Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
The only way to guarantee a Manor room, and a closer one at that, is to book a Royal room.

I wish one of the Manors were preferred.
Actually this isn't correct. Families of 4 and under are generally booked into Manor rooms. Resort booking likes to reserve standard AB rooms for families of 5. The OP was asking specifically about standard RRs. These face away from the river, and often are parking lot views. They are quite a long trek to the main buildings, ESPECIALLY Parterre Place. You would have to get a RR with a river view in Oak Manor to meet your specifications. And there is no way to guarantee that particular building.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Actually this isn't correct. Families of 4 and under are generally booked into Manor rooms. Resort booking likes to reserve standard AB rooms for families of 5. The OP was asking specifically about standard RRs. These face away from the river, and often are parking lot views. They are quite a long trek to the main buildings, ESPECIALLY Parterre Place. You would have to get a RR with a river view in Oak Manor to meet your specifications. And there is no way to guarantee that particular building.
I was in a standard RR in Oak Manor. Back side of the building. It took less than 5 minutes to get to the food court. No, I was not in the furthest part of Oak Manor, but I wasn't anywhere near the river. Not an issue for me.

And it's also not true that parties of 4 or fewer are put into the manors. There are only 2 manors that are not Royal rooms. That's not nearly enough rooms for all the families of less than 4 that want to stay at POR but not be in a RR. (There are only 512 rooms that are not Royal in Magnolia Bend, and 40 of them are king and not available for families of 3 or 4.)

It is true that families of 5 must be in AB. But it does not mean that families of fewer will be in Magnolia Bend.

According to Andre, who created www.portorleans.org, the furthest room in Parterre Place is only a 5 1/2 minute walk from the food court:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3171)
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I'd say all the mansions are equal distance to the food court. From Parterre, you have to walk across the bridge, walk up the path, walk by the marina/surrey bike rentals to the food court. From Acadian, which is the furthest mansion from Parterre, you have to walk across a bridge, past the main pool, walk by the big mill wheel into the food court. About the same. The only edge the non-RR mansions have (Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House) is that they are much closer to the main pool than Oak Manor and Parterre Place.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
heidiot99
Earning My Ears

We upgraded to the Royal Room for our 10 day stay in September after speaking with a friend who stayed in RR in the summer. We have 2 young girls that are going to love it! He said it is close to the front of the resort especially if you get the Oak building. His family loved it and the resort and even though they have been to Disney numerous times, staying at diff places, he will be going back to RS and staying in the RR. It is just over the bridge from the food court. He said the only negative was that the RR are the last bus stop for the resort and I believe he said they have 3 or 4 stops
heidiot99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: