Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
funsized1989
Earning My Ears

Parking question

We made reservations for chef Mikey's on June 6 at 730am. We are staying off-site and are planning on parking at mk and walking to the restaurant. How early does the parking lot at mk open? And does the monorail from the parking lot to the park run that early?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #2
TheoDawg
Mouseketeer

you can park at the Contemporary resort if you have a reservation they give you a 3 hr pass usually.
3rd Trip-Apr 2007-Off Site
4th Trip-Nov 2007-Marriott Grande Vista-SOLO
5th Trip-Feb 2008-OKW
6th Trip-Mar 2009-POFC
7th Trip-Nov 2010-POR/Marriott Grande Vista/POP-Family
8th Trip-Apr 2011-POP
9th Trip-Sept 2011-Sheraton Vistana-Family
10th Trip-March 2013-Vacation Village @ Parkway
11th Trip-May 2013-Seralago Hotel
12th Trip-Feb 2014-The Fountains/Villas at Island Club
TheoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDawg View Post
you can park at the Contemporary resort if you have a reservation they give you a 3 hr pass usually.
Correct, and you'll just need to move the car after your reservation to the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC).
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
Correct, and you'll just need to move the car after your reservation to the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC).
OP also has the option of paying for valet parking at the Contemporary for $15 + tip. S/he could then walk to the MK after her breakfast and return to the car at the end of the day.

To me, this is the better option since the OP would have to pay $14 to park at the MK anyways. What's an extra $1 + tip for the convenience of walking to the MK and not having to fight the crowds on the way back

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Parking at a resort, for the day, is frowned upon when you are not staying there. BUT...since you are an offsite guest, and will be paying to park at the TTC in any case (this is the parking lot for MK), you may as well just park at the CR and pay to valet park. If you valet, you are free to go wherever you want for that day.
You can park there, eat breakfast and then walk over to the MK via the sidewalk that runs beneath the monorail line. It takes under 10 mins.

If you choose to park in the TTC lot, you can take the monorail to the CR. It starts right around 7am..takes about 10 mins to get to the CR once on board.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
chartle
DIS Veteran

I also want to make sure you know that the parking lot for the MK is across a small lake near the TTC.

So you would have to park at the TTC, get to the MK front gates and then you could walk to Chef Mickey's but its just as easy to park at the TTC and take the Resort monorail directly to Contemporary. This monorail has to be running in order for other guests staying at the Poly and the Grand Floridian to get there also.

You can't walk from the TTC to the Contemporary.

Last edited by chartle; 01-29-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
You can't walk form the TTC to the Contemporary.
I was wondering if someone was going to point this out.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
funsized1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle
I also want to make sure you know that the parking lot for the MK is across a small lake near the TTC.

So you would have to park at the TTC, get to the MK front gates and then you could walk to Chef Mickey's but its just as easy to park at the TTC and take the Resort monorail directly to Contemporary. This monorail has to be running in order for other guests staying at the Poly and the Grand Floridian to get there also.

You can't walk from the TTC to the Contemporary.
So the parking lot for ttc will be open that early? And the monorail will be running? It'd be easier just to park there than have to park at the hotel and have to move the car
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsized1989 View Post
So the parking lot for ttc will be open that early? And the monorail will be running? It'd be easier just to park there than have to park at the hotel and have to move the car
correct per goofyfortink.

Also to get to the TTC follow the signs for the Magic Kingdom.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsized1989 View Post
The TTC seldom closes to the best of my knowledge. If it does, it opens very early and closes very late. The monorail doesn't start running until 7am...at least that has been the case when I've been there...as recently as early Dec.
You are an offsite guest...you are going to have to pay to park at the TTC. Then, you have to take the monorail over to the CR. It makes much more sense to pay to valet park at the CR, leave your car there and then walk over to the MK after your breakfast. There is no need to move your car if you have valet parked it. Moving it only applies to self parking. Since you are going to have to pay to park at the TTC, it makes more sense to pay at the CR and then forget about it. Just park, pay, and go about your day, then return there when you're done at the MK and drive home.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: