Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
and hopefully an infant to travel with. That's not a for sure on the infant, but wondering how people manage it.
Another thing to consider that you may or may not know, is that DCL (and all cruise lines) have strict policies regarding cruising pregnant and with newborns. You can't cruise if your past 24 weeks pregnant, and you can't take a baby younger than 3 months (or maybe it's 12 weeks). So if you're hoping to expand your family, try your best to time the new addition so you aren't caught in that window.

In my case, I booked two separate cruises before DW got pregnant with our second. I thought I had booked close enough that even if we got pregnant that day we'd be fine. Well after booking, my wife informs me that the pregnancy doesn't start with conception, it actually starts weeks before. How I didn't know that already, I don't know, but it screwed up the timing of the second cruise I booked. As a result, I refused to "try" at all with DW for the next month because I didn't want to mess up our cruise.

As luck would have it, she got pregnant the next month. So DW got to do cruises at 13 weeks and 20 weeks.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

We took DS on his first cruise when he was 2. It was a 4-night Christmas cruise. We had a wonderful time!! We were plenty busy as a family doing Atlantis and enjoying beautiful Castaway Cay. At Castaway we all went for a bike ride (baby in a baby bike seat) and that was probably my favorite part...it was so beautiful and relaxing and my DS loved it! DS loves characters (always has, since he first went to WDW at 1) so we spent plenty of time going to give hugs. He also loved the Nemo splash area and getting ice cream whenever he wanted (hey, it's vacation!). We skipped all movies, shows, etc. We had late dining so we reserved time for him at the nursery during dinner. He would go with us, eat, and then I would take him up. He hated it but he was usually asleep by the time I got there. We used those hours to go ride the Aquaduck or visit a bar, etc.

He went again on a 3-night cruise on the Dream this past November (he's now 3). Even better experience and we had a blast. This time it was me, my mom and him. We had to implement mandatory nap time because of some meltdowns he was having but otherwise, it was perfect. We would usually order a cheese tray and some coffee while he napped and sat outside on our verandah. We had early seating which I preferred with him and we went to all the shows. He loved the shows and was perfect through them all.

We are now prepping for cruise #3 in April. He now says he wants to go to the "club" so we'll see. Otherwise though we'll be hitting the shows, the movies (he loves going to the movies), visiting characters and hanging out by the pool eating ice cream.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: