Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #91
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

So sorry you had a disappointing experience at LTT. It certainly sounds like not only your server, but the kitchen was having a bad day. We've been very lucky with each of our visits, my husband had the Pilgrim's Feast in October and declared it his favourite meal of the trip. I'm glad dessert saved things a little for your family, that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is decadent!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #92
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Bummer about LTT. Kinda makes me glad we ended up canceling our ressie there well before our trip. Desserts looked great though!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #93
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm sorry you had a poor experience at LTT. It's amazing how much a poor or disinterested server can impact your meal.

I hope you give this place another try - it was one of our favorite lunches on our last trip! Just double-check and make sure you don't have the same server next time.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #94
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I want to go to LTT just for the cake... The rest of the menu doesn't really appeal to me but that cake.... It looks so horribly wonderful!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #95
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
That's so disappointing about LTT.....there's nothing worse than starting your experience with an absentee / put off server. That happened to us at Sci- fi and it went form bad to worse.

I have to admit, I'm rethinking LTT now after reading your review.....for "meh", its a lot of money to spend on a meal..... I'm so glad you posted this.
We enjoyed LTT in the past (we had been there 1 other time), so we were just amazed at the difference between the 2 visits. LTT is definately out of rotation for our Oct trip, but I'm willing to give it a try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Hmmm, I'm rethinking LTT as well. We've never eaten here, but liked that it was in MK. I'm not sire now though, I hate to waste more park time to leave for a meal though so we may just brave it.
Definately give it a try. We have been there 1 other time and enjoyed it. I hope it was just an "off" day and the quality of the restraunt is not taking a downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Our experience at LTT was ok also. The restaurant was a little dirty, but the service was wonderful (and so was the ooey gooey toffee cake). We were disappointed with the crab dip, but it looks like they changed the recipe at least. Ours was a bizarre grayish orange color and didn't taste good at all. It looks as though the recipe and the presentation have changed, which doesn't sound like a bad thing. Too bad about the veggie burger; I hope it doesn't curb your child's enthusiasm about all veggie burgers! Most are quite good I've found.

Thanks so much to all for the help posting the links! Your advice worked beautifully.
EEEK...grayish orange crab dip??

We were definately happy that the desserts were having a stellar day and were amazing -- so we at least ended on a high note.

Glad the advice posting links worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
So sorry you had a disappointing experience at LTT. It certainly sounds like not only your server, but the kitchen was having a bad day. We've been very lucky with each of our visits, my husband had the Pilgrim's Feast in October and declared it his favourite meal of the trip. I'm glad dessert saved things a little for your family, that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is decadent!
Definately a bad day at LTT!! I wont kick LTT off the list forever, but its out of rotation for our next trip. The Ooey Gooey Toffee cake is DIVINE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Bummer about LTT. Kinda makes me glad we ended up canceling our ressie there well before our trip. Desserts looked great though!
Yes, it was not a great meal -- not the worst of the trip as you will find out later though Thankfully the desserts saved the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm sorry you had a poor experience at LTT. It's amazing how much a poor or disinterested server can impact your meal.

I hope you give this place another try - it was one of our favorite lunches on our last trip! Just double-check and make sure you don't have the same server next time.
We will definately give LTT another try. Its definately out for our Oct trip since we will focus on F&W mostly, but perhaps next year we will give it a try again. I will need that Ooey Gooey Toffee cake again by that time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I want to go to LTT just for the cake... The rest of the menu doesn't really appeal to me but that cake.... It looks so horribly wonderful!
Go for dessert!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #96
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey - Dec 21 - 730pm

On the evening of December 21, we had a 730pm ADR for Chef Mickey.

We had to be out of MK by 7pm as the last MVMCP of the year was taking place that night. Bo wanted to just ride the monorail over instead of walking.

We arrived at CR just a few minutes after 7pm, and after checking out the holiday decorations, we went and checked in about 720pm. They handed us our buzzer and sent us over for our picture. Afterwards, we went to sit down and just a few moments later our buzzer was going off. We were seated about 745pm.

Our waitress came by and took our drink orders and told us to hold off since Minnie was only 2 tables away. After Minnie we had a few minutes before the next round of characters would be by.

I helped Jaxon get his plate and there was a line of people, so I apologize that again, I do not have buffet pictures.

My plate was NOT very exciting -- I warn you now!! There was not a whole lot that sounded good (until I got to the dessert area )

My plate consisted of...BBQ chicken, carrots, parmesean mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and a roll. I was so ashamed of my plate (and quickly inundated by characters) that I did not get a picture of my exciting plate until after I had already eaten some. Apologies!!

The BBQ chicken was just ok - a bit dry in my opinion. The mashed potatoes were good. The macaroni and cheese was fine. The carrots were fine. The chicken nuggets were fine. The roll was ok.

I see you all rushing out to book ADRs right now with my stellar review

No, I wasnt expecting much with this meal. We were doing it for the kids. They had a great time and thats all that mattered.

Thankfully the desserts were good!!

My dessert plate Oreo "mouse", carrot cake, banana cream pie, bread pudding. I didnt care for the Oreo "mouse" (but I am wishy-washy on chocolate), but I did enjoy the carrot cake, banana cream pie and bread pudding.

Bo's dessert plates Oreo "mouse", banana cream pie & I cant remember (and didnt write down what that other one was) & then a plate of bread pudding.

I dont have the receipt for this meal, so I cant provide an accurate total. 6 TS credits used.

Would we return?? For the characters, yes. For the food, well...I guess as long as my kids request this meal we will have to find something here to eat. I think we may try breakfast next time though.

Since this review was lacking much substance, I will do another review tonight, which will be Kona.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #97
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I have to say, we ate at Chef Mickeys for breakfast and my review would sound like yours, except for the desserts that don't exist at breakfast. We had great character interaction and a wonderful server, however a lot of the food was sub par!

By the way, I'm so stoked for Kona Cafe as that's on my list of possibilities for our summer trip this year!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #98
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to say, we ate at Chef Mickeys for breakfast and my review would sound like yours, except for the desserts that don't exist at breakfast. We had great character interaction and a wonderful server, however a lot of the food was sub par!

By the way, I'm so stoked for Kona Cafe as that's on my list of possibilities for our summer trip this year!
Oh goodness, I was hoping CM bkfst might be better

Kona breakfast is great -- highly recommended! That review is coming up right now!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #99
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Kona - Dec 22 - 905am

On Saturday Dec 22, we had a 905am ADR at Kona.

We arrived right at 905am and had to wait a few minutes before we were seated.

We were shown to our table, and Chris was our waiter. He came by right away and told us he would be with us shortly (the place was PACKED!!).

Chris came back a few minutes later and took our drink orders. Hunter and I ordered Lilikoi juice, Bo ordered Kona press pot (OOP), Harper, Jaxon & Evan all had chocolate milk.

For our entrees, Hunter & I both ordered Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote choice of ham, bacon, or sausage. We both ordered ours with ham. I only use a small portion of the strawberry compote to avoid it being too sweet.

SOOOOO DELICIOUS!! Breakfast perfection on a plate!!

Bo ordered Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage. He ordered this with a side of ham also. He gave this a big -- I agree it is good, but I dont think I could ever stray from Tonga Toast.

Harper ordered French Toast - with choice of ham, bacon or sausage. She ordered this with sausage. She ate quite a bit of this.

Jaxon had Mickey Pancakes - buttermilk pancakes shaped like you-know-who. We ordered fresh fruit for his side. This was a lot of food for a 4 year old, so he ate the 2 small pancakes and a few bites of of the big pancake and most of the fruit.

Evan had Minnie's French Toast - rolled in cinnamon sugar. We ordered the side of fresh fruit for him as well. He ate 1 1/2 pieces of the french toast and most of the fruit.

Kona Press Pot (be sure to get a to-go cup if you dont finish!! ). I dont drink coffee, so this was all for Bo. Again, this was paid for OOP.

Total for the meal (not including the Kona Press Pot) before the automatic 18% gratuity was $74.99. 6 TS credits used.

Kona is delicious! Probably my favorite breakfast
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #100
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

I am so excited for breakfast at Kona and the French Press Pot. I would love to try the Tonga toast, except I HATE bananas, so I am guessing it will be the pineapple pancakes for me

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #101
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
I am so excited for breakfast at Kona and the French Press Pot. I would love to try the Tonga toast, except I HATE bananas, so I am guessing it will be the pineapple pancakes for me
Kona is definately a favorite for breakfast for us

Since you dont like bananas, then yes, Tonga Toast would not be a good choice -- but those macadamia pancakes are very yummy too!

Hope you have a great experience there!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #102
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Tonga Toast is Ah-mazing! We didn't eat at Kona but we stayed at the Poly and had the Tonga Toast from Captain Cooks.

Sorry to hear about Chef Mickey's - we went for the characters and enjoyed but it was for breakfast which had a really good assortment for all the selective eaters in our group. I would highly recommend.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #103
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti

Oh goodness, I was hoping CM bkfst might be better

Kona breakfast is great -- highly recommended! That review is coming up right now!!
Maybe my expectations were too high for CM? Everyone raves about it, but we thought the food at CP and Cape May were much better. We'd do it again for the characters though.

Kona sounds delish! Both Tonga Toast and the Macadamia Pancakes sound amazing! Definitely adding this to our ADRs! Now how to chose which one to eat?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #104
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Tonga Toast is Ah-mazing! We didn't eat at Kona but we stayed at the Poly and had the Tonga Toast from Captain Cooks.

Sorry to hear about Chef Mickey's - we went for the characters and enjoyed but it was for breakfast which had a really good assortment for all the selective eaters in our group. I would highly recommend.
I had heard that Captain Cooks has Tonga Toast -- thats awesome if for some reason I ever crave it, but didnt book Kona.

I think we will try CM bkfst -- maybe this next trip this Fall. The character interaction is so fun.

Quote:
Maybe my expectations were too high for CM? Everyone raves about it, but we thought the food at CP and Cape May were much better. We'd do it again for the characters though.

Kona sounds delish! Both Tonga Toast and the Macadamia Pancakes sound amazing! Definitely adding this to our ADRs! Now how to chose which one to eat?
We love CP and Cape May bkfsts too!

Definately add Kona to your ADRs!! We had the perfect blend since I wanted Tonga Toast and DH wanted the macadamia pancakes. I could get the item I really wanted, but still be able to get a bit of the other
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #105
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I REALLY need to try Kona one of these days... although I would have a tough time picking between the Tonga Toast and the Macademia Pineapple Pancakes!

Everything looked very, very good.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: