Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #2236
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
OMG! So excited!After months of trying to convince our good friends to join us in Disney, they finally just booked for April!!!! They will be down there for 8nights (4/18-4/26) and staying at POR (they are a family of 5)!!!!
Now, I am totally reconfiguring our touring plan so that we can fit in golf for the guys, etc....
But, they are far from Disney obsessed, so basically just told us to "show them a good time"

This oughta be interesting!!!
How exciting!! Who knows, they may be Disney obsesses after this trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #2237
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Thanks...the doctor has prescribed her a different med, I have filled it but I am waiting to see of her fever comes back again.

Yikes...not what I wanted to hear!!

Yes the older two have had both tonsils and adenoids out. I asked the Dr. if it is unusual to have strep without the tonsils, but she said it was still quite common.

Hmmm...not liking the sounds of injections!! But whatever helps I suppose. That would not go over well, my DD8 is not the 'toughest' one out of my three.

We were all swabbed again, but she said it only looks like DD8 is having another episode of it. I am not a fan of the antibiotics either. We have been doing so well, and had a long stretch without any. I picked up some kids probiotics for her to take at the same time. Thanks for caring.

Thank you Shelia...

Wow this is big news! It will be a whole different trip for you guys now...how fun to have friends along! I am sure you will love planning everything to show them. Have fun!
I hope this one works and she is better soon.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2238
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Amazing , just kidding..I am GLAD you are taking your presciptions, you must take good care
I know, righty? Who knew actually taking the meds the doctor says I need would actually make me better.

I know I need to, but I tend to put myself last on my own to-do list.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2239
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey

Wookie - wooohoo for no more nose bleeds! I hope you talk the dh and dfil into letting you attend the convention
I am happy they are gone. The sight of blood doesn't bother me, it was just annoying.

I went to work today with the DH and we've been talking about it. If it were up to the fil, it's a done deal on them going. If it were up to my DH, I would be going as we'll. Either he is a pod person, or my DH is a closet Disney World lover. I told him about the discount park tickets for convention people and he's interested in getting them. He is already planning what parks we could go to and what rides we would make sure to ride.

Anyone know about how much they cost? I think you can't use them until after 5, but he'll (or we'll) be in training all day anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey
Happy Birthday Marie!

Hi everyone else! Hope you are doing well today!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #2240
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

wookie - Yay for no more nose bleeds!
Thank you!!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #2241
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I am happy they are gone. The sight of blood doesn't bother me, it was just annoying.

I went to work today with the DH and we've been talking about it. If it were up to the fil, it's a done deal on them going. If it were up to my DH, I would be going as we'll. Either he is a pod person, or my DH is a closet Disney World lover. I told him about the discount park tickets for convention people and he's interested in getting them. He is already planning what parks we could go to and what rides we would make sure to ride.

Anyone know about how much they cost? I think you can't use them until after 5, but he'll (or we'll) be in training all day anyway.
Sounds promising!

Here's a link about convention tickets. DH was supposed to go to a convention in Feb that we were going to tag along for. I wish that hadn't fallen through.

http://www.disneyconventiontickets.c...parks/tickets/
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #2242
letthewookiewin

Quote:

Sounds promising!

Here's a link about convention tickets. DH was supposed to go to a convention in Feb that we were going to tag along for. I wish that hadn't fallen through.

http://www.disneyconventiontickets.c...parks/tickets/
Thanks!! Your post got him even more excited about the possibility of going. I'm going to talk to the mil tonight and tell her if I go, I'll not take any classes first session. Just in case they want me to take notes.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #2243
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Too short a trip to drive Oh boy...August is cheaper We will stick togeher we can do it

Oh Marie's birthday!!!

I need to quit looking but that sucks the fun out lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I won't be re-working it too much. They don't want any TS meals (not doing DDP), except they may join us for date night at Yachtsman....they did get hoppers, so they basically said that they would just follow us around...

We have 6 meals planned but two of them are after they leave, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just have to fit golf in, but we have several "open" mornings already, so I just need to pick one of those.
Yay! Sounds fun!
Quote:
Jenny - Hope DD feels better very soon.

Melissa and Janet - Great pic. So cool that you got to get together!

wookie - Yay for no more nose bleeds!

pas - I'm glad to hear DH was good with you in labor.

Mousemommy - I hope things go well with the friends coming along. That sounds fun!

I got a mailer yesterday for Annual Passholders. I can't stop staring at all the special events I'd love to try. I wish we lived closer.

I'm not feeling YC CL today. I think I need to call and see if Poly CL is available.
Someday, I will have an annual pass!!! :-)

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #2244
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #2245
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I need to vent what is wrong with Disney? I called this am to see what the AAA discount was and the automated system had my "old" Ohio address from 10 years ago WTH I have been to Disney 3x since being back in Ct and to DL once.

It is no wonder I do not get Pin# they are probably going to Ohio

Have to run trying to call to reschedule my Drs. appt, roads are icy same as last week

Have a good day!
Yes, I am on the reservation line now, on hold of course, and when I went through the automated system it had the address I lived at over 10 years ago!!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #2246
Debrn
Mouseketeer

I got a pin in November it was my address that I moved from in 1988, I've been on numerous trips, dvc member etc.... How how the heck ? And I have got pins to my email address with my friends last name who travelled with us and they wouldn't honor the pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yes, I am on the reservation line now, on hold of course, and when I went through the automated system it had the address I lived at over 10 years ago!!!
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #2247
padawans
DIS Veteran

BL Be careful what you wish for. The AP's are addictive and costly.

Wookie I hope you get to go.

MM Sounds like fun. I hope it's fun and no drama.

My doggy drama is finally over. One thing I really disliked about WDW pet center is that the never answer the phone. You have to leave a message and they call you back. It's usually 2-5 hours before they call you back. I called them today to add on a couple of nights. After 2 hours of no call back I decided to do what other people do when they want better accommodations at a cheaper price. They look offsite. Not for us of course, but for the dog. I found a beautiful ranch style pet spa in Kissimmee call Bass Pet Resort. It has much better reviews than the Disney one. After checking out the online photos I called, and someone actually answered the phone. I spent 15 minutes talking to the employee about the place and had a great feeling about it. I was able to book the VIP suite package which included a 40 sq ft suite with a toddler bed, TV and a private 40sq foot outdoor patio. He also gets 3 play sessions with other dogs, 3 walks, bedtime story, cuddle time and doggie treat. All for 42.00 a night. The same thing at the Disney one would have been 70.00 a night. I was very happy with this. He loves playing with other dogs. We go to the dog park everyday so this should be fun for him. I am really happy I found a nice affordable place to board him when we go to Orlando.

At the dog park today I was talking to some of the other pet owners. They are also not impressed with the kennels in our area. I was glad to know it wasn't just me. I didn't think I was really that fussy.

The best part is I got to upgrade to RPR club.2 239.00 a night. 500.00 for 3 day tickets for the 4 of us. Universal is such a great value.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #2248
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Once when my DS Jay Had strep which did not respond to the meds it turned out he had Mono. Hope your DD feels better soon.

I need to vent what is wrong with Disney? I called this am to see what the AAA discount was and the automated system had my "old" Ohio address from 10 years ago WTH I have been to Disney 3x since being back in Ct and to DL once.

It is no wonder I do not get Pin# they are probably going to Ohio

Have to run trying to call to reschedule my Drs. appt, roads are icy same as last week

Have a good day!
That is SO weird. I get Disney mail to my grandmother's house. She lives 2 houses away. Why can't they just get the house number right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
OMG! So excited!After months of trying to convince our good friends to join us in Disney, they finally just booked for April!!!! They will be down there for 8nights (4/18-4/26) and staying at POR (they are a family of 5)!!!!
Now, I am totally reconfiguring our touring plan so that we can fit in golf for the guys, etc....
But, they are far from Disney obsessed, so basically just told us to "show them a good time"

This oughta be interesting!!!

jenny Don't you just hate when they're sick? DS had recurring ear infections as a baby. Apparently they look for that in ASD kids, which I found very interesting.

Work was a NIGHTMARE today. I was tired to begin with and right now I can barely keep my eyes open. Of course Lily has no interest in sleeping.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #2249
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks!! Your post got him even more excited about the possibility of going. I'm going to talk to the mil tonight and tell her if I go, I'll not take any classes first session. Just in case they want me to take notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Someday, I will have an annual pass!!! :-)
See below from padawans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
BL Be careful what you wish for. The AP's are addictive and costly.

Wookie I hope you get to go.

MM Sounds like fun. I hope it's fun and no drama.

My doggy drama is finally over. One thing I really disliked about WDW pet center is that the never answer the phone. You have to leave a message and they call you back. It's usually 2-5 hours before they call you back. I called them today to add on a couple of nights. After 2 hours of no call back I decided to do what other people do when they want better accommodations at a cheaper price. They look offsite. Not for us of course, but for the dog. I found a beautiful ranch style pet spa in Kissimmee call Bass Pet Resort. It has much better reviews than the Disney one. After checking out the online photos I called, and someone actually answered the phone. I spent 15 minutes talking to the employee about the place and had a great feeling about it. I was able to book the VIP suite package which included a 40 sq ft suite with a toddler bed, TV and a private 40sq foot outdoor patio. He also gets 3 play sessions with other dogs, 3 walks, bedtime story, cuddle time and doggie treat. All for 42.00 a night. The same thing at the Disney one would have been 70.00 a night. I was very happy with this. He loves playing with other dogs. We go to the dog park everyday so this should be fun for him. I am really happy I found a nice affordable place to board him when we go to Orlando.

At the dog park today I was talking to some of the other pet owners. They are also not impressed with the kennels in our area. I was glad to know it wasn't just me. I didn't think I was really that fussy.

The best part is I got to upgrade to RPR club.2 239.00 a night. 500.00 for 3 day tickets for the 4 of us. Universal is such a great value.
Glad you got the dog situation handled. Sounds great! Wow! Universal sounds like an excellent value! I will have to convince the fam to try the dark side one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
That is SO weird. I get Disney mail to my grandmother's house. She lives 2 houses away. Why can't they just get the house number right?!

jenny Don't you just hate when they're sick? DS had recurring ear infections as a baby. Apparently they look for that in ASD kids, which I found very interesting.

Work was a NIGHTMARE today. I was tired to begin with and right now I can barely keep my eyes open. Of course Lily has no interest in sleeping.
You've got a late night party girl too, huh? Mine doesn't seem to want to sleep before 10-10:30 lately. Luckily she usually sleeps in and takes super long naps though.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #2250
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

See below from padawans.

Glad you got the dog situation handled. Sounds great! Wow! Universal sounds like an excellent value! I will have to convince the fam to try the dark side one day.

You've got a late night party girl too, huh? Mine doesn't seem to want to sleep before 10-10:30 lately. Luckily she usually sleeps in and takes super long naps though.

Your boys would love Universal. My boys choose it over Disney. The Spiderman 3D ride is the best ride I have ever been on. I can't wait to go to the one in Hollywood to ride the Transformers 3D. It's a much different pace then Disney. You will get front of the line passes to every ride. No need to make ADR's, but lots of good restaurants within walking distance. No busses you can walk everywhere. The resorts and pools are as good as or better than Disney. Club level is great. You can't beat the value. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it's only a 4 night 3 day trip. I can't fly to Orlando for 4 nights so it's always a add on to Disney, therefore it does make my Disney trips more expensive.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: