Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #376
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Wow work sounds crazy!

TRex is on our definite list because I should have a 50 gift card from my points by then
What points?!? Did I miss something? *slaps forehead* I always miss something!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
We Are going November 16-23 and staying at AKL.... But may be changing that to Boardwalk. Going to be a big family trip for us:

DH and I
My Mom & Her Fiancé
My Brother & His Girlfriend
My Cousin, his wife & 2 daughters (3 and 5 years old)
My Cousin, his wife & 2 daughters (5 and 7 years old) ** first time to WDW for them - all 4 of them!
I would love to have my dad and grandfather at least come for a day at Disney, but I don't think that will happen. Unfortunately, my dad and I never seem to be able to take vacation time at the same time. And my stepmom is just awesome! She would love to see her grandchildren in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFaninIL View Post
My family of 4 is hoping to check into either POFQ or POR on the 14th and check out on the 24th. These days might flucuate a bit depending on Disney discounts and flights, but it will definitely be around then.

My girls (6 and 8) dont have school on either Friday the 15th or Friday the 22nd so we can go for 10 days and only miss 4 days of 1st grade/4th grade.
I'll pencil you in at either POFQ or POR and you can just let me know when you narrow it down. We've stayed at POR the last two trips and we just love it. So quaint and quiet. The food court is awesome!!!! I can't wait to actually walk over to POFQ this trip. There's so many little things I want to do this trip.....

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #377
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
What points?!? Did I miss something? *slaps forehead* I always miss something!!!

Shopkicks? :D
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #378
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

Hi All!! It's been awhile since I've been on the boards, but excited to be back and start planning with everyone! Question, we are trying to make our reservations and need opinions. We got quoted for a room only w AAA Discount from outside agent and we have also gotten AAA quote on package w tix/DP but its a lot and was told by them the only way to save $ would be to get DP. My parents don't eat much and I'm not sure i want to be boggled down w reservations w my two little ones, 4 (will be almost 5 when we go) and a 2 y/o and so I feel we don't really need DP Unless. It's free of course!! Anyway...do we skip dealing w AAA (haven't been impressed w service) and just get room only w AAA discount?? But if FD comes out can we chg our reservation? Any negatives for room only resse? Any help is greatly appreciated want to get this trip booked!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #379
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I booked with AAA twice. Neither time was a very good experience. Not that it was *bad*, but both times the TA who booked us left in the middle of our booking and getting travel documents. I had to actually go to AAA and bug our agent to add free dining to our reservation in 2010. She insisted, it was not available, which it was. DDP does not necessarily save you any money,unless you get it free, so them giving you false information to begin with might sway me not to use them.

If you book a room only now through someone else, you would just need to cancel that and make a new package reservation if free dining came available. It sounds like a big hassle, but really it isn't. The only negative is you would have to pay a new downpayment and wait to get reimbursed for your old one. I have read that takes 2 weeks or so.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #380
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

mypoints.com. It's one of those sites where you shop at retailers through them to earn points. And reading emails and answering surveys too, I just seem to get the most points shopping.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #381
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Shopkicks? :D
LOL

Quote:
mypoints.com. It's one of those sites where you shop at retailers through them to earn points. And reading emails and answering surveys too, I just seem to get the most points shopping.
Oh, ok....I do that, too. But the one I belong to is Sunshine Rewards. I can get Disney giftcards from there.

Thanks!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #382
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
LOL

Oh, ok....I do that, too. But the one I belong to is Sunshine Rewards. I can get Disney giftcards from there.

Thanks!!!
I have an account at Sunshine Rewards too but it doesn't seem to work out as well for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #383
Calirya

Quote:
OMG I forgot all about mypoints.com! I just tried logging in because I have an account. No points left. But have earned over 31,000 points since joining in 1999. :D Doesnt help me now. LOL
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #384
Calirya

As far as shopkicks. Do you know I am actually considering another phone? I have had a blackberry for forever. I NEED a qwerty keyboard and will not get an iphone. I need a a new phone and have put it off because its near impossible to find a smart phone with manual keyboard. Was waiting for the new BB to be released. (supposed to be today)
but now to participate in these reward programs (like shopkicks) I'm actually considering getting one of those dang phones. LOL

Anything to save money for Disney!! yes a little overboard. But arent we all?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #385
Calirya

For the WBC-ers there is a thread here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post47357281
about leaving nonperishables behind for the next person. I know we're flying down (we always drive to vacations) and will end up picking up alot of stuff (reason we always drive) some that we just wont have room to bring home. From reading this thread I guess there's pool toys, hibachi grills, bags of chips, etc.

I'd definitely be interested in participating.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #386
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
As far as shopkicks. Do you know I am actually considering another phone? I have had a blackberry for forever. I NEED a qwerty keyboard and will not get an iphone. I need a a new phone and have put it off because its near impossible to find a smart phone with manual keyboard. Was waiting for the new BB to be released. (supposed to be today)
but now to participate in these reward programs (like shopkicks) I'm actually considering getting one of those dang phones. LOL

Anything to save money for Disney!! yes a little overboard. But arent we all?
I TOTALLY understand. I had a hard time losing my keyboard, but I have to tell you....I wouldn't give up my iPhone now. (and I was a droid user for years, and I had the droid pro (with keyboard - they no longer make it) Once you realize how fast and easy an iPhone is, you will LOVE it like I do.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #387
Calirya

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
I TOTALLY understand. I had a hard time losing my keyboard, but I have to tell you....I wouldn't give up my iPhone now. (and I was a droid user for years, and I had the droid pro (with keyboard - they no longer make it) Once you realize how fast and easy an iPhone is, you will LOVE it like I do.
I text. ALOT. I've used DH's iphone and it takes me FORever to type a message. With my keyboard I can flp that thing right out. Going to take alot of getting used to.

Oh hey I was looking thru pinterest and came across something that says Home Depot no longer carries Disney paint therefore they no longer have the Mickey paint chips??? We're Lowe's shoppers but I planned on making a trip to HD this weekend just for these paint chips.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #388
Calirya

For some of you frequent visitors this may make you
http://wdwprepschool.com/you-cant-do...world-anymore/
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #389
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya

I text. ALOT. I've used DH's iphone and it takes me FORever to type a message. With my keyboard I can flp that thing right out. Going to take alot of getting used to.

Oh hey I was looking thru pinterest and came across something that says Home Depot no longer carries Disney paint therefore they no longer have the Mickey paint chips??? We're Lowe's shoppers but I planned on making a trip to HD this weekend just for these paint chips.
I give it a week for you to figure out how to hold the phone beat for you to text. You will get the hang of it. Go get you a new phone and come into 2013. Lol
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #390
figmentswife

*best* well I guess that shows you can easily screw up from an iPhone.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: