Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #3196
Teddie
Earning My Ears

Getting the stroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw33 View Post
My best friend got back 3 weeks ago and she said her only mistake was not bringing a stroller for her ds5. He is normally a trooper but he was whining and complaining non stop because his feet hurt. I have a 5 and a 2 year old and I will be renting a double stroller because I know my son and he will not make it. Good luck!
Thanks canooknic and Andre and jmw33! We are bringing down another stroller!

And we leave in exactly one week! Right now we will be on an airplane! Yay!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #3197
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

4 more sleeps!
Checking into a royal guest room on Super Sunday!!!

Love & Pixie Dust
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #3198
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

We made it! We arrived at POR last night around 9:30pm, and I can already tell this is my favourite resort by far. It is gorgeously themed, and so very...peaceful compared to the value resorts.

We walked around the grounds while waiting for our luggage to magically appear, and I was struck by the sheer quietness of this place. Love! Love! Love!

We'll see if it's still peaceful by the light of day...

For those of you arriving soon, I wish you a wonderful journey.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #3199
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

We just got back and had a FANTASTIC time at POR-AB! We booked a preferred room and at check in we were told that we could have a room in building 18 now or wait and have a room in building 15. We had been up since 3am so we took the room that was ready!

The room was VERY clean! I even checked the tops of the mirrors... no dust! LOL!

The main pool heater was broken during our stay so it was COLD....but the quiet pools were perfect.

Bus service was GREAT!! We never waited more than 10 mins going to and from places.

The boat service was another story It took us more than a hour to get back from DTD because there was an issue with boat captains and shift changes We missed our ADR at Boatwrights because of the delay.

They were able to take us late but our DD melted half way through dinner and I took her back to the room. My DH and son stayed and finished dinner. It was DELISH! They brought my dessert back to the room for me!

We have stayed at POR many times and we have always loved it. This time was no different and we will be back! We booked a bounceback offer for OCT.

GREAT Staff, GREAT Atmosphere, GREAT Vacation....can't ask for more!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #3200
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
We just got back and had a FANTASTIC time at POR-AB! We booked a preferred room and at check in we were told that we could have a room in building 18 now or wait and have a room in building 15. We had been up since 3am so we took the room that was ready!

The room was VERY clean! I even checked the tops of the mirrors... no dust! LOL!

The main pool heater was broken during our stay so it was COLD....but the quiet pools were perfect.

Bus service was GREAT!! We never waited more than 10 mins going to and from places.

The boat service was another story It took us more than a hour to get back from DTD because there was an issue with boat captains and shift changes We missed our ADR at Boatwrights because of the delay.

They were able to take us late but our DD melted half way through dinner and I took her back to the room. My DH and son stayed and finished dinner. It was DELISH! They brought my dessert back to the room for me!

We have stayed at POR many times and we have always loved it. This time was no different and we will be back! We booked a bounceback offer for OCT.

GREAT Staff, GREAT Atmosphere, GREAT Vacation....can't ask for more!
awesome to hear! What was the bounceback??

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 01-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #3201
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What was the bounceback??
35% off Deluxe Villas and Deluxe Resorts 30% off Moderate with dates through Dec 2013 excluding ALL of July

ETA: The offer was in the middle of the "Be our Guest Guide" we got at check in. It was not in our room!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #3202
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
35% off Deluxe Villas and Deluxe Resorts 30% off Moderate with dates through Dec 2013 excluding ALL of July

ETA: The offer was in the middle of the "Be our Guest Guide" we got at check in. It was not in our room!
Ah..thank you!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #3203
tink68
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Very good to know this. Thinking of booking our first Christmas trip when we are there. Going to surprise everyone with it. If I can afford it. Pixie Dust needed!

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #3204
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

The new keycard touch-to-pay terminals were activated at Port Orleans this morning (a few days later than first planned due to some technical teething problems). You can now pay using your RFID-chip based room keycard at all of the Port Orleans lobbies, shops, restaurants and bars (along with the theme parks and other WDW locations). As far as I know, you cannot use the new system in the laundry rooms, arcades, lockers, etc. though.

Also, if you check in online from now on you should be offered the option of setting up a security PIN number for your keycard, which will save a little bit of time creating one when you arrive. The original intention was to only use the PIN numbers for transactions over $50 at WDW, but more recently all transactions require you to enter your PIN.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 01-29-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #3205
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
The resort lounges will be playing the Super Bowl; there will be crowds trying to get into the ESPN Club at BW and most likely the bars at DTD will be playing it as well.
Thanks very much! We were planning to go to DTD after AK on Sunday, but maybe we'll just take it easy that night instead (since that's our first night there).
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #3206
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The keycard touch-to-pay terminals were activated at Port Orleans this morning (a few days later than first planned due to some technical teething problems). You can now pay using your RFID-based room keycard at all of the Port Orleans lobbies, shops, restaurants and bars. As far as I know, you cannot use the new system in the laundry rooms, arcades, lockers, etc. though.

Andre

Andre,

If using at a restaurant, do you know if this automatically deducts from your meal plan? Because I might not want it to do that...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #3207
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
If using at a restaurant, do you know if this automatically deducts from your meal plan? Because I might not want it to do that...
Not sure... I assume they deduct your credits as and when requested, and then present you with a final cash balance to pay (just like at present) for which you can then use the new system to pay, or use cash/credit card/etc.

Has anyone tried this and knows for sure?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #3208
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The new keycard touch-to-pay terminals were activated at Port Orleans this morning (a few days later than first planned due to some technical teething problems). You can now pay using your RFID-chip based room keycard at all of the Port Orleans lobbies, shops, restaurants and bars (along with the theme parks and other WDW locations). As far as I know, you cannot use the new system in the laundry rooms, arcades, lockers, etc. though.

Also, if you check in online from now on you should be offered the option of setting up a security PIN number for your keycard, which will save a little bit of time creating one when you arrive. The original intention was to only use the PIN numbers for transactions over $50 at WDW, but more recently all transactions require you to enter your PIN.

Andre
Yeah they need to hurry up on the Wrist bands that I have been asked millions will maybe not millions, But I hear a lot of questions about the bands. When is Disney going to get them? When will guests be able to pick colors? What colors will they be in? Etc...
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #3209
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984
Staying at POR mid May for my sons birthday, celebrating my daughters from April as well. We will most likely exclusively use our big double stroller. Both my kids are small in size, my daughter will be 4, and even though my son is 7 he gets worn out easily due to a blood thing he has (his body stays busy destroying blood cells and remaking them to keep up). I wasn't going to make a request, hoping for birthday magic I guess! LoL but one thing i think we'll find difficult is top floor in AB (large stroller+stairs+2 tired kids=camping out in the bayou! Lol) So should I wait and see if we get top floor at check in and then request bottom or mansions or make a pre fax request of just no top floor in AB? There are only 4 of us (my moms traveling to help me) so I assume we might be in mansions anyway? 1 reason I didn't want to request (other than hoping for magic) was during our last trip I requested things at "Sports" and didn't get that but got upgraded to preferred instead and had a wonderful so very convenient location! Better than my request ever dreamed of being! LoL
Anyone?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #3210
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
Anyone?
I would make the fax request stating that your son has a health issue that may make walking up stairs difficult. You're not asking for anything for free and it's better to ask than hope there's something available at check in. Just my 2 cents.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: