Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #106
s232271
Mouseketeer
 
s232271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders
Extra Magic Hours won't help us since we're not staying on the resort

Our sailing doesn't look very full yet given all the categories you can still book. I wonder if DCL will announce a discount after the 75 day mark to try to fill the ship a bit more.

We may risk it and cancel 76 days out and re book closer to 70 days once the possible discount is or is not announced. Anyone else thinking about playing this game?
We too were considering this but just not sure.....haven't seen the cheaper rates for end of march or April due to KSF I'm sure, but would be sad if they showed up and I lost out...however, we have an inside sideways cabin booked on deck 6 and I'm skeptical to let it go.....waiting to see what my friend gets for her March 2 cruise via the IGT rate. Also, I would only consider the VGT ($500 savings over my inside) yet it is a gamble as too where the cabin is located....so many variables.......let me know whAt you decide to do as final payment is getting closer......thanks!

Oh any any other opinions on this appreciated!
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #107
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238

Jan18th Navigators are posted

I'm looking at the navigators posted from the first 8 night WDW itineary out of Galveston. Looks like they stayed late in Port Canveral - all aboard time was 1:45 am! Some other interesting things to know about WDW day - you must be in the terminal to clear customs by 9:30am & the first motoroach back to the ship is 3pm, the last is 9:45pm.

Link to the navigators compliments of HippoHappy:
http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...77409660786406

password - disfriends

Also found 3 dining rotations for our cruise are posted as well:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
__________________

Last edited by wajones2; 01-30-2013 at 07:39 AM.
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #108
s232271
Mouseketeer
 
s232271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I'm looking at the navigators posted from the first 8 night WDW itineary out of Galveston. Looks like they stayed late in Port Canveral - all aboard time was 1:45 am! Some other interesting things to know about WDW day - you must be in the terminal to clear customs by 9:30am & the first motoroach back to the ship is 3pm, the last is 9:45pm.

Link to the navigators compliments of HippoHappy:
http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators

password - disfriends

Also found 3 dining rotations for our cruise are posted as well:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
couldnt get the link to work, tried hippohappy as name and disfriends as password to sign in , no luck either.
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #109
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
couldnt get the link to work, tried hippohappy as name and disfriends as password to sign in , no luck either.
Link works for me. Here is a link to the board where it is orginally posted. Good thread of information too!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3054130&page=7
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #110
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I'm looking at the navigators posted from the first 8 night WDW itineary out of Galveston. Looks like they stayed late in Port Canveral - all aboard time was 1:45 am! Some other interesting things to know about WDW day - you must be in the terminal to clear customs by 9:30am & the first motoroach back to the ship is 3pm, the last is 9:45pm.

Link to the navigators compliments of HippoHappy:
http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators

password - disfriends

Also found 3 dining rotations for our cruise are posted as well:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
O is the WDW day and I finally found the dining options given on the 1/18 sailing for that evening:

Lumieres (open seating) 6:00pm-9:00pm
Parrot Cay (buffet) 6:30pm-9:30pm
Topsiders (buffet) 9:00pm-12:30pm
Pinocchio’s Pizzeria 7:00pm-1:00am
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #111
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears
 
OhioInlanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 41

Awaiting That Special Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
We too were considering this but just not sure.....haven't seen the cheaper rates for end of march or April due to KSF I'm sure, but would be sad if they showed up and I lost out...however, we have an inside sideways cabin booked on deck 6 and I'm skeptical to let it go.....waiting to see what my friend gets for her March 2 cruise via the IGT rate. Also, I would only consider the VGT ($500 savings over my inside) yet it is a gamble as too where the cabin is located....so many variables.......let me know whAt you decide to do as final payment is getting closer......thanks!
We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam
__________________
The Ohio Inlanders

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #112
Yurla
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1

FE Lst

Hi Becca!

This will be our first Disney family cruise, and we are interested in participating in the FE.

Our room number is 8546.

We are:
(DD) Antonio
(DM) Larra
(DS) Nicholas (3)
(DD) Sophia (7 months)

Yay!!! We are so excited!!!
Yurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #113
s232271
Mouseketeer
 
s232271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders

We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam
I wish you all the luck hope it works out, I am still Leary as I don't see any other 8 day cruise with the rates now and the cat I have is priced $200/$300 higher......but man what a sweet deal it will be if those IGT rates do pop up! Decisions decisions
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #114
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 74

FE List Update

Hello Friends on the May 10th Cruise!
I was glad to add a couple more families to our FE list, which you can view at this link-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
If you would like to join the fun, please PM or email me at becca.zpack@gmail.com.

Can't believe it's only a little more than 3 months away. Looking forward to our reservation window opening up soon! I have been enjoying the Navigators that were shared and hope you are too!
__________________
Becca
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #115
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238

FE List

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we would like to particpate in the fish extender list.

Keith - DH
Wendy - DM
Ava - DD (turns 3 on 5/11/13)

Cabine # 6154

We are all so excisted about this cruise.
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #116
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we would like to particpate in the fish extender list.

Keith - DH
Wendy - DM
Ava - DD (turns 3 on 5/11/13)

Cabine # 6154

We are all so excisted about this cruise.
You're all set on the FE list. Hooray for another cruise birthday!
We are all going to have such a great time. Personally, I think it's a perfect itinerary for relaxation and fun....just 95 more days to go!
__________________
Becca
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #117
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer
 
Goofysrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100

Sitting in the terminal waiting to board the Magic.... Fog delay so.... Might get on by 2:00. One thing good in May No Fog!!! I hope!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #118
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238

Fog in Galveston

I saw that weather alert this morning. I believe this is the 2nd time in a month they have arrived late due to fog. I think you are right that by May the risk of fog will be very small.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Bon voyage.
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #119
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer
 
Goofysrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100

We pulled up to port at 11:00 and the ship was here but they told us to come back in 2 hours. So we went to the Disney store. Haha
We did receive an email but we had already left home. I could have slept in. Grrr they didn't contact us till after 10.00 this morning and our boarding time was 11:00.
People are getting anxious and I'm just really hungry! 😳😁
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #120
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer
 
Goofysrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2
I saw that weather alert this morning. I believe this is the 2nd time in a month they have arrived late due to fog. I think you are right that by May the risk of fog will be very small.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Bon voyage.
Thanks I'll let you know what else happens!!! Lol
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.