Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #3241
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Thanks, I honestly didn't realize it was that big of a deal, I tend to put off medical things and refuse to look at internet for info (boss swore she had brain tumor cuz that is what internet said, turned out it was a B-12 defincancy)..I couldn't find a doctor to take me yesterday morning (won't even let me explain issue since I would be a new patient), earliest was 2/22! So I went to urgent care and after more bloodwork they sent me to a hematolgist. My levels were a little higher so they said I didn't need a transfusion, still trying to figure out what is causing it. A sick day equals one less vacation day But as my boss said, at least your are alive to take the remaining vacation days! Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain!
Sending good thoughts your way!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #3242
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
We kept a list going of who signed up - mainly for planning purposes for the staff. Some were part of Secret Mickey, others joined for fun. No big deal if someone didn't show up (since not a paid thing) except if they still needed to share their final Secret Mickey gift.

I think we had the entire section of Lumiere's by the hallway/windows. For PJ Breakfast they gave us the other side by the windows overlooking the water.
K wait, does that mean I need to reserve it now? Or wait til we board?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #3243
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
K wait, does that mean I need to reserve it now? Or wait til we board?
Not now - After boarding. Just let someone know at Lumiere's (head waiter) that there are x number of cruisers planning on having a farewell lunch on that date/time. I think I also told Guest Services (I did PJ Breakfast) - had a pre-typed letter in advance to give to each. No tables needed to be moved or anything - we just were all seated in that area when we were entered. Super easy. The only hard part was keeping a list ahead of time so people could remember if signed up or not, and we kept that on our page 1 posts. I think PJ Breakfast had 80+ signup.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #3244
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Received my VistaPrint tshirts today. True to size on their new kids sizes, and look great for $6 shirts! Clearance ends Jan 31. We did front/back for me/hubby (+$5) and just fronts for the girls.

www.vistaprint.com/clearance

Used these files with no issue
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #3245
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not now - After boarding. Just let someone know at Lumiere's (head waiter) that there are x number of cruisers planning on having a farewell lunch on that date/time. I think I also told Guest Services (I did PJ Breakfast) - had a pre-typed letter in advance to give to each. No tables needed to be moved or anything - we just were all seated in that area when we were entered. Super easy. The only hard part was keeping a list ahead of time so people could remember if signed up or not, and we kept that on our page 1 posts. I think PJ Breakfast had 80+ signup.
Gotcha! I'll keep track and write a little note ahead of time as well. Thank you -- you basically did it for me haha.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #3246
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Received my VistaPrint tshirts today. True to size on their new kids sizes, and look great for $6 shirts! Clearance ends Jan 31. We did front/back for me/hubby (+$5) and just fronts for the girls.

Copyrighted? Uncopyrighted? Not sure? No problem. I used some image I Googled and the VistaPrint magic-makers are creating them as we speak! LOVE that place. And also got more business cards!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #3247
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #3248
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

Thanks, I honestly didn't realize it was that big of a deal, I tend to put off medical things and refuse to look at internet for info (boss swore she had brain tumor cuz that is what internet said, turned out it was a B-12 defincancy)..I couldn't find a doctor to take me yesterday morning (won't even let me explain issue since I would be a new patient), earliest was 2/22! So I went to urgent care and after more bloodwork they sent me to a hematolgist. My levels were a little higher so they said I didn't need a transfusion, still trying to figure out what is causing it. A sick day equals one less vacation day But as my boss said, at least your are alive to take the remaining vacation days! Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain!

As already been said, thanks fo your service!
My Dad (father of three girls), always joked that there was a special bathroom in heaven just for the fathers of girls! I hope he is enjoying it!

Lucky you! I got the opposite, no booze for me Also hope that is lifted before the cruise!
Glad your levels were a little higher - keep is updated!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #3249
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

Thanks for the PJ breakfast tips Mandy, much appreciated! When I am back to 100% this week, I will update my placeholder and sort the pin trading event

sorry for being slow on the uptake with the new thread everyone x
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #3250
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod

Welcome! My boys will be 7 and are very shy at first, but they'll have 14 days to warm up!
Hello and welcome!
My son will be 6 1/2 and thrilled that there are other guys on this trip!
My DD(8) is having a ball emailing some of the other girls, and my DD(3) just wants to be sure that there's chocolate.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #3251
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Gram
Good morning! We just booked this cruise and are so excited. Our grandson, Bryan, age 8 is joining us. I did a quick read of some of the posts and noticed some kids his age were on the cruise.

We want to participate in all the activities this group has planned.
Welcome!
My DS (6) will be happy to know there are more boys coming!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #3252
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Copyrighted? Uncopyrighted? Not sure? No problem. I used some image I Googled and the VistaPrint magic-makers are creating them as we speak! LOVE that place. And also got more business cards!
Yeppers! Have used them a few years now with no issues.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #3253
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever2013

Hello and welcome!
My son will be 6 1/2 and thrilled that there are other guys on this trip!
My DD(8) is having a ball emailing some of the other girls, and my DD(3) just wants to be sure that there's chocolate.
Your DD3 and I will get along just FINE! I love FE chocolate of all varieties and we bring the chocolate-covered macadamia nuts!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #3254
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987

Glad your levels were a little higher - keep is updated!
Yes, keep us posted!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #3255
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, keep us posted!
Will do! As long as all this doesn't make its way back to my mother!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: