Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

Pick and choose what you $ on dining plan?

We have the dining plan for 1 TS/ 1 snack and 1 CS per day. What If we want to have 2 TS a few day...1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner in the evening. We currently have more ADR's made then we have TS credits for. Will disney always insist on scanning our card until the TS are used up or can we pick and choose how we want to pay for our TS meals?
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

You don't have to use your dining credits if you want to pay out of pocket. Just tell them how you are paying. If you have to pay cash for some of your TS, I would consider paying cash for breakfast as that is usually less expensive. Have a great trip.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

You can choose the restaurants where you want to use the dining plan and where you want to pay OOP.

You can even have some in your group pay with dining credits and some OOP at the same meal. At TS restaurants just let your server know who will be using the plan and who will be OOP. At CS places I usually do separate transactions when I'm mixing credits and OOP.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
If you have to pay cash for some of your TS, I would consider paying cash for breakfast as that is usually less expensive. Have a great trip.
Totally agree! Especially with the character meals, breakfast is always less expensive so choose those to pay OOP.

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
BuffaloJim
Mouseketeer

Not only can you pick and choose what meals you want to use the DP for, you can also use the DP on only some of the meals at a single sitting. In other words, if two out of five meals are cheap at a particular restaurant, you can pay cash for them and save the credits for later.

And overbooking your ADRs is a very good idea. We overbooked by more than 10% and still managed to have one DP credit left over. But I was still happy with the value we got from the DP.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: