Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

Question March Hours?

So far the “official” March hours are posted through Tuesday, March 12th and it looks like there will be no Fantasmic! shows during the week.

Looking at last year’s hours, F! was offered 2x a day, everyday during the spring break season. We are planning 4 park days, 3/10 through 3/13. We were planning on going to DCA on 3/10. If we stick with that schedule and the hours don’t change, we won’t get to see F!

For all of you who have “been there / done that”, what do you think will happen? Is it LIKELY Disney will extend the hours and add more showings of F!?

We can go to the parks on Saturday, but I would prefer to go Sun through Wednesday. We definitely want to see F!

I am the family vacay planner and usually have everything 100% done with packets printed for everyone. DL seems so laid back about dining ressies and park hours, it is killing me! lol On the other hand, I am totally looking forward to less stress at DL than WDW.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Spring break times will vary each year depending on when Easter falls. Since it takes place on 3/31 this year, the extended hours will more likely take place the week before Easter and after.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaBelle View Post
So far the “official” March hours are posted through Tuesday, March 12th and it looks like there will be no Fantasmic! shows during the week.

Looking at last year’s hours, F! was offered 2x a day, everyday during the spring break season. We are planning 4 park days, 3/10 through 3/13. We were planning on going to DCA on 3/10. If we stick with that schedule and the hours don’t change, we won’t get to see F!

For all of you who have “been there / done that”, what do you think will happen? Is it LIKELY Disney will extend the hours and add more showings of F!?

We can go to the parks on Saturday, but I would prefer to go Sun through Wednesday. We definitely want to see F!

I am the family vacay planner and usually have everything 100% done with packets printed for everyone. DL seems so laid back about dining ressies and park hours, it is killing me! lol On the other hand, I am totally looking forward to less stress at DL than WDW.
We are going at the same time as you, and I think Disney considers it pre-spring break. It doesn't surprise me that Fantasmic isn't showing that week. We are going to start at DCA on the 9th, then end at DL for Fantasmic and fireworks. While Saturday will be more crowded than mid week, the longer hours should make up for it. It does surprise me that the parks don't open until 9 however- the weekend before DL starts at 8 on Saturday. I will be watching to see if that changes....

I just wanted to add- I get what you are saying- last year weekday Fantasmic started what 4 weeks before Easter and this year just 2? It is a big difference...things could change...I don't really know except it does make it hard to plan
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
dtnrhi
Mouseketeer

This is when I am going. It is Arizona and Utahs spring break for sure. I went a few years ago during my break and they ended up extending the hours day of after they gauged the crowds.
dtnrhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

FYI Disney doesn't always add the shows to the schedule when it first comes out....example World of Color wasn't on the first weekend of March schedule until 1 1/2 weeks after the hours were posted....just keep checking, it still might show up!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

TY for all of the information. It is just frustrating to be so close and not really know how things are going to play out.

We love traveling with extended family, but it does present its own set of challenges and DL is not helping.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
mathmom32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnrhi
This is when I am going. It is Arizona and Utahs spring break for sure. I went a few years ago during my break and they ended up extending the hours day of after they gauged the crowds.
I don't know anywhere in Utah that has spring break then. I live in Utah and our break is the first week in April.
mathmom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
dtnrhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmom32

I don't know anywhere in Utah that has spring break then. I live in Utah and our break is the first week in April.
St. George does. I have family there.
dtnrhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
mathmom32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnrhi

St. George does. I have family there.
Ah, gotcha. St George has a Spring break schedule that coincides with the local college. We have good friends that live there. In fact they joined us at DLR during their spring break 3 years ago. It was a very quiet week in the parks. But the rest of Utah has spring break later, THAT'S when you want to worry about Utahn's adding to the crowds. St George is small enough that it makes little impact on the crowds.
mathmom32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: