't use them and they's stayed at Topnotch at Stowe (5 star resort) and the Mardarin Oriental in DC (where the inaugural balls have been held). You aren't just tied into Disney properties and locations. It's also tied in to RCI for locations. It's all personal choice.

Quote:

Tonight's adult entertainment were Alfred & Seymour. Holy cow these guys were absolutely hilarious...they used music, comedy (both slapstick and verbal), made fun of each other, and clearly have a great time putting on the show. I ran into one of them several times through the rest of the cruise and had a couple quick conversations with him. They were doing a family show the next night...but more on that later.

These guys were the best! We saw them on our Mexican cruise. I've never seen DH laugh as hard as he was laughing during this show. All I can say is (1) I'm glad we were not late and (2) did not sit in the front row!

On the final night of our cruise, as our table was always one of the very last to leave the dining room (we were late seating), we suddenly heard someone yell across about 4 tables "Hey, you owe me change from my bill!" We looked over and lo and behold it was Alfred and Seymour. DH went over and chatted with them and Alfred started saying he loves New Yorkers because we "get their jokes" and the Californians just don't get them and have to go back to their cabins and think about it before they can laugh. Of course the people we were with were from California, so it led to a rather heated debate in the dining room. We ended up walking out and chatting with them and when we got to the main atrium, DH asked if it would be okay if I took a picture of him with them. Well as it was the final night and there were character photos taking place in the atrium, it was PACKED. Suddenly Alfred yells (and I mean yells) "Hey, you in the white outfit, come make yourself useful and take a picture so she can be in the picture with us." It was one of the "white suits" and now that he had been so loud, it seemed as if everyone in the atrium was watching as pictures were taken. Yes, quite the last dinner!

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: