Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #2176
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have a great batch of updates for your viewing pleasure this evening, so let's get the ball rolling.

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Li Li & Nigel. They had breakfast this morning at AKL's...

BOMA

Li Li said, "I know, overpopular restaurant, but we love their buffet breakfast!"

Li Li's Plate: Scrambled eggs with spinach and goat cheese, turkey bobotie, sausage, and African corned beef hash. In the bowl is cooked quinoa with crunchy quinoa and brown sugar topping.

Li Li said, "I don't know why but I always love getting this quinoa!"

Nigel's Plate: Same eggs as Li Li, Corned Beef Hash, Sticky Bun, Chocolate Chip Muffin, Sausage, and Pap (white cornmeal).

"Nigel liked the eggs a bit more than me, but as usual, we overall love this place!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #2177
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

This is my favorite thread on the DIS. Hands down. I'll try to comment more because I really appreciate the work that happens with you, Barb, and all the people who send pictures.

We will be there June 7th-13th. I have ADRs at 50s Primetime, Boma's (Dinner), Akershus (Breakfast), 'Ohana (Breakfast), Biergarten, and Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm planning counter service at Pizza Planet, Flame Tree, Be Our Guest, Cosmic Rays, and at the Japan and UK pavilions at Epcot.

I'll be glad to help if I can!

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #2178
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I have a great batch of updates for your viewing pleasure this evening, so let's get the ball rolling.

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Li Li & Nigel. They had breakfast this morning at AKL's...

BOMA

Li Li said, "I know, overpopular restaurant, but we love their buffet breakfast!"

Li Li's Plate: Scrambled eggs with spinach and goat cheese, turkey bobotie, sausage, and African corned beef hash. In the bowl is cooked quinoa with crunchy quinoa and brown sugar topping.

Li Li said, "I don't know why but I always love getting this quinoa!"

Nigel's Plate: Same eggs as Li Li, Corned Beef Hash, Sticky Bun, Chocolate Chip Muffin, Sausage, and Pap (white cornmeal).

"Nigel liked the eggs a bit more than me, but as usual, we overall love this place!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day
I was really torn between Boma for breakfast and Boma for dinner. I won't let Boo know there's corned beef hash on the breakfast menu or she'll want to change my ADRs.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #2179
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:
ITS RECRUITMENT TIME!!!

I have heard back from nearly all of our February team (still waiting on a couple ), so I believe that February is going to be a very active month here on the live thread. I'm looking forward to receiving lots of delicious food photos from our February team!

I could however, use one or two more reporters during the week of Feb. 15 - Feb. 22, in case anyone is interested.

Back in August when the idea of this "live thread" was born, I asked a few of our veteran Disney Dining reporters to send me an occasional pic during their August trips to the World. To be perfectly honest, in the beginning I was using this as a "stall tactic", as my Dining Report was coming to an end just a bit sooner than I had planned (I had a particular "grand finale" in mind, which involved a Labor Day DISmeet with Linda67 ). But it turned out to be so much fun receiving these "live updates" from emmysmommy, GoofySon'sMom, and Tracer00, that I decided to continue and launched this new thread in September. Now I'm excited to say that I will again have the honor of receiving "live updates" from emmysmommy during her mother-daughter trip from 2/23 - 3/7. And GoofySon'sMom will also be taking another trip from 3/22 - 3/26 and has offered to be a live reporter for a third time.

With this in mind, I have decided to continue with this thread, at least thru the month of March. There is though a possibility that I will need to take a break during the week of March 22 - March 30, but if so then I will try to make arrangements to keep the thread going during my absence.

So I am now recruiting for the month of March.

Here are the volunteers I have so far:

emmysmommy - thru 3/4
LumosQ102 - thru 3/7
wdwpirates - thru 3/10
#1eeyoregirl - 3/8 - 3/17
MicRac - 3/16 - 3/22
DannysMom - 3/20 - 3/27
GoofySon'sMom - 3/22 - 3/26
KMarston - 3/30 - 4/6

As you can see, we already have at least one reporter at Disney World for nearly the entire month of March. However, it would be nice to have at least a few more volunteers. So if you are planning a trip for March, please consider sending us some live updates either by text or email.

Also, I'm still taking names of those interested for April - June. At this time, I'm not ready to commit past 4/6 (the end of KMarston's trip) but if there is enough interest in doing the live updates, then I will seriously consider it.

Here are the volunteers I have so far:

APRIL
mousiemom - 4/15 - 4/19
Hannikins - 4/18 - 4/25
buzz1121 - 4/20 - 4/27
aladdinsgirl - 4/30 - 5/10

MAY
MrsBearcat - 5/11 - 5/16
CalSea12 - 5/11 - 5/21
AvasMommy526 - 5/21 - 6/1
buzz1121 - 5/25 - 6/8

JUNE
DisneyMamato4 - 6/2 - 6/9
disnmooner2013 - 6/3 - 6/10
JennyWren - 6/24 - 7/1

Last, I would like to thank everyone who has commented recently and let me know how much they are enjoying this thread. These comments are helpful to me in determining the level of interest for continuing the thread. I also love to see comments regarding specific updates which you find particularly interesting or helpful. Most of the credit for the success of this thread belongs to our many volunteer reporters, so please don't be "shy" about commenting on their great updates. I'm sure it's encouraging for them to see that their efforts are appreciated, and IMHO it also makes the thread more interesting.
I told you we'd be there in June and we'd do updates.

June 16th-21st. Put us down to reserve a spot.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #2180
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update received this morning was from hulagirl87.

She and her family were at a Magic Kingdom this morning to have breakfast at Cinderella's Castle.

Cinderella's Royal Table

First a menu pic...

Plate of Assorted Pastries

Healthy Choice Entrée - scrambled egg whites, hot ten-grain cereal, Greek yogurt topped with Castle-made granola, no-sugar added walnut-sunflower bread and fresh fruit

hulagirl said, "I got the healthy option. The yogurt and granola were good. The bread was just ok. DH got steak and eggs but dove right in so I didn't get a picture."

hulagirl87 & her DD

Then later she sent this snack update from

Sunshine Tree Terrace

First a menu pic...

Citrus Swirl Float

"We stopped at Sunshine Tree Terrace and got a citrus swirl but had them make it into a float with some Sprite. Yum!"

4 January Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pics, Main St., and pic of hulagirl & DD

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 01-31-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #2181
KateB
Mouseketeer

Hey! I will be at Disney June 25th-July 1st with my mom & would be more than happy to volunteer pics!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #2182
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
This is my favorite thread on the DIS. Hands down. I'll try to comment more because I really appreciate the work that happens with you, Barb, and all the people who send pictures.

We will be there June 7th-13th. I have ADRs at 50s Primetime, Boma's (Dinner), Akershus (Breakfast), 'Ohana (Breakfast), Biergarten, and Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm planning counter service at Pizza Planet, Flame Tree, Be Our Guest, Cosmic Rays, and at the Japan and UK pavilions at Epcot.

I'll be glad to help if I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I told you we'd be there in June and we'd do updates.

June 16th-21st. Put us down to reserve a spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
Hey! I will be at Disney June 25th-July 1st with my mom & would be more than happy to volunteer pics!

I got you all added to the June list. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #2183
sarabear
Earning My Ears

I will be back at Disney June 5-12, and would love to do updates again! I will be in a group of 5-8 depending on the time, so I may have lots of different food to report on!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #2184
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The next update received this morning was from hulagirl87.

She and her family were at a Magic Kingdom this morning to have breakfast at Cinderella's Castle.

Cinderella's Royal Table

First a menu pic...

Plate of Assorted Pastries

Healthy Choice Entrée - scrambled egg whites, hot ten-grain cereal, Greek yogurt topped with Castle-made granola, no-sugar added walnut-sunflower bread and fresh fruit

hulagirl said, "I got the healthy option. The yogurt and granola were good. The bread was just ok. DH got steak and eggs but dove right in so I didn't get a picture."

Then later she sent this snack update from

Sunshine Tree Terrace

First a menu pic...

Citrus Swirl Float

"We stopped at Sunshine Tree Terrace and got a citrus swirl but had them make it into a float with some Sprite. Yum!"

4 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics
OMG, that citrus swirl float looks good, really refreshing. I could eat citrus swirl every day though lol!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #2185
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

DSis and I will be back for a short trip April 25 - 28. We'd be happy to report in if the thread is still going, especially now I've got a better handle on how to work my iPhone.

I'm another silent appreciator of this thread and of everything you do. This is one of the first places I check when I get online, and I can't imagine the amount of work it takes to keep it going.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #2186
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next update was sent to us by Tricia (tallen429).

She and her mom and DS had lunch yesterday at Epcot's...

Tricia said, "I have to preface this review by saying I don't like the place. I have tried it several times. Lunch was no better. Our server was Eric and he was very annoying. He even hovered over me at the end to see if I would give an extra tip."

Bisque de Homard - Lobster bisque

Soupe a l' oignon gratinee - Onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese

"Mom and I shared the onion soup and the lobster bisque. The bisque was too salty and had almost no lobster. The onion soup was better but would have been tastier with beef broth."

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - Classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad

"We also shared the croquet monsieur. It was dry and not very flavorful."

"Logan had macaroni and cheese. The flavor was okay but the pasta was undercooked. Mom and Logan shared the profiteroles. They thought they were tasty."

"I really only booked this meal for this guy and wouldn't return anytime soon if ever."

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Logan & Remy

Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #2187
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabear View Post
I will be back at Disney June 5-12, and would love to do updates again! I will be in a group of 5-8 depending on the time, so I may have lots of different food to report on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
DSis and I will be back for a short trip April 25 - 28. We'd be happy to report in if the thread is still going, especially now I've got a better handle on how to work my iPhone.

I'm another silent appreciator of this thread and of everything you do. This is one of the first places I check when I get online, and I can't imagine the amount of work it takes to keep it going.

Yay! I'd be happy to have you both as reporters again. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #2188
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

I have always wanted to eat at Chefs de France because the restaurant looks so beautiful but have read so many lukewarm reviews that it will probably be one of the last restaurants we get around to eating at in the World Showcase.

Remy sure is cute though!

And it's nice to see the healthy plate at CRT- haven't seen that before. The presentation is lovely but I'm afraid I would feel guilty ordering essentially a continental breakfast for the $$$. I would be trying to eat my weight in lobster crepes.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #2189
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now back to Li Li & Nigel, who had lunch today at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

Li Li said, "Now for another popular option...BOG for lunch. I absolutely had to, as I love Beauty and the Beast. I almost cried when I stepped into the ballroom; it is just like the movie came to life."

"They handed us menus while we waited in line outside, but I forgot to take a pic of the other side of it. Whoops!"

Li Li chose...

Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites

And Nigel chose...

Carved Turkey Sandwich served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites

Li Li said, "I have to say I was disappointed in the Croque Monsieur. I just wasn't what I was expecting plus it came out only lukewarm at best. Nigel's turkey on the hand was moist, hot and delicious. Being the excellent husband he is, he traded me so I could have half of the turkey."

Then for dessert they shared the...

Chocolate Cream Puff filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

"The chocolate cream puff was AMAZING!
It felt like I ate a cup of dark chocolate mousse and I only ate half of the cream puff!"

"Just as an FYI, we joined the line at 11:15 and got our food around 11:55, so not too bad."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #2190
marshallsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyluvzGoofy
Marshallsmommy, i'm so sad to hear you didn't enjoy the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!!! I have this booked for our trip as a surprise for DH. He's got quite the sweet tooth and I figured he'd love this!!

Thanks for the timeline of when you arrived/what the line was like based on your ADR, it'll help us a lot! Our ADR is 7:10 as well, but i'll be sure to get there extra early! Thanks again!!
Yes definately get there early! My husband and I decided its something you have to try once and we aren't mad we wasted the money/time we were just disapointed by how it was ran and the quality of the food. I work in food service and go to 4-5 food expos a year and almost all the desserts are things I could buy pre-made from different specialty foodservice companies and that's not what you expect from Disney you expect that amazing attention to detail and quality. Go try it for yourself and have a creme brulee for me those were GOOD!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: