Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #241
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Who knew how much I'd miss spending a week away from the DIS?

We are deifinitely IN for Triton's, as well as the Roaming Mickey. We're also happy to participate in grown-up Game Nights. Are there plans to schedule private tasting(s) for our group? As someone with two of the estimated 300 children, I'd like to suggest a 'playdate-at-sea'. The DIS kids did this on the Pixar Cruise, it was fun.

Can't wait 'til the 5th to book the extras!

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #242
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post

We are deifinitely IN for Triton's, as well as the Roaming Mickey. We're also happy to participate in grown-up Game Nights. Are there plans to schedule private tasting(s) for our group? As someone with two of the estimated 300 children, I'd like to suggest a 'playdate-at-sea'. The DIS kids did this on the Pixar Cruise, it was fun.

I put you down for Roaming Mickey!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #243
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Got you on the list for Triton's

Would love do a playdate at sea too! What did you do on the Pixar cruise? As a mom to an only child I would love for DS to make some friends to play with...well besides me.
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #244
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Roaming Mickey

We would like to be added to list! Thanks
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #245
amydy
Earning My Ears

Hi@
Count me in for the shots around the ship!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #246
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Love the playdate at sea idea. Maybe we can start with a kids' meetup at the Mickey Pool after lunch, weather permitting (I remember afternoon rain every day the last time I was in Florida)? That way everyone can get acquainted before they get thrown into the clubs. My DD will be pretty inseparable from her cousins but we've talked to her about including kids who don't have friends yet onboard.

Anyway, we will be up there as soon as we board, so feel free to come join us. We love the pool deck quick service so our lunch will be there, but I know lots of people prefer Parrot Cay or BBB to eat after embarkation.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #247
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy View Post
We would like to be added to list! Thanks
Done

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #248
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Love the playdate at sea idea. Maybe we can start with a kids' meetup at the Mickey Pool after lunch, weather permitting (I remember afternoon rain every day the last time I was in Florida)? That way everyone can get acquainted before they get thrown into the clubs. My DD will be pretty inseparable from her cousins but we've talked to her about including kids who don't have friends yet onboard.

Anyway, we will be up there as soon as we board, so feel free to come join us. We love the pool deck quick service so our lunch will be there, but I know lots of people prefer Parrot Cay or BBB to eat after embarkation.
We might join you guys....not sure yet when we will get on the ship.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #249
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Are there plans to schedule private tasting(s) for our group?
I would be interested in those too, but have not had any feedback from others yet. I guess before scheduling anything with DCL, we would have to make sure that we have enough participants at least for one tasting ...

Quote:
We're also happy to participate in grown-up Game Nights.
Cool! In case you also plan on bringing a game for that, let me know which one so I can list it in the 2nd post!
By the way everybody, how are we going to decide on which dates to set for game nights? I'm a bit reluctant to suggest anything because I am so unsure of the menu and show schedules, and so on. Would some of the more experienced 14-night cruisers like to make suggestions? And/or Meghatron, whose hubby came up with the idea originally?

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #250
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Maybe we can start with a kids' meetup at the Mickey Pool after lunch, weather permitting (I remember afternoon rain every day the last time I was in Florida)? That way everyone can get acquainted before they get thrown into the clubs.
I'll put that in the event calendar to make it more visible!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #251
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

Heck Yeah...... Count us in..... [for drinks around the ship!]

Robin & Angel "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
I would be interested in those too, but have not had any feedback from others yet. I guess before scheduling anything with DCL, we would have to make sure that we have enough participants at least for one tasting ...

Cool! In case you also plan on bringing a game for that, let me know which one so I can list it in the 2nd post!
By the way everybody, how are we going to decide on which dates to set for game nights? I'm a bit reluctant to suggest anything because I am so unsure of the menu and show schedules, and so on. Would some of the more experienced 14-night cruisers like to make suggestions? And/or Meghatron, whose hubby came up with the idea originally?
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #252
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Urgh - I hate trying to decide when to pull the trigger on flights!

Today I priced out a United Flight from SNA leaving 12:40 on 5/20 - flying thru IAH - arriving IND 10:22p.
If we go for their Economy PLus seating (Scott is 6' 4" & needs all the extra legroom he can get) - we're at $577. That doesn't include baggage fees - we're aiming for 1 checked bag each. Does the airport have shipping facilities?

We only fly 1-2 times a year, so I really don't know when the best time to buy tickets is - any frequent flyers care to chime in?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #253
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
Urgh - I hate trying to decide when to pull the trigger on flights!

Today I priced out a United Flight from SNA leaving 12:40 on 5/20 - flying thru IAH - arriving IND 10:22p.
If we go for their Economy PLus seating (Scott is 6' 4" & needs all the extra legroom he can get) - we're at $577. That doesn't include baggage fees - we're aiming for 1 checked bag each. Does the airport have shipping facilities?

We only fly 1-2 times a year, so I really don't know when the best time to buy tickets is - any frequent flyers care to chime in?
My husband is also 6'4, but he will manage for flights when he has to...its not comfy but its only one day - I figure if I can wear heels all day sometimes he can deal with less legroom once in a blue moon right? Could your husband sit in a regular economy seat?

Out of SNA I found a low rate of $191 on Southwest (AND no baggage fees!)
If you fly out of LAX you can get a one-way on American for $192.
So there are lower priced options out there, but they may not be as comfortable for your hubby

I think you just have to keep checking and when you see a price that is reasonable to you, you have to go for it. But if Economy Plus is the only option for you, then you have to take what you can get price wise.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #254
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Beauty & the Best - thanks for the feedback!

I don't wear heels, so I can't use that comparison with Scott! He can do the regular seats, but it makes for an unpleasant 3+ hrs.

I considered SouthWest, but the cheap flight would get us in so late! Plus, we still would have to shuttle back to the hotel to get the car & drive 1 hr 20 min home! Scott's not a fan of SW's no assigned seats, even with the Early Bird option.

Sigh - I'm one of those early prep people (already have a "Cruise Stuff" box going) so waiting to see if ticket prices drop is just killing me!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #255
aubs42
Earning My Ears

Flights are purchased both ways. $420 for all flights. Funny thing is that we have to fly from SLC to LAX then on to MCO. $300 cheaper to do it that way. At least it is an overnight flight like we usually take.
aubs42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: