Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #1756
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share a couple things...

1. I just found my email from rundisney with final race instructions for the ToT and it was 17 days before the race. So I guess we could be waiting till 2/7 a little more than one more week.

2. Got my longest run in to date today. 10.96 miles! with a pace of 10:17. I am beginning to feel like I am almost prepared enough for the phm.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #1757
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
2. Got my longest run in to date today. 10.96 miles! with a pace of 10:17. I am beginning to feel like I am almost prepared enough for the phm.
Girlfriend, you are DEFINITELY prepared! You're gonna do great!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #1758
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. I just found my email from rundisney with final race instructions for the ToT and it was 17 days before the race. So I guess we could be waiting till 2/7 a little more than one more week.

Thats a great pace
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #1759
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:

You are doing sooooo GREAT ! Can I bribe you to have my mimosa waiting at the finish line since at my current pace I'll be a good half hour behind you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
So, I was just on runDisney and in the Runner Info section under waivers, they changed the wording to say that waivers will be provided approximately two weeks weeks before the race. Didn't it used to say 30 days prior?

UGH...does that mean almost another two weeks before we get them? I want it now only because it means we're that much closer and I need a vacation!

Holly
I just went on rundisney and noticed too it has been changed since last night from 30 days to two weeks. You would think this was their first race !

Any of the Florida Princess' have a long term weather forecast for Feb ? I know here in TX it looks like above avg for Feb.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #1760
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
What is up with runDisney? No waivers or bib numbers or corrals on time, no final instructions, no Princess merchandise (except pins and purses)...we don't even know who the featured Princess is. Not feeling the magic right now. I've been injured and could use a pick-me-up, so many of us are training in freezing cold temps....ugh. It is so close yet so far. runDisney, throw us a bone please!!!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Agreed.

You would think since it's an anniversary year we would be getting more information by now and not less. I would love to just see some merchandise at this point. I don't buy the purses (could care less) so I would love to see some of the shirts.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #1761
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

You are doing sooooo GREAT ! Can I bribe you to have my mimosa waiting at the finish line since at my current pace I'll be a good half hour behind you !

I just went on rundisney and noticed too it has been changed since last night from 30 days to two weeks. You would think this was their first race !

Any of the Florida Princess' have a long term weather forecast for Feb ? I know here in TX it looks like above avg for Feb.
I live in SE Fla. and they can't predict the weather here from day to day! Right now, it is 80

Old 01-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #1762
charwinter
Earning My Ears

Run or no?

Had my gallbladder removed a couple of weeks ago. Already registered for the princess and can't get a refund. Not sure if my body will be ready to do 13.1 I have no idea what to do. Besides the fact that it would be a total waste of my $$

Thoughts on what I should do!? Pros vs cons?

Also does anyone know how to get in touch with someone at run Disney? Left a message, emailed and tried calling again. So frustrated. I just need to change the email address my correspondence is being sent to.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #1763
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

So we went 7 miles today! I'm proud that I finished, but now I am super worried about finishing without being swept! We made it with a 13min pace, but I was definitely dying by the time we got home. I am panicking that there is no way I can finish.

Any suggestions, tips, thoughts?
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #1764
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck
So we went 7 miles today! I'm proud that I finished, but now I am super worried about finishing without being swept! We made it with a 13min pace, but I was definitely dying by the time we got home. I am panicking that there is no way I can finish.

First I'll say that I'm not an advocate of"banking" time. That being said, if you can maintain 13 mm for 7 like like you've already done, you've technically "banked" 21 minutes. So for the last 6 miles you would just have to maintain 19:30 minute miles, a slow walking pace. You got this!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #1765
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post

I agree with the previous gal who mentioned "banking" time...if you have a cushion built up you could relax a little on the last few.

Also....why not try a 14 or 15 min mile ? Maybe a little slower pace would give you more energy to finish the rest. One of the first things our running coach told us was to start out at a comfortable pace...you can always speed up if you feel better.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #1766
dismikki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charwinter
Had my gallbladder removed a couple of weeks ago. Already registered for the princess and can't get a refund. Not sure if my body will be ready to do 13.1 I have no idea what to do. Besides the fact that it would be a total waste of my $$

Also does anyone know how to get in touch with someone at run Disney? Left a message, emailed and tried calling again. So frustrated. I just need to change the email address my correspondence is being sent to.
I deferred this race last year because of an injury. I used the contact us email on the run Disney page. That eventually got me to the right person. They do have a cutoff date, but I think it has some wiggle room. They were very nice. You get a special link to register for another race. Good luck!

September 2003 Coronado Springs
October 2004 Wilderness Lodge
July 2005 Port Orleans-Riverside
December 2006 Port Oleans Riverside
July 2009 Disneyland
Sept 2009 Expedition Everest Challenge! AllStar Sports
February 2013 Princess Half Marathon-Carribean Beach
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #1767
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You are SO ready! That's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post

Congrats on your 7 miler! I think you'll be fine for race day. Agree with earlier poster who suggested perhaps a slightly slower pace to start out with that won't leave you quite so fatigued by the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charwinter View Post

Oh, no! So sorry to hear that you had to have surgery. Sending some your way.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #1768
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
So, I was just on runDisney and in the Runner Info section under waivers, they changed the wording to say that waivers will be provided approximately two weeks weeks before the race. Didn't it used to say 30 days prior?

UGH...does that mean almost another two weeks before we get them? I want it now only because it means we're that much closer and I need a vacation!

Holly
Hey Holly! I am doing the Princess this year (5th time!) and am in Southern Maine, too! Just saying hi!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #1769
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids

Hey Holly! I am doing the Princess this year (5th time!) and am in Southern Maine, too! Just saying hi!
Wowie! 5 times, that is awesome.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #1770
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
PrincessV (and anyone else that might have any input from experience...) do I remember you saying a while back that you started seeing a chiro for some of your issues and that it helped tremendously? Do you mind if I ask what sort of things they are doing for you? I've had this new back issue crop up and a hip problem that I've had for what seems like forever and my trainer referred me to hers...I have an appointment on Wednesday. This back issue just cropped up during the Tink race and literally had me in tears post race, walking back to the shuttles...they are REALLY FAR from the finish at DL...and seems like even further when you're hurting. Anyway, my trainer said she wouldn't normally want someone to do something different this close to a race day, but if it was giving me that much trouble she's afraid it may sieze up on me during PHM so wants me getting some sort of treatment ASAP for the next few weeks. I'm just sort of curious what sorts of things they have done for you, if you didn't mind sharing?
I can't recommend the chiro enough. I swear, these days, mine is like my second husband. I normally go once every 4 weeks for regular maintenance. But with the race coming and the IT band/knee issues I've been having, I've been seeing him once a week. He is a miracle worker. Each Sunday, do my long run, hobble around on the bum knee after. See him Monday, I'm jumping around at Zumba on Monday night. I've had improvement with the problem as well, and aside from realizing I was in the wrong shoes, I think my adjustments and him working on my knee has helped too. Even though I see him weekly between now and the race, I am thinking I'm going to go in once more the morning of the day I leave for WDW. but yeah, I'm one of those chiropractic cures all people lol. Every time I go, my kids get adjusted as well.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge

Last edited by LoveMyMoos; 01-29-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: