Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #3211
Distopia
Mouseketeer

A Heartfelt Thanks

We are finally back and getting settled back in after an amazing 2 weeks at POR! This was easily the best trip yet--the weather was (mostly) great, everything went smoothly, we had the most beautiful room we've ever had and we all had a blast!

I wanted to give a special thanks to Venomhatch who helped me sort out a complicated situation with our booking. It really made everything magical. Thank you so much for what you did and for the help you so freely give on this thread. I wasn't fortunate enough to run into you during our stay, but we will be back! Best wishes!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #3212
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distopia View Post
We are finally back and getting settled back in after an amazing 2 weeks at POR! This was easily the best trip yet--the weather was (mostly) great, everything went smoothly, we had the most beautiful room we've ever had and we all had a blast!

I wanted to give a special thanks to Venomhatch who helped me sort out a complicated situation with our booking. It really made everything magical. Thank you so much for what you did and for the help you so freely give on this thread. I wasn't fortunate enough to run into you during our stay, but we will be back! Best wishes!
Hey there, glad to see you were we'll taken care of. Glad to be of help, just trying to share the magic!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #3213
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Hitting the POR Riverside in 6 weeks to celebrate my sweet girls 5th birthday and her adoption or 'Forever Family day". We are getting a standard Royal room. We have finally made all of our ADR's for the 4 days. Does the boat only go to DTD? Just wondering. We are thinking of hitting a restaurant there and having our central fl family meet us there to celebrate. What other things can we do around the report? I want to make some amazing memories before she has another big surgery and will be unable to walk for a while (she was born with severe club feet).Any suggestions are welcome? Not sure what other threads to check as disboards is a bit intimidating.

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #3214
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

I have my fax request ready to go we check in Feb 9 but I can't find how far in advance you fax it. We are in RR and requesting 3rd floor do I fax now or closer to arrival date.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #3215
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
I have my fax request ready to go we check in Feb 9 but I can't find how far in advance you fax it. We are in RR and requesting 3rd floor do I fax now or closer to arrival date.
Send it tomorrow morning your well within the window of time.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #3216
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
We made it! We arrived at POR last night around 9:30pm, and I can already tell this is my favourite resort by far. It is gorgeously themed, and so very...peaceful compared to the value resorts.

We walked around the grounds while waiting for our luggage to magically appear, and I was struck by the sheer quietness of this place. Love! Love! Love!

We'll see if it's still peaceful by the light of day...

For those of you arriving soon, I wish you a wonderful journey.
Have a great trip! I'm jealous - next September seems so far away!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #3217
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
Last time I asked, the room assignment manager suggested 3-5 days in advance as the ideal time period for routine faxes, as they tend to look at blocking out any specific room needs around then. Very much longer than that and sometimes faxes might be put to one side in the meantime, which may not be the best option.

If there is some more detailed or medical reason for the fax, they can now access booking information just as soon as it has been placed into the main Reservations system when you first book, and action requests earlier.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #3218
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The new keycard touch-to-pay terminals were activated at Port Orleans this morning (a few days later than first planned due to some technical teething problems). You can now pay using your RFID-chip based room keycard at all of the Port Orleans lobbies, shops, restaurants and bars (along with the theme parks and other WDW locations). As far as I know, you cannot use the new system in the laundry rooms, arcades, lockers, etc. though.

Also, if you check in online from now on you should be offered the option of setting up a security PIN number for your keycard, which will save a little bit of time creating one when you arrive. The original intention was to only use the PIN numbers for transactions over $50 at WDW, but more recently all transactions require you to enter your PIN.

Andre
Thanks Andre for the information. Would love to see the laundry go to RFID instead of quarters.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #3219
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Faxed sent in for our magical Feb 2-9 trip

Yeah! We are all so excited about our upcoming trip at Port Orleans Riverside. We have several celebrations and it will be somewhat of a family reunion.

A great thank you to Vernom, Andrew and the rest of the posters for your inside information.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #3220
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandMichael View Post
Hitting the POR Riverside in 6 weeks to celebrate my sweet girls 5th birthday and her adoption or 'Forever Family day". We are getting a standard Royal room. We have finally made all of our ADR's for the 4 days. Does the boat only go to DTD? Just wondering. We are thinking of hitting a restaurant there and having our central fl family meet us there to celebrate. What other things can we do around the report? I want to make some amazing memories before she has another big surgery and will be unable to walk for a while (she was born with severe club feet).Any suggestions are welcome? Not sure what other threads to check as disboards is a bit intimidating.
The water taxi for POR/POFQ stops at the Marketplace dock right outside RFC. T-Rex, Paradiso 37, and Raglan Road are a short walk away.

There is also a water taxi that takes you over to SSR; which has a wonderful restaurant called the Turf Club.

At the Westside dock, there is a water taxi that goes over to OKW, which has another little gem, Olivia's Cafe. That is a wonderful leisurely ride. You can either take the water taxi from Marketplace and transfer at the dock or you can walk over to the Westside and take the water taxi directly from there.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #3221
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Good morning from POR!!

We are here & this resort is stunning!!!! Pictures online do not do it justice AT ALL. The RRs are spectacular - not too girly. They really are gorgeous.

Had a few issues with the new RFID cards yesterday but nothing major. Check-in took quite a long time. The in-training CMs at check in were very nice but it just took a while - with 5 kids who had been up since 4am - the 30 minute process was not a good start.

Delivery of our bags took a long time as well. We arrived at 11:30 and our bags didn't arrive until sometime after we left for our Dinner ADR (4:30). Good thing we didn't need to change.

The CMs here are all so friendly.

Weather looks good for today so we are explorinf the resort today & heading to MK tomorrow!

Thank you once again to Venomhatch & Andre for all of their info & help for this resort

We are having a fabulous time!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #3222
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I am so happy for you! My time is getting close and I am just so ready to get my vacation started at POR; I missed last year.

I agree; you couldn't find a nicer staff at a resort. Definitely check out Todd, John, and Holly in the lounge, as well as Yee-hah Bob. He is a not-to-be-missed attraction at POR.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #3223
Shlooma
Earning My Ears

Am I asking for too much?

One week until our 1st trip to POR (Feb6-16). We are so unbelievably excited.
I am just about to prepare our fax but wanted to make sure I wasn't requesting too many things. We have a garden view room booked.
My DD11 is obsessed with fancy homes (probably because we don't live in one, LOL) so I wanted to ask for the mansion section. My DS, who will turn 10 while we are on vacation, is a big swimmer, and will spend as much time as possible in the pool despite it being Feb ( can you tell we're from Canada?). So that he won't freeze on the way back to the room, I want to request a room close to the bridge to Ol' Man Island. Lastly (and least importantly), my DH and I would prefer a top floor room.
Do you think asking for mansions, close to bridge and top floor is too much?

Thank you to all who write on this thread. I rarely post but have been reading this thread daily (and often multiple times a day) for 6 months!! I have learned so much. I cannot believe the trip is in 7 days!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #3224
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlooma View Post
Do you think asking for mansions, close to bridge and top floor is too much?
Nope. And the way you have it worded right here is perfect. Lets the room assigner know exactly what you are looking for.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #3225
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

I was wondering in anyone knew what our chances would be for a bayou room? We are a family of four arriving in June

Thank you,

DH DS DD
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: