Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

On our Sept/12 cruise our server was Eddie and his assistant was Milton. They were so friendly and good to our kids. We were very sad to say good bye

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #77
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Just back from wonder. We had Richard (France) as head server but didn't interact with him. Our server was ok (cant remember his name now) from India. He kept on bringing an extra plate of food of something we didn't order so we would try it. And on the second to last night he asked if we were catholic and gave us some web site address... Two things I don't talk to anyone about is politics or religion... Politely put it away and to the trash later went. he did take the hint i was not going to talk religion. Kind of ruined it for me. He was doing a great job up until then... So over all, came down to just ok. Kids did like him tough...

But, our assistant server was Tita (Hungary). She was amazing! We all loved her and look forward to request for her when we cruise the wonder in the future (hopefully).
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #78
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

We just got off the Wonder 2/16. Our server was Madara from Latvia and the assistant server was Konrad from Poland. They both were great every evening. We were two families with three kids at our table. The kids loved them as they would joke around with them, and the adults as well. They would both have a conversation with you and we found out some interesting things about each one of them. Their lives as dining staff and living conditions onboard make for some hilarious conversation! I would definatley request them in the future on upcoming cruises.
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #79
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Requesting server

First time cruiser this summer ... How do you request a server?
ktalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #80
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Thank you guys! I am sure we will have an amazing time regardless, however it is always nice t have recommendations . I truly cannot wait for this cruise every review I've read it's awesome but I was hoping to get the names of those servers that went above and beyond thanks for those names
ktalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #81
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktalina View Post
First time cruiser this summer ... How do you request a server?
If you have your reservation through a travel agent, ask them to call DCL and add the server request. Otherwise, you can call DCL directly and have them add it.

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #82
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
If you have your reservation through a travel agent, ask them to call DCL and add the server request. Otherwise, you can call DCL directly and have them add it.
And it's best to only make one request. Only ask for either the server, or the asst server, or a specific rotation.

If you have more than one request, DCL doesn't know which to honor and won't grant any of them.

A serving team may no longer be working together, or even on the same rotation, as then can change from cruise to cruise.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #83
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Just back from wonder. We had Richard (France) as head server but didn't interact with him. Our server was ok (cant remember his name now) from India. He kept on bringing an extra plate of food of something we didn't order so we would try it. And on the second to last night he asked if we were catholic and gave us some web site address... Two things I don't talk to anyone about is politics or religion... Politely put it away and to the trash later went. he did take the hint i was not going to talk religion. Kind of ruined it for me. He was doing a great job up until then... So over all, came down to just ok. Kids did like him tough...

But, our assistant server was Tita (Hungary). She was amazing! We all loved her and look forward to request for her when we cruise the wonder in the future (hopefully).

That whole religion thing would send me over the edge. Glad he got the hint.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #84
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Just off back to backs on the Wonder today. We had Putu as our server on the first cruise- he is amazing and funny and his assistant Emma was great too! Second cruise we had Minda (or Mindagaus) he was adorable but not as outgoing. Other good suggestions are Noel from India and Tumi from S. Africa.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #85
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy
We had Bonieface and Vitor and they were loved by everyne in our party, especially the kids. Dd who is 3 has now had her first crush and it was on 22 year old Vitor and his Brazilian accent! Every night dd would put up a stink about eating and yet some small talk and a smile from Vitor somehow made her hungry. He actually fed her almost all of her food every night! I have to admit I miss him too as it has been a week since we got off. The kids keep asking if we will see them again.

Bonieface has been on the Wonder for 11 years and Vitor had only been on for 4 months. Both were truly outstanding!
OMG!!! We had them on the Wonder in 2011. If I would have known I would have requested them again I would have (we were just on the Wonder February 16th sailing). They were really good. This last cruise we had Phizroy (Jamaica). He was really good too!!!!
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #86
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san
Just off back to backs on the Wonder today. We had Putu as our server on the first cruise- he is amazing and funny and his assistant Emma was great too! Second cruise we had Minda (or Mindagaus) he was adorable but not as outgoing. Other good suggestions are Noel from India and Tumi from S. Africa.
I wonder if that's the same Noel. If it is I had him as my asst. server on the Wonder on her first Hawaii cruise. He was great. Glad to see he got promoted to server.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #87
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Server Jenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittybop View Post
Just off the Wonder and loved Zaldy and Jenny! Awesome for us and our 5 kids!
Jenny was our server on back to back CA REPO and Alaska cruise!! She was awesome, so sweet and friendly, perfect service and beautiful origami gifts at the end of every meal. They are in my scrapbook now! Aloha, Ron and Karen
Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #88
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
Oh, wow. We had Putu on our first MR cruise, just loved him.

And we had Minda(gaus) on our Hawaii cruise. He told us he was going home, it was the end of his contract, and he probably wasn't coming back. We liked him, also. Who was his asst server?

EDIT: I just looked back and Putu was our server on our 2010 Med cruise

Here's Mindaugas

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 03-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #89
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Isn't Minda adorable? My kids loved him- we requested him for our 2nd half of our b2b after some wonderful interactions around the ship. I think he is happier on the ship now
His assistant was Zimik. She was sweet but quiet.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #90
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNKelly View Post
We just got off the Wonder 2/16. Our server was Madara from Latvia and the assistant server was Konrad from Poland. They both were great every evening. We were two families with three kids at our table. The kids loved them as they would joke around with them, and the adults as well. They would both have a conversation with you and we found out some interesting things about each one of them. Their lives as dining staff and living conditions onboard make for some hilarious conversation! I would definatley request them in the future on upcoming cruises.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday and we had them too. They both were great.
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: