Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

7/17/13 UPDATE Capital One Rewards CC - Saved me $$ on my car rental!!!

I just posted this on the Budget Board, but I figured it would be good to post it here, too. I just saved $200+ on my car rental for September using my Capital One No Hassle Rewards card online account. I didn't even know you could book travel through there- maybe it's new? Anyway, no cancellation fee, cheaper than Hotwire, Travelocity, Costco, and CarRentalSavers, at least for our dates. Got a week in September (MCO) with an intermediate size car for $179.84 total. The cheapest I have been able to find so far is $250+ for a compact!! Since there's no booking fee, I went ahead and booked it, and will keep looking for a lower price, but holy cow, that's not a bad price to start with! I didn't use any rewards points on the rental- just a regular old credit card (and not even my Capital One!). I follow the Million Miles Secrets guy- here is his post on how to do it online.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...e-car-rentals/

I gotta tell you, I was super excited to find that this even exists!! Hope this helps someone!!!!

7/17/13 UPDATE!!! I just re-checked, and prices have come down to $128 for a week from Thrifty and Dollar. But, it was only if I reserved at 9:30am instead of 10am.... weird!! HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!

Last edited by SDSorority; 07-17-2013 at 09:17 PM.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
BarryS
Earning My Ears

That's great. I've had one for years but never considered that booking through their site would yield any savings.

I just saw an Economy car from Budget for 8 nights in April for $150.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
That's great. I've had one for years but never considered that booking through their site would yield any savings.

I just saw an Economy car from Budget for 8 nights in April for $150.
I know, right? I didn't know about it either until reading the article, and the prices really ARE the lowest I have seen anywhere so far. I'm of course going to keep looking every couple of weeks, but I've gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this find.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Tara619
Mouseketeer

I went online and there was no where that I could choose a one way rental. It did a pick up at MCO but never asked for a drop off (Cape Canaveral). I couldn't find where to change it. Any ideas? It was only $26 for a standard size through budget.

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
taymorel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info--I did not know you could rent cars through them. I will have to try and this since I get rewards through them too.

2010 Contemporary
2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
2014 Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
taymorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
the4fishes
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for sharing this! While it hasn't helped me in my car search for April, I was able to secure a car for a friend in Miami for $240 for 10 days.. The cheapest I had been able to find was $400, so she was a happy camper!
the4fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
I just posted this on the Budget Board, but I figured it would be good to post it here, too. I just saved $200+ on my car rental for September using my Capital One No Hassle Rewards card online account. I didn't even know you could book travel through there- maybe it's new? Anyway, no cancellation fee, cheaper than Hotwire, Travelocity, Costco, and CarRentalSavers, at least for our dates. Got a week in September (MCO) with an intermediate size car for $179.84 total. The cheapest I have been able to find so far is $250+ for a compact!! Since there's no booking fee, I went ahead and booked it, and will keep looking for a lower price, but holy cow, that's not a bad price to start with! I didn't use any rewards points on the rental- just a regular old credit card (and not even my Capital One!). I follow the Million Miles Secrets guy- here is his post on how to do it online.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...e-car-rentals/

I gotta tell you, I was super excited to find that this even exists!! Hope this helps someone!!!!
Thank for posting!! Although I don't have a Capital One card I followed the link just to read about it and it mentioned that some Chase and Citi cards also have a rental car availability. Well I got a great rate for 8 days for a premium car through dollar. Nearly $200 less than the Dollar site itself and $100 less that the smaller car I already had booked.

Thanks again for the tip, greatly appreciated!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
I follow the Million Miles Secrets guy
Darius is pretty great, isn't he.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

OP, you rock!

I looked for a one day rental and used your site. Total was $33 thru CApOne via Travelocity, and $115 directly thru Travelocity. My usual go-to, Costco, was $90+. Incredible.

I googled the thread to bump it up on the Budget Board to thank you. Now I see this is on a different one. Anyway, Thanks!
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
SDSorority

UPDATE in first post!! Saved $50 more!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: