Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #736
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?
I've done CL both ways, and I'm one of the folks who said you may be better off skipping online check-in. See below:

In the past, online check-in was not worth doing for CL. It's hard to explain why. You never really have to wait in any lines, and they know about your arrival because you email them your arrival info in advance. It's not about making the club level experience more grand or complete or anything. the differnce was subtle.

Staff are always supposed to greet you at the hotel entrance. But it's not like they have 20 people on staff to do that, they have only a few greeters- it's entirely possible the greeter could be helping another guest. It happens. It's great when the greeter thing works like it's supposed to work.

All that said, for a time, the online check-in button was a bit obscure on the website. With the launch of the new website, it's clear they are making online check-in much more prominent. They must be revamping the system. If you want to do it, do it. My guess is withthe new prominenece, they DO want all guests to try it.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #737
crazy_for_the_dis
Mouseketeer

I foresee a future DIS CL lush meet someday!

It will be our first time at a Disney CL too. I'm thinking of upgrading to WL CL as a surprise for my mom and sister. The whole trip is a surprise for my mom to go down and see my daughter march with her HS band down Main St. I really want to make the trip special for my mom, and I think CL would help in that. Unfortunately, due to medication she can't drink, so more wine and mimosas for my sister and me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #738
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_for_the_dis View Post

It will be our first time at a Disney CL too. I'm thinking of upgrading to WL CL as a surprise for my mom and sister. The whole trip is a surprise for my mom to go down and see my daughter march with her HS band down Main St. I really want to make the trip special for my mom, and I think CL would help in that. Unfortunately, due to medication she can't drink, so more wine and mimosas for my sister and me!
We have stayed WL CL and loved it. The cast members are so nice and personable.

My daughter will be there also with her marching band and choir. Hope you have a great time. I so wish we were able to go also.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16
Jun 2013 BW CL - 2nd DD Sweet 16
NEXT TRIP DEC 2014 WL CL - CHRISTMAS
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #739
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?
They know the day of your arrival. And it is nearly impossible to get into a resort without them knowing. If doing ME from the airport you are checked in there to get on your bus. If driving you have to checkin with the gaurd gate before going in to park.

I imagine the computer has the CL reservations flagged & CMs either know to give the IPO a heads up, or now days it is possible the computer just does it soon as you do that first check in.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #740
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

I was just looking at pictures someone posted of the Yacht CL food and saw the brie and rasberry encruit (spelt wrong I know) OOOOMMMMMGGGG YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!
Does anyone know if they serve the same things every week??
or the same days every week??
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #741
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_for_the_dis View Post

WL CL is amazing!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #742
dato63
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone for the information.

I did email the CL yesterday and let them know the ADR changes I made.

I was going to go ahead and do the online check in, but it won't let you without tying a credit card to the account. I've never had to tie one before, and prefer not to. So I guess we'll wait and do check in when we are there. My family traveling with us do not have a cc and I had planned on getting them a gift card to use/spend while they are there.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #743
summersalt
DIS Veteran

In celebration of making my last mortgage payment and using my sister's recent bounceback offer, we are booked at the GF Club Level - main building in October. I am beyond excited! Does anyone have any reviews or suggestions they could share?

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #744
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
In celebration of making my last mortgage payment and using my sister's recent bounceback offer, we are booked at the GF Club Level - main building in October. I am beyond excited! Does anyone have any reviews or suggestions they could share?
WE love love LOVE GF CL Main Bldg. Can't stay anymore cuz we are too big a family. I requested a MK view. We were all the way at then end of the hallway and from our balcony could see most of the fireworks. They don't say it's MK view, but they will know what you mean. If you like I could find what room number we were in. We stayed in the same room both times. It is also on the same room as the lounge. We had an absolute wonderful stay both times and wish the same for you. OHHHH, and congrats on your accomplishment.

1971 WDW opening year
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #745
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
You will have a great stay as RPC is amazing . The lounge is spacious with alot of seating, the food offerings are great, and the views are awesome. One of my favorite things to do is head to the lounge early in the morning and have my coffee while looking out at the courtyard pool watching the resort "wake up" . It's also great in the evening sitting in the lounge listening to the band play. Also, the CMs are top notch, IMO, and are always willing to help with anything you need. Have a great trip and congrats on making your last mortgage payment .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #746
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
WE love love LOVE GF CL Main Bldg. Can't stay anymore cuz we are too big a family. I requested a MK view. We were all the way at then end of the hallway and from our balcony could see most of the fireworks. They don't say it's MK view, but they will know what you mean. If you like I could find what room number we were in. We stayed in the same room both times. It is also on the same ROOM as the lounge. We had an absolute wonderful stay both times and wish the same for you. OHHHH, and congrats on your accomplishment.
whoopsies I meant floor... It is also on the same floor as the lounge.

1971 WDW opening year
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #747
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
I was just looking at pictures someone posted of the Yacht CL food and saw the brie and rasberry encruit (spelt wrong I know) OOOOMMMMMGGGG YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!
Does anyone know if they serve the same things every week??
or the same days every week??
Anyone know?? Do the menues stay the same weekly?? Daily??
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #748
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I can't speak of YC but at AKL the apps and desserts were different every night while day time optitions were the same. HTH

Heather

Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #749
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I can't speak of YC but at AKL the apps and desserts were different every night while day time optitions were the same. HTH

Heather
Thanks Heather. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #750
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3

Heather
That's been our experience during all our stays at different CLs, as well. Different daily menu, but it repeated the following week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: