Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #1636
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeem View Post
Shots like this one are becoming more and more difficult to achieve. Disney always seems to have a stage in front of the Hat - very annoying. The persistent rumor is that this thing is going away.
Hey William, I sure wouldn't mind if that hat would disappear.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #1637
pixiedust247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315

Yes, fully compatible. The Sony SLTs are great cameras. But a big factor for people is the EVF. Some people love it, some hate it.
If you're in the camp that likes the EVF, then the Sony lineup has a lot going for it.
I upgraded from the A100 to A55, and I'm thrilled with the change.
Thank you so ,inch for your quick response! I looked at your photos and they are great! I love how sharp and clear they are! I think I am swayed and hoping to get the a77 for my birthday at the end of the month! That will give me a few months of practice before our WDW trip at the end of June!

Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous shots and for your input!

1980 Off- site
1988 Off- site
1994 Off- site
1994- 1995 Annual Pass Lived in Orlando
1996 Off- site
1999 All Star Resort
2006 Yacht Club
2008 Yacht Club

2009 Yacht Club
2011 Beach Club
pixiedust247 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #1638
wbeem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Hey William, I sure wouldn't mind if that hat would disappear.
Really? I kind of like the hat. Every park needs a centerpiece attraction. What would you have there if not the Hat?
wbeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #1639
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust247 View Post
Thank you so ,inch for your quick response! I looked at your photos and they are great! I love how sharp and clear they are! I think I am swayed and hoping to get the a77 for my birthday at the end of the month! That will give me a few months of practice before our WDW trip at the end of June!

Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous shots and for your input!
You're welcome. Thanks for the compliments and look forward to your shots.

Remember though, glass is as important (if not more), than the camera. I love using old Minolta lenses, though I also use a couple Tamrons.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #1640
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Really? I kind of like the hat. Every park needs a centerpiece attraction. What would you have there if not the Hat?
I don't mind the hat, I just wish it didn't block the Chinese Theater. I remember the first time I went to MGM and I the first thing I remember was the The Great Movie Ride. I was around 12 and MGM was just being built. It would also be different if they would at least keep the hat free and clear of stages and props and put the skylights back behind it.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #1641
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Little Mermaid by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #1642
havoc315
DIS Veteran

earlyjan-78-1 by Havoc315, on Flickr
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #1643
Hockeyman

DSC09770-Edit by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #1644
Hockeyman

Splash by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #1645
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
This worked for me!

I remember when the water tower was the landmark for the park. Now you can hardly find it.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #1646
Danjocass
Mousketeer

missing photos - loooooong story

Hi everyone....it been a while since I posted here but I am always reading posts and looking at all the great pictures on this thread. I have gotten some great advice and thank you all. But now I may need some help in finding missing photos. The story is this, I have a sony nex-5 & I purchased a PNY 32gb 1080p HD video card. I did not bring my laptop to offload pictures thinking I would offload them when I returned from my trip. after 7 days of taking well over 600 pictures and about 10 videos, my camera would not let me take a video more than 3 seconds long and would then just freeze. I could not get out of the movie mode nor could I shut the camera off unless I took the battery out. Once I put he battery back in, I could still see and play all of my photos and videos. My brother in law was traveling with us and his family and took my card out of the camera to try and upload the pictures and videos on his laptop. He could not upload them, it kept saying the file was corrupt. I put the card back into my camera and it asked if I wanted to format it (I said no & by the way this is the first time I have ever seen that message) and then another message came up up saying "cannot read card" I went to Best Buy after I got home and they said there are no videos or pictures on my card & I sent my camera out to be looked at. Sorry for the long story. Anyone here experience this? Anyone know something that can be helpful? Are my pictures just gone? Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #1647
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjocass View Post
Hi everyone....it been a while since I posted here but I am always reading posts and looking at all the great pictures on this thread. I have gotten some great advice and thank you all. But now I may need some help in finding missing photos. The story is this, I have a sony nex-5 & I purchased a PNY 32gb 1080p HD video card. I did not bring my laptop to offload pictures thinking I would offload them when I returned from my trip. after 7 days of taking well over 600 pictures and about 10 videos, my camera would not let me take a video more than 3 seconds long and would then just freeze. I could not get out of the movie mode nor could I shut the camera off unless I took the battery out. Once I put he battery back in, I could still see and play all of my photos and videos. My brother in law was traveling with us and his family and took my card out of the camera to try and upload the pictures and videos on his laptop. He could not upload them, it kept saying the file was corrupt. I put the card back into my camera and it asked if I wanted to format it (I said no & by the way this is the first time I have ever seen that message) and then another message came up up saying "cannot read card" I went to Best Buy after I got home and they said there are no videos or pictures on my card & I sent my camera out to be looked at. Sorry for the long story. Anyone here experience this? Anyone know something that can be helpful? Are my pictures just gone? Thanks so much in advance for your help.
I also had a problem with my NEX5 once while at DL. The camera started acting up after a CM took a couple of pictures for me. It was also with a different type card than I had ever used before and I decided not to use it with the NEX after that. Anyway - here's a link to a thread with some suggestions for recovering photos. I've used both the Zar mentioned (which was free to recover photos but I think you had to pay to recover other types of files) and the Sandisk recovery. I successfully recovered photos from the NEX but one of 3 computers I tried the card on finally recognized the card - (or it may have been it recognized it when I used a card reader to insert the card - it's been awhile ago) so I could at least access it. I've also recovered photos after formatting a card so as a last resort you could do that and then put the card in a computer and try the recovery.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hlight=recover

Maybe someone else will have some other suggestions but good luck! I'd bet you have a good chance of getting some and maybe all the photos back.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #1648
Danjocass
Mousketeer

Thanks so much I appreciate it. I don't see the link
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #1649
Danjocass
Mousketeer

Wait, sorry I do see it...I was using the app earlier
Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1650
KAT4DISNEY